It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite UFO/Alien movie??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
With so many already mentioned(The Thing,Alien series,Close Encounters,Dune). I like 2001 and 2010. Jupiter has always facinated me for some reason.S+F

Ahhh man, John Carpenter's "The Thing" is that s#t

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Independence Day, by far.

The concept of the movie scared me when I was younger, and it is a movie that has stood the test of time for me. I can watch it anytime it comes on TV and still enjoy it. Great work by three great actors (Pullman, Smith, Goldblum).

Signs is a distant second. The videotaped scene where the alien interrupts the birthday party still freaks me out whenever I think about it.
edit on 9-4-2011 by ffman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

Agreed. I did'nt know it untill a few years ago but it was a remake. Was flippen channels and stumbled across the original. Pretty hard to watch.
edit on 9-4-2011 by JMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For those that dont know... a sequel to Independance Day is in the works. It will supposedly be shot all at once and released as two seperate movies. Most of the cast will be back, the only spoiler that's has surfaced is Will Smith will be in the role of President.

Still haven't decided what i want to watch tonite... hmm

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The X-Files The Movie : Fight The Future.
A work of genius.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

Contact and Avatar

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
indipendance day is still one of my favorites but i recently watched the orgional war of the worlds(not the 2004 remake) and for a movie of its time you couldnt expect much with special effects but it was still pretty good

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

i still dont see how a sequeal will work it was left pretty closded ended in my oppinion

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Contact. I absolutely loved Contact.

After being completely blown away the first time I saw Knowing in theaters, I figured I should give Dark City a shot. I just watched Dark City last night, and was quite impressed!

The Thing obviously is a classic.

I remember watching Signs as a kid, alone at night. Oh, it scared the crap out of me! For days afterwards I was always afraid to open doors, haha! It might not be a great movie, but boy was it effective! Haven't seen it in a long time, actually.

Edit:
By the way, The 4th Kind was a P.O.S.
But I am very excited for Super8 and Cowboys vs. Aliens!
edit on 9-4-2011 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nobody mentioned District 9 yet? It´s by far the most realistic first contact with aliens movie.

I also liked Battle: LA. No fancy shields or weapons like in ID4(it´s still a great movie though).

The fourth kind was pretty good too. Ah hell i lke them all. Even the old ones like War of the Worlds,Them and the great Dark Skies show.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Gosh, so many to think about....

The Alien flix, tho # 3 was the weakest entry in the series.

Independence Day, Close Encounters, ET, ...whoever mentioned Mars Attack, it was great too. It was so campy, Jack & Glenn Close as the prez & the 1st lady...loved it !!!

Ooooh...& Pitch Black...there's just something about Vin Diesel & those silver eyes of his while he's duking it out with those hammer-headed pterodactyl beasties !!!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"Fire in the Sky" because it's about the alleged abduction of Travis walton. Also had a real creepy alien scene.

edit on 9-4-2011 by TressPasseR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Too hard to pick just a few. Love so many good SciFi movies.
Dark City
District 9
Battle: Los Angeles
The Fifth Element
Galaxy Quest (my screwball fave)

One that is really good and not well known is The Man from Earth. Good movie, would recommend it to anyone who likes to think. No action in this one at all though.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I like alot of them.
Alien. Carpenter's The Thing. Contamination.
District 9. Close Encounters. The 4th Kind.

Hard to say, but right now, I wanna say my fave is:
They Live.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Not sure if these movies are true alien movies, but They Live, and Night of the Creeps. Night is about an alien from a dying planet sending these leech like creatures into the solar system on a comet, it hits hurt and the leeches take over peoples body's.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would say Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, and Fire in the Sky. Independance Day is the funnest alien movie to watch.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
All you kids, ya got goodens there but I will take from 1956 in its time comparing anything now a days, Earth Vs the Flying Saucers". Ray Harryhousen doing his stop action animation. Saucers crashing through and slicing off the Washington Monument and into the Capital Dome and into the huge columns at the at Congress??? OOOOh,

+1. awesome movie.
ID4 (sort of a remake) comes in 2nd. CE3K gets honorable mention. great sfx.
'Mothman Prophecies' is an awesome book but the movie didn't do it justice (imho).

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I love "War of the Worlds", "Avatar", "Paul" and "Men in Black" lol. I also can't wait til "Super 8" comes out I think thats gonna be a good one. And its not a movie but I love anything "V" related, I'm a fan of both the old and new series =)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Signs to this day scares the crap out of me and I love it

I also liked Communion, Fire In The Sky, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Mac and Me

Of course my new favorite alien movie comedy is

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

2001 - Black monoliths
The Man Who Fell To Earth - David Bowie seeks water
edit on 9-4-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join