It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmless Musings On Our "Real" Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Our Universe, in all its majesty and grandeur (which, of course, includes ALL sentience, ALL self-awareness) is, somehow, considered by some to be NOT "conscious" or, in other words, not [Individually or Collectively] aware of Itself. This premise is somewhat akin to saying "Life and Consciousness are both exceedingly rare in this universe; thusly, the vast majority of the universe is dead – as We define dead. That Consciousness Itself is, basically, nothing more than a kind of interesting quirk; a peculiar oddity to be found in scattered recesses of a [generally] stillborn natural occurrence we refer to as the universe.” Consciousness in our Universe is, to some, sort of like living fleas sitting on a dead dog, wondering what to do next…

…perhaps start feeding on each other, I suppose.

We seem to use rather arbitrary definitions of "life" that We ourselves contrive, as We then blithely categorize and contextualize this and that as being "alive" or “not really”. Put another way, We “choose” defining characteristics of what We view as being “living”, that We assume to reflect life; and We then seek out those very same qualities in “things” which surround us. Of course, We can say something to the effect that “We are merely discovering rules and laws which are already in place; and that’s all We are doing.”

What We (or they – take your pick) are apparently unaware of (intentionally or otherwise) is that We create the “rules” that We, then, discover; that We create those “laws” along with everything else that We then “discern” as being already there … this premise being valid DESPITE evidence of universal awareness (free yourself of those “billiard balls” and think Quantum here). We create Everything - up to and including ourselves (or WEselves – again, take your pick and be happy) as well as our ever-present, ever-changing and ever-creative points of view; for it’s our very points of view which register existence Itself.

But does the perceptible Universe exist in an “objective” sense if it’s not perceived to do so?

To put all this another way (for the love of God – say it isn’t so!), without some sort of “counter” to register the existence of the so-called “objective reality”, there can be NO reality. The counter being referred to here, which you have probably guessed by now, is the “Human Perspective”. While there is the “Raccoon Perspective”, the “Starfish Perspective”, the “Gnat Opinionator”, the “Stinkbug Take”, the “Oak Tree Retrospective”, the “Dung Beetle Overview” and on and on, it is The Human Perspective which stands alone and is, quite literally, subjectivity and objectivity personified*.

*It will be the Human Perspective we’ll concern ourselves (or Weselves) with here in these passages - although an exploration of our Universe from the perspective of the Dung Beetle is, quite frankly, nothing short of a mouth-watering temptation.

Now, where was/is We?…I think I’m having a stroke.

It is the subjective facet (or “tool” – for me, a to-ma-to/to-mah-to kind of thing) to the human perspective which registers rocks and trees, baby seals and popsicles and shoe horns and planets and stars. The subjective facet to the human perspective also registers the richness in the aroma of freshly-brewed coffee as well as the delicateness displayed by the fragrance of honeysuckle as it wafts on the moisture-laden air of a spring morning. Additionally, the subjective facet to the human perspective perpetually reminds us of the importance of Love – the Love of Life, the Love of Individuals for each other and, of course, our Love for Everything of which We are part.

Another [integral] portion of, or facet to, the human perspective is the compliment to the subjective, which is, of course, the “objective” facet. It is this regimented “tool” of the human perspective which categorizes and classifies. It is this facet to the human perspective which also determines the perceived order of this “reality”; and because this “reality” seems to be one that is comprised of separateness, of “things”, the objective facet provides the very basis for an “orderly and sane exploration” of what we refer to as physical existence. In short, the objective tool and the subjective tool work in a complimentary fashion in order to promote a “balanced” Human Perspective overview of Individual existence while embroiled within this kind of “reality”.

Within this perceived “order of things”, however, the objective portion of the human perspective seems [for some] to have become quite self-important; a mere facet of the human perspective which has evolved over the centuries to actually “believe” in its own separateness, and that reality can and does exist with or without the subjective OR the objective – although this belief is seemingly and inexorably mired in “objective” reasoning; “objective” belief.

The objective “tool” is, to my way of thinking, in many instances viewing its own reflection in a vein similar to the [assumed] star of the team picturing him/her/itself as being the team’s entirety – with any and all other contributions to the overall perspective being relegated to either insignificance or irrelevance. While it is inarguably true that the objective facet to the Human Perspective is integral in significance (insofar as its contribution to the [whole] Individual picture is concerned) and equivalent to all other facets of the perspective in importance, it is not MORE than any other “tool” – except, of course, within the [rather artificial] framework of its own assumed vision of itself; its own “belief”. It seems the objective facet to the Human Perspective quite often assumes that the “objective” exists without being created by the “objective tool” which spawns it.

The Scottish playwright, Sir Walter Scott, among other works wrote a rather bland poem titled “Marmion”. Within its various stanzas, however, is placed the oft-quoted thought:

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!”

I would dare to presume to add a single word to this lyrical work – and that word would be “…ourselves.”

Perhaps it’s the Human Costume which will prove to be an “interesting quirk”; a “peculiar oddity” in scattered recesses of the Universe…

…indeed.

One of the most insightful Individuals I have ever known is quite fond of stating the following:

“Humans are so cute when mesmerizing themselves with their own reflections; sort of like puppies gazing at their own images while standing at a puddle’s edge”.

Thanks for listening and, as always

My Very Best Of Wishes To All.

Mindpeace

edit on 9-4-2011 by Mindpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've got nuttin better to do with my time way over here in my/our corner cousin.
Oh, here,, I did this too.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindpeace

Our Universe, in all its majesty and grandeur (which, of course, includes ALL sentience, ALL self-awareness) is, somehow, considered by some to be NOT "conscious" or, in other words, not [Individually or Collectively] aware of Itself.

The universe is not a living entity, perhaps that is why?

This premise is somewhat akin to saying "Life and Consciousness are both exceedingly rare in this universe; thusly, the vast majority of the universe is dead – as We define dead. That Consciousness Itself is, basically, nothing more than a kind of interesting quirk; a peculiar oddity to be found in scattered recesses of a [generally] stillborn natural occurrence we refer to as the universe.” Consciousness in our Universe is, to some, sort of like living fleas sitting on a dead dog, wondering what to do next…

Scientists are saying that conscious life, as well as intelligent life arises quiet often. I don't know of any theory of consciousness that deems it as an interesting quirk that arose by accident.

We seem to use rather arbitrary definitions of "life" that We ourselves contrive, as We then blithely categorize and contextualize this and that as being "alive" or “not really”. Put another way, We “choose” defining characteristics of what We view as being “living”, that We assume to reflect life; and We then seek out those very same qualities in “things” which surround us. Of course, We can say something to the effect that “We are merely discovering rules and laws which are already in place; and that’s all We are doing.”

I disagree on the arbitrary definition issue. Life, such as in humans being living entities are capable of taking in energy from our surrounding, make use of that energy to power various biological systems, are capable of reproduction and evolution. Things like a rock for instance, do none of those things. A rock is incapable of doing those things. Humans and rocks are inherently different.

What We (or they – take your pick) are apparently unaware of (intentionally or otherwise) is that We create the “rules” that We, then, discover; that We create those “laws” along with everything else that We then “discern” as being already there … this premise being valid DESPITE evidence of universal awareness (free yourself of those “billiard balls” and think Quantum here). We create Everything - up to and including ourselves (or WEselves – again, take your pick and be happy) as well as our ever-present, ever-changing and ever-creative points of view; for it’s our very points of view which register existence Itself.

We don't create the rules and laws. We create the abstract meanings behind physical processes. We define an observable process as a law because of our language. We could call gravity a tree instead if that suits you, point is the physical process of gravity, be it called gravity or tree will still have a physical affect that causes you to fall flat on your butt.

Nor does quantum mechanics say anything about human consciousness creating reality. Quantum physics has nothing to do with the creation of reality by any means at all. What it does deal with is the inner workings of the subatomic level of reality. What it has no bearing on is the macroscopic level of reality where classical physics still and does work.

But does the perceptible Universe exist in an “objective” sense if it’s not perceived to do so?

Considering our species is roughly two million years old, yes... it still exists as an objective reality.

To put all this another way (for the love of God – say it isn’t so!), without some sort of “counter” to register the existence of the so-called “objective reality”, there can be NO reality. The counter being referred to here, which you have probably guessed by now, is the “Human Perspective”. While there is the “Raccoon Perspective”, the “Starfish Perspective”, the “Gnat Opinionator”, the “Stinkbug Take”, the “Oak Tree Retrospective”, the “Dung Beetle Overview” and on and on, it is The Human Perspective which stands alone and is, quite literally, subjectivity and objectivity personified*.

Utter nonsense. Why would human consciousness be held as more important that any other living thing in the entire universe? Are you a narcissist?

It is the subjective facet (or “tool” – for me, a to-ma-to/to-mah-to kind of thing) to the human perspective which registers rocks and trees, baby seals and popsicles and shoe horns and planets and stars. The subjective facet to the human perspective also registers the richness in the aroma of freshly-brewed coffee as well as the delicateness displayed by the fragrance of honeysuckle as it wafts on the moisture-laden air of a spring morning. Additionally, the subjective facet to the human perspective perpetually reminds us of the importance of Love – the Love of Life, the Love of Individuals for each other and, of course, our Love for Everything of which We are part.

We don't consciously create those experiences. Love and other emotions are caused by hormones and other biochemical responses. Things either smell good or bad depending upon whether they are beneficial or harmful to us, else we'd all drink a gallon of bleach and die.

Another [integral] portion of, or facet to, the human perspective is the compliment to the subjective, which is, of course, the “objective” facet. It is this regimented “tool” of the human perspective which categorizes and classifies. It is this facet to the human perspective which also determines the perceived order of this “reality”; and because this “reality” seems to be one that is comprised of separateness, of “things”, the objective facet provides the very basis for an “orderly and sane exploration” of what we refer to as physical existence. In short, the objective tool and the subjective tool work in a complimentary fashion in order to promote a “balanced” Human Perspective overview of Individual existence while embroiled within this kind of “reality”.

Within this perceived “order of things”, however, the objective portion of the human perspective seems [for some] to have become quite self-important; a mere facet of the human perspective which has evolved over the centuries to actually “believe” in its own separateness, and that reality can and does exist with or without the subjective OR the objective – although this belief is seemingly and inexorably mired in “objective” reasoning; “objective” belief.

The reason objective reality is so important is because reality IS objective. It actually really does exist regardless of our own existence. You can't even view reality without your five sensory organs. Any one of those organs fails and you lose a vast amount of information about reality. If you lose your eyesight, all visual aspects of reality disappear, but regardless of that subjective trait, you will still die if hit by a car even if you can't see it.

Reality is not subjective or created by our perception of it.

The objective “tool” is, to my way of thinking, in many instances viewing its own reflection in a vein similar to the [assumed] star of the team picturing him/her/itself as being the team’s entirety – with any and all other contributions to the overall perspective being relegated to either insignificance or irrelevance. While it is inarguably true that the objective facet to the Human Perspective is integral in significance (insofar as its contribution to the [whole] Individual picture is concerned) and equivalent to all other facets of the perspective in importance, it is not MORE than any other “tool” – except, of course, within the [rather artificial] framework of its own assumed vision of itself; its own “belief”. It seems the objective facet to the Human Perspective quite often assumes that the “objective” exists without being created by the “objective tool” which spawns it.

It's not assumed at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Hello TerryMcGuire.

Yes, it is a bit quiet in this corner of ATS - but finding myself in my own company is a pastime I thoroughly enjoy.

I do enjoy your artwork, though. Overall, the patterning is somewhat reminiscent, to me, of the old herringbone style of masonry used mainly during the "old days". Interestingly, I have occasionally seen similar symmetry used in some Native American leather working; although the "framing" certainly adds a nice touch. I also enjoyed encountering the earth tones you incorporated in the design.

Both imaginative and impressive TerryMcGuire, and I thank you for sharing your artistic vision.

Try to be happy...that's all any of us can do.

My Very Best To You And Your Family.

Mindpeace

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Hello Simex.

As mentioned in the title of this thread, my thoughts are mere personal musings and nothing more.

I found your own thoughts to be quite interesting; reflective of conclusions based upon what I comfortably assume to be thorough research coupled with much in the way of personal reflection and consideration on your part.

My sincerest "Thank You" for taking the time to place your own personal musings here. Your effort in this regard is greatly appreciated.

My Very Best Wishes To You And Your Family.

Mindpeace

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thankyou mind. I hope to see your avatar around.

Did you notice the labyrinth woven throughout?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Hello TerryMcGuire.

You know, even with a "revisit" to your personal info page I fail to see the labyrinth. But please keep in mind here that this is a failing on my part; not yours. Your kind reply DID provide a reason to, once again, enjoy viewing your artwork...so at least my day has started on a positive note. Thanks for that!

What strikes me as interesting about this entire scenario is that I regularly walk a labyrinth in Bethesda, Maryland. By "regularly", I mean that my labyrinth walking usually takes place twice monthly, and have been doing so for several years. I choose to walk the "medieval" version of a turf labyrinth located in England mainly because of its proximity to my home. There are quite a few to be found in Maryland (and elsewhere, of course), but driving is not a pastime I particularly enjoy.

My continuing to overlook the labyrinth you have hidden (ha, ha) in your design is just a reflection of my sixty years in this "reality" having worn me down - sort of similar to my feeling akin to a heavily-used pencil eraser. But between having a wife who is better than I deserve (she has been my "accomplice" for more than thirty years), and my enjoyment of a twenty-three year old son who I feel lucky to even know (much less be able to PROUDLY refer to him as "my son") - I'm living the good life.

Thanks again for sharing a bit of yourself TerryMcGuire. It's greatly appreciated.

All My Very Best,

Mindpeace

edit on 10-4-2011 by Mindpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I think I understand. I know the labyrinth at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco. It was from there that the rejuvenation of labyrinth as a meditative practice found it's first root in the eighties. Unknown to me at that time, I was hand drawing mazes woven into geometric frameworks. I found an article in the SF paper in the mid ninties about the Laybrinth Project out of Grace and growing worldwide and was taken by the smooth contours of the labyrinth path which bore resemblance to the pathways in my mazes. To me at the time, the mazes represented the trial and error of life, the confusions and dead ends we encounter in our walk.

The mindful solitary path to the center however appealed to me. No errors, no missteps or false directions, just trust in the path and it all becomes labyrinth.

The labyrinth in my art is not a path to the center for rejuvenation and then the walk back out, rather a continual path around the center where every inch of the path being where alpha meets omega as it winds it's convoluted way through existence. No beginning and no end, this labyrinth is a three dimensional wall with a black thread as it's floor which weaves throughout the piece. It is the piece.

My wife and I retired 7 years ago and moved from the city to outside a small town n the state of Oregon where we found a small house on the bank of a modest river. We have a dog and cats and we feed and converse with the wild turkeys each morning. We have had the fortune to facilitate the move from city life to rural life for several of our family so we have grandchildren around around enough of the time to dote on and keep things lively. Basically we are your age and are enjoying the foot off the petal life.

So peace with you and I am off to feed the turkeys.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

We don't create the rules and laws. We create the abstract meanings behind physical processes. We define an observable process as a law because of our language. We could call gravity a tree instead if that suits you, point is the physical process of gravity, be it called gravity or tree will still have a physical affect that causes you to fall flat on your butt.

We do, if we have non of our 5 senses nothing would exist for you, we are merely a projection of these sense.
We have the power to manipulate gravity and all the sorts, we just have to create an illusion within this illusion and wala. We are multi-dimensional beings we create a parallel universe every time we breath and move, I am the god of this universe and your the god of your own universe. If you think you can and will accomplish something then you will but however if you don't and doubt your self then the chance of you accomplishing something will have a probability of 50%

Nor does quantum mechanics say anything about human consciousness creating reality. Quantum physics has nothing to do with the creation of reality by any means at all. What it does deal with is the inner workings of the subatomic level of reality. What it has no bearing on is the macroscopic level of reality where classical physics still and does work.
If you don't quantum mechanics mix up with our knowledge of the sub-consciousness, that our bodies are "quantumly" processing things. We are yet to discover more and this is a matter of time.

Considering our species is roughly two million years old, yes... it still exists as an objective reality.

Considering that we find artefacts linked to being made by a civilisation 285million years ago we are quite old as species, remember recorded history only started 10000 years ago.

Utter nonsense. Why would human consciousness be held as more important that any other living thing in the entire universe? Are you a narcissist?

Because we are the gods of this universe, we are more than just memories and experiences we are already immortal, I might of actually died in another universe by now but Im still alive today, but the fact is by calling "death!" the end is limiting our precipitation that we are actually an infinite being.

The reason objective reality is so important is because reality IS objective. It actually really does exist regardless of our own existence. You can't even view reality without your five sensory organs. Any one of those organs fails and you lose a vast amount of information about reality. If you lose your eyesight, all visual aspects of reality disappear, but regardless of that subjective trait, you will still die if hit by a car even if you can't see it.

Reality is not subjective or created by our perception of it.
But this is not reality as you say, we are all in our own illusion, I can basically kill anyone by saying "he doesn't exist or he died" but that's just me.

edit on 11-4-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You write well.

Of course there are many who will not understand you. Or perhaps think it's irrelevant.

I hope you don't spend all your days fishing in this one pond, though. There are a lot of other interesting ones not too far away.

As for those who'd rather wait for "science" to figure all this out: I hope they have fun waiting. I'd rather set out in search of another less-explored pond.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Hello l_e_cox.

Firstly, my sincerest “Thank You” for both your kind words and your counsel. Please know that these things are greatly appreciated.

NOTE: What follows here is, on its surface, totally off the subject matter of this thread. However, I feel that my introducing the following information MAY result in further exploration of this thread’s intended subject matter (i.e. reality, linear time perception, infinite dimensionalization of existence, et. al.). If you, the Moderator, feel it appropriate to move this thread, my blessing is, of course, granted. Just please let me know where you moved it to...

l_e_cox, I took the liberty of visiting your personal page here at ATS. It was certainly worth the trek, and I came away with a healthy dose of respect for your varied experience AND your [apparent] ability to contextualize those events which continue to shape your perspective.

My own experiential cache actually began to subtly flower during the mid/late fifties, with the contents of those experiences primarily consisting of the following: Fishing for perch from the shore of the Potomac River with my Grandfather; my very first grade school romance occurring in 1957 (her name was Gloria Spillman, and I love her to this day); the wearing of my first necktie - a simple affair for a birthday party which my mother insisted I attend in order to impress some other denizen of the Tupperware World and, of course, my first sip of beer (I didn’t care for it then, or now). My single-most favorite pastime was playing marbles with the “colored kids” in my neighborhood – bearing in mind here that this particular facet to my experience was pre-awareness of bigotry - and an innocence within and throughout my life was thoroughly enjoyed.

Having a cache of experience, however, which is in many ways similar to your own, I myself came away from those socially-turbulent sixties with anger, frustration and a deep seething for the more predatory aspects of our shared “humanity”. I reveled in my “hippiedom”; viewing anyone who opposed concepts such as “free-this” and “free-that” as simply being mired in a La Brea-like prison of their own device. I actually yearned for the days when those folks would simply fade away along with the age into which they had been born…as I merrily danced into the coming Age of Aquarius.

With the onset (or onslaught) of the seventies, my distaste for this “Land of the Free” didn’t subside a single iota. What, with the Vietnam War perpetually claiming the lives of several dear and personal friends who had been unfortunate enough to have been drafted into THAT debacle, and our own President Richard Milhouse (what the hell kind of name is that?) Nixon shamelessly committing crimes for painfully-obvious political gain and advantage, well…I was a mess. The entirety of my world was colored with a sepia-like hue – sort of like the beginning and ending scenes of “The Wizard of Oz” – a palpable blandness which seemed to infect everything.

And then “reality” set in…

It dawned on me in 1980 or thereabouts that, somehow, all my previous life experience was serving some sort of “purpose”. As it turned out, that purpose was the regaining of my sanity – although up to that moment I had considered myself to be quite sane – standing almost alone in a world gone mad; a single candle situated in a field of darkness.

I found myself visiting an old bookstore, one of my favorite haunts during those days, and came across a book with the title “Seth Speaks”, which had been co-authored by a rather obscure writer named Jane Roberts. I was absolutely fascinated with concepts such as “simultaneous time” and the “eternal Now”. Nothing short of astonishment nearly overwhelmed me as I read the words contained within that volume, for it seemed as though they were flowing from myself – if that statement makes any sense. And as I delved more and more deeply into those exotic (to me) ideas, I “found myself” once again…but on this occasion, I also found a direction of sorts into which I could funnel my attention, my painfully-meager intellect and my enthusiasm…

…and the rest, as some say, is history. By the way, when considering my own ideas concerning linear time as being primarily illusion, the phrase of “accepted history” brings a smile to my face…and I’m thankful for that.

Today, although I have [mightily] enjoyed some of the “trappings” I previously associated with “cow towing to the Man” (a small but VERY comfortable home, a wife who is also my VERY best friend and (as I mentioned above to TerryMcGuire) having a son who I feel lucky to even know – much less be able to PROUDLY call him my son – and, of course, the best dog ever who boasts the nom de voyage of “Hamlet”) I have been able to reconnect with…myself.

My apologies for the length of this post, l_e_cox. But when viewed from the standpoint of “simultaneous time”, the time it took to compose and read it is, virtually, non-existent. Small consolation, huh?

Thanks again for your patience, kindness and counsel, my friend.

Mindpeace

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Hello Foreshadower99.

My sincerest "Thank You" for your reply to the various thoughts offered by both Sirnex and myself. By the way, I found your own ideas to be similarly aligned with my own.

It DOES seem to always come back to the Individual, doesn't it?

Although the Universe appears as a "stand alone" kind of manifestation, without the Individual to create His/Her version of It, it does not truly exist - on either an Individual or Collective level of awareness without Individuals having "positioned themselves", so to speak, first to [individually] perceive, then to interact with It. Rules of the game, such as perception of both linear time and seemingly vacuous space apparently mere facets to this kind of reality with which we interface.

Perhaps I will, one day, share some of my more "out there" adventures in consciousness; but for the moment I'll merely keep them on ice.

Sorry for the "ramble" here.

Thanks again for your thoughts Foreshadower99. They are greatly appreciated.

All My Very Best To You And Your Family.

Mindpeace

edit on 11-4-2011 by Mindpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Much Appreciated!
I noticed and must ask....do you meditate? and have beliefs based upon your own true experience upon this?
I myself do and must say it is the best way to get your self in harmony with this dimension.
To be honest my thinking is purely based upon my experiences reinforced by others.
For me we have be re-born times and times again, sometimes when I look at the mirror it looks like I have some physical traits left from my previous bodies.
However even though some religions come close to the "truth" it never gets there because it is manipulated to make the person who believes in it better. e.g. "God's on our side!"
But that just again limiting your beliefs and views, being sceptical about everything actually degrades your life force. Im not saying eat every rubbish thrown at you but only get a taste of what could be going on.
To be honest what is there to be sceptical about? We are powerful we should fear nothing therefore we should not let our selves be used like most people are today.
Some things are better learned from a book, but most things are better learned from experiencing and that's what our souls/spirits/energy whatever you call it is doing.
Even though we raise ourselves to do specific things we learn from our mistakes and things we repeat.
Although I have no clue how we are going to accumulate it.

Currently it's mid-night here so good night!
I expect to see more from you because you seem to openly share your knowledge.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Hello Foreshadow99.

You presented some interesting thoughts, indeed:

"I noticed and must ask....do you meditate? and have beliefs based upon your own true experience upon this? I myself do and must say it is the best way to get your self in harmony with this dimension. To be honest my thinking is purely based upon my experiences reinforced by others.”

Years ago, I would find myself seeking out this or that quiet corner in order to “find myself” through meditation. I would focus on chakras, in a specific order and, in so doing, would achieve a semi-relaxed state from which to view my interior landscape, so to speak. However, after several years of pursuing this strategy, it occurred to me that I was simply using meditation to achieve a kind of “escape” from this immediate waking experience which, to my way of thinking, was self-defeating in a very important way. With more than a bit of frustration – mostly derived from this[escape] mentality – I sought out alternative methods of exploring the reality that is…me. I settled upon self-hypnosis as my explorative strategy; and I’ve never looked back.

This method of taking those journeys into my own Consciousness have paid immense dividends over the years Foreshadower99; but please bear in mind here that although this approach works for me, it is not necessarily an effective explorative method for everyone. But such is Individuality…

I’ll share one of these inner adventures here; for what it’s worth. This event occurred approximately eight years ago.

In light self-hypnotic trance, I had been considering how existence could be “everywhere” at once (non-locality but, within the physical, how the illusion of local positioning could become manifest). How it was that time, space, physicality and non-physical “realities” could not only co-exist, but actually compliment each other when trying to cerebrally view all of existence in a somewhat collective manner. In other words, what could the “big picture” be like without the expected and “inevitable” interference between them…

…and here’s what happened during that particular adventure:

As I comfortably sat in my chair, a slight movement at the right of my peripheral vision caught my attention. But as I tried to look directly at the event, “it” would simply not be there. This “phantom activity” occurred several times, sometimes on the right, sometimes to my left; but during one specific and pivotal instance, something astonishing happened. As I tried to view the movement, I suddenly found myself surrounded by activity which seemed to be unbelievably dynamic. And when I say “surrounded”, well…it was more than this. The activity was around me, above me, below me, THROUGH me. I found myself stunned that I could even breathe as this tumult continued. It was ultra-dynamic, but also gently flowing as if comprised of gossamer – and not “real” in a physical sense at all.

At times, I thought I could [in my mind’s eye] “see” specific movement. At some point, it occurred to me that the collective activity itself was not necessarily a “single” event but COULD be, basically, a homogeny of many, even countless events co-existing, yet not interfering, with each other. In other words, could it be that this event was some sort of imagery offered to my waking conscious Self by my inner Self, a demonstration of how everything COULD exist in a “simultaneous” yet ordered manner? I decided to try and focus on a single scenario and, after a bit of effort, I “realized” that the more I focused – the more “substance” a perceptibly single scenario acquired, or reflected.

I “saw” a man; he was standing on a sidewalk in what appeared to be a cityscape such as New York or Chicago. He wore comically baggy pants, and the suit he wore was both wrinkled and threadbare. He was also wearing a nourish kind of hat. There was the usual bustling activity of people hurriedly walking; each Individual playing out their own uniqueness. The clothing worn by these folks was, seemingly, nineteen-fortyish in styling, and the automobiles were also “vintage” in nature. This encounter was as crystal-clear as ANY waking experience I have enjoyed over the years and, although I wished for this adventure to continue unabated ad infinitum, the “visioning” eventually began to blur and I found myself, once again, comfortably sitting in my chair in the quiet of my sanctum.

Interestingly, during this experience I never lost track of where I was, what I was doing or who I was/am. In other words, although I found myself viewing an apparently “separate” scenario, a unique dynamic apart from “me” sitting in my chair, I was quite aware of my Being in my sanctum as well as my Being in another totally unique dynamic – simultaneously - without any disorientation whatsoever. And after things had a chance to settle down a bit, an overwhelming sense of Joy embraced me.

Like I said, my friend, for what it’s worth.

"For me we have be re-born times and times again, sometimes when I look at the mirror it looks like I have some physical traits left from my previous bodies. However even though some religions come close to the "truth" it never gets there because it is manipulated to make the person who believes in it better. e.g. "God's on our side!"

In all honesty, Foreshadower99, I believe that religions basically have quite a bit of “truth” sprinkled throughout their passages. But it’s the “politicization” of religion which, to me, results in most (if not all) of the difficulties encountered by Individuals. For me, it’s the “goals” of politics and the “greed” of individual practitioners of whatever religious discipline is being manipulated for short term gain that puts that bitter distaste in my mouth – and not the religious beliefs themselves. Again, such is Individuality and the chosen games played. Religions, generally speaking, seem to carry messages of both peace and love. Perhaps this is one of those cases where the "messenger" should be shot. lol.

“But that just again limiting your beliefs and views, being sceptical about everything actually degrades your life force. Im not saying eat every rubbish thrown at you but only get a taste of what could be going on. To be honest what is there to be sceptical about? We are powerful we should fear nothing therefore we should not let our selves be used like most people are today. Some things are better learned from a book, but most things are better learned from experiencing and that's what our souls/spirits/energy whatever you call it is doing. Even though we raise ourselves to do specific things we learn from our mistakes and things we repeat."

"Although I have no clue how we are going to accumulate it.”

Agreed. I have found that an open mind tends to allow for “fertile ground” which can, and usually does, result in growth. On the other hand, a mind closed to the possibilities and probabilities of existence tends to, eventually, feed upon itself.

“Currently it's mid-night here so good night!
I expect to see more from you because you seem to openly share your knowledge.”

Well, although I appreciate both your kindness and your use of the term “knowledge”, I view it as simply sharing my take on my experience…and nothing more than that. For me Foreshadower99 (and to, basically, repeat an opening caveat), even though a given tactic or strategy that I use when exploring my reality may seem to work for me, it may be that those very same strategies are not only ineffective when applied by others, but it may be that these interactive tactics are even inappropriate for some. And, once again my friend, it always seems to return “home”, doesn't it?…home to the Individual.

My sincerest Thank You for sharing your insight with me Foreshadow99; and for providing the opportunity for me to reciprocate.

All My Very Best To You And Your Family.

Mindpeace

edit on 17-4-2011 by Mindpeace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join