It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero grapples with killer gunman on nuclear sub: Councillor fells sailor who shot one officer dead a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hero grapples with killer gunman on nuclear sub: Councillor fells sailor who shot one officer dead and wounded another

www.dailymail.co.uk

Mayor and Southampton City Council chief exec on board during tragedy
Royal Navy serviceman arrested for shooting of two colleagues
Defence Secretary Liam Fox 'greatly saddened' by 'tragic incident'

A deadly gun rampage on a nuclear submarine ended when the killer was overpowered by a council leader visiting the vessel.

Royston Smith was in the control room with fellow dignitaries when the renegade sailor opened fire with an assault rifle, killing one officer and seriously wounding another.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow! HMS Astute, a £1.2billion attack submarine, this is crazy, There is a video about it at the bottom of the page. This man used an SA80 started shooting people and thank this guy for taken him down. A guy appeared in his gear,’ he said. ‘He had all his body armour and camo on and was carrying a weapon, not a handgun, an SA80.

‘The first two shots I heard, I didn’t see. Three and four were reasonably close. Fortunately most people were out of the way.

‘He was stood in the doorway. I was about five yards away. I didn’t think about it but took a decision that if I didn’t stop him I might get hit or other people might get hit.

‘I just charged at him, and pushed him against the wall. I got hold of his weapon and had a tussle.’

Mr Smith, who served in the RAF as a mechanic, said the gunman made no noise during the struggle.

‘I was shouting a bit. That wasn’t successful so I threw him, charged him against the other wall,’ he added. ‘I managed to pull the rifle away from him.

‘In the first tussle he let off shot number five. I felt something but it didn’t hurt. There were about five or six shots in total.

‘I took the gun and threw it to my left under a table out of his reach.’

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I suspect that the official story and what really happened are two different things and we'll never know eh. With so many possiblities to which team planted the bombs in the fault lines, say, at Japans end, and HAARP directed to the nuclear facility,and thats only that corner of the world, we'll never know what the real mission of that sub was. For all we know, that man was trying to stop evil henchmen from kiling thousands of innocents, or harming the world, his conscience might have flipped. We'll never know the real story, thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
HMS Astute...is this the same Brit sub that got stuck im mud on her maiden voyage? Then the captain was relieved/fired? Wow, maybe this sub is cursed!
edit on 9-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Good for officer, He's got some bigone's on him.
And to think crazies like this gunman can have the bomb button within in his reach.
Lucky they stopped him in time, who knows what would have happened if he got to take the sub for a joy

edit on 9-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

why does everything have to be about haarp?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

wow. sleeper cell? thats pretty crazy stuff. "your not safe anywhere now"

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
reply to post by Unity_99

why does everything have to be about haarp?

Exactly.
I hate this site some times

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I wonder what the story is with this one. More inclined to think this is someone going postal rather than some sleeper agent to be honest though. You'd think a foreign sleeper cell would have been able to cause more damage than this badly hatched plan, if it was one.

new topics

top topics

join