It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared of arachnids? Their Venom can cure. Check this out !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I bet most of you didnt know this?
I think its an amazing marvel of nature.

A little about me and arachnids.....
I have been collecting arachnids since I was 4years old. I now have over 800 arachnids and 30 species in my home. So I know a little

I have held my most toxic spiders knowing what it can cause. They can cause paralisis in the bitten area and bleeding in strange places. Heres a link to that: www.arachnoboards.com...
I have also heard verry strange stories from local breeders of tarantula bites

I have also scorpions that can drop a 6' tall man in seconds.
1) Death stalker, Leiurus quinquestriatus
2) Yellow Fat-tailed scorpion, Androctonus australis
3) Black Spitting Thicktail Scorpion, Parabuthus transvaalicus

Im in love with all nature really, mammals, birds, reptilians, arachnids, plants and bugs !!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

So, still scared of these 8 legged bugs?
Lets look at what their Venom can also do for us...

Heres a species most should know, Recluse Spider -Loxosceles reclusa.

Its venom can cause:

The brown recluse bears a potentially deadly hemotoxic venom. Most bites are minor with no necrosis. However, a small number of clinically-diagnosed brown recluse bites do produce severe dermonecrotic lesions (i.e., necrosis)

Can its Bite Reverses Paralysis?

After being in a wheelchair for 21 years after an almost fatal motorcycle crash, the ex-dancer and boxer is back on his feet. When a black recluse spider bit him in the leg, the man was admitted to the hospital and treated for the venomous bite, when a nurse noticed a twitch in his leg. Evidently, the nerves were just asleep, and needed to be awakened. Now the ex-paraplegic is slowly up and walking on his own two feet again.

Will brown recluse spider venom be the next nerve waking cure?

I think that would be amazing.

Link:www.sodahead.com...
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now heres on that I think thats cool. The worlds deadliest spider is going to be used for medical issues?

This spider is verry large and verry fast. Some people collect these deadlies...

The Brazilian wandering spider (Phoneutria nigriventer) or also called the banana spider because they sneak on bananas shiping over seas.

Affects of the venom:

On top of severe pain, a single bite from this eight-legged foe can cause you to lose control of your muscles—and if it’s not treated, the bite can screw up your ability to breathe so much so that you slowly die of oxygen deprivation.With a sip of the anti-venom, though, you’d recover in a week. And truth be told, only 10 people out of 7,000 are known to have actually died from a bite.

Beware for the mature...
Scientists Say: Let’s Cure Erectile Dysfunction With Spider Venom!

Spiders are things most people want to keep far, far apart. Until now. New research suggests that the venom of one aggressive arachnid could be used in future treatments for erectile dysfunction (that is, if it doesn’t kill you first).

...this spider toxin could wind up on drug store shelves and bedroom across the nation...

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really love spiders, or anything aggressive and toxic!

Any thoughts on this that you will like to add?
Or other info on venomous creatures that can help man?

Thanx for reading, VV.6

edit on 8-4-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Very interesting. They do creep me out, but it would be amazing if they could use the venom to cure paralysis. I'd let one bite me for super powers...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Interesting post, I think they were looking at doing things with pufferfish/fugu venom too. Still you never have to fear me visiting your house, spiders are so creepy with all their eyes and legs bleh!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow pretty cool.
I was doing yard work yesterday and I picked up a wolf spider with a leg span as big as my palm to show my dad.
So no I'm not really freaked by spiders as long as I know they can't hurt me same goes for snakes.
I'm only freaked if I know the animal can actually harm me and I know that most spiders and snakes are harmless here in the states.
I' m only really bothered by things like wasps yellow jackets and hornets I try not to judge nature but they can be really nasty.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Wow pretty cool.
I was doing yard work yesterday and I picked up a wolf spider with a leg span as big as my palm to show my dad.
So no I'm not really freaked by spiders as long as I know they can't hurt me same goes for snakes.
I'm only freaked if I know the animal can actually harm me and I know that most spiders and snakes are harmless here in the states.
I' m only really bothered by things like wasps yellow jackets and hornets I try not to judge nature but they can be really nasty.

Bees and wasps dont really "bug"
me, as long as I know they at a distance from me or my family

Then me and them are gooood

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Cool post

I was once bitten by a brown recluse, not fun.
Recently I've been looking around trying to find info on long term problems caused by brown recluse bites. Have you came across anything having to do with that....if so, I'd love some info on it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
man i love spiders,i always protect them when someone tries to kill em,their so cool,i even owned tarantulas and held them, i love reptiles as well,i like exotics

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
""I really love spiders, or anything aggressive and toxic!

Any thoughts on this that you will like to add?
Or other info on venomous creatures that can help man?""

You would really love the "Barrious Seotorious" spider then. He is sometimes called "The President Spider" by people who don't know the truth about him...

and no, this spider cannot help Mankind......but it can destroy it....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Cool post

I was once bitten by a brown recluse, not fun.
Recently I've been looking around trying to find info on long term problems caused by brown recluse bites. Have you came across anything having to do with that....if so, I'd love some info on it.

I havent heard any thing about that, but I know a bunch of dudes that have been bit. I will ask them right now and see what they will say, n I'll post their side affects here for you... is that cool, let me know if it is?

Or if you want official medical docu's about the long term affects... I can try to find those, too.?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I cant find that spider... I know that spanish word though, neighborhood!

A link or some info with a pic would help me on this species

link   
Did you ever try and offer scorpion venom,to someone with MS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A doctor at Irvine University found that Sea anemone ,and scorpion venom eliminated all symptoms
of MS in experimental animals that had a form of MS.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Activated autoreactive TEM cells probably contribute to MS by migrating to inflamed tissues where they secrete interferon γ and tumor necrosis factor α. In keeping with this idea, adoptive transfer of Kv1.3high rat memory T cells into naïve recipients Selective targeting of these disease-causing cells with Kv1.3 channel blockers prevents and reverses EAE in this rat model , and no side-effects are observed despite the expression of Kv1.3 channels in the brain, arteries , bladder and epithelia . Together, these findings lead to the prediction that Kv1.3 channel blockers will ameliorate symptoms of MS and other autoimmune disorders mediated by TEM cells in humans.

I believe the discovery of this cure for MS goes back to 2003 so it appears to be a conspiracy to keep this
safe treatment off the market.
edit on 8-4-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

link   
That would be awesome, thanks

In the arm that I was bit on I occasionally am still getting numbness, my bit was way back in 1999. Dr's have done nerve studies and the results are showing like I have some nerve damage still. I also get headaches, swollen achy joints, transient ischemic attacks, chronic fatigue. I test negative for everything except Lyme disease I am a partial positive. It would be interesting to see if others have the same problems years after a bite.

edit on 8-4-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Interesting info

Are any further studies being done on the reverse paralysis?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes and this is true of venomous snakes as well , I am the wildlife curator of the Elapid Education and Awarness Group here in Australia .We do travelling educational shows and medicle conventions .While maintaining a collection of the worlds most venomous are rarest snakes in the world .
Good post educating the public is not easy.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Interesting info

Are any further studies being done on the reverse paralysis?

To be honest, if there was that would be out of my field. Im sorry.
I only know this because Im an arachno dude lol and thought I should share !

If this does work for them I know that species of spider would get more valuable and probably more scarce, since they are so common maybe not??

I had a friend that was in a wheelchair for life from paralysis and he had a cool little pitbull that pulled him every where lol I wounder now what if we did have an able to reverse it for my bud?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Did you ever try and offer scorpion venom,to someone with MS?

I dont think that would be safe, as Im not a doctor or a profesional to do something like that. But it does suck that they would with hold this from people in need for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I also get headaches, swollen achy joints, transient ischemic attacks, chronic fatigue.

I got bit by a baby rattler in riverside, and after I was told to take antibiotics but for got on some days and I got stiff joints with week ancles and I fell.

Now Im not saying thats whats going on with you just putting it out there. lol

It took the hospital 2 days to get the anti venom man I was in pain. and the thing only scratched me with one fang because of my quick reactions but as Ive said before I wasnt quick enuff

Still trying to get ahold of my buddies for ya.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Heres another thing on cures from arachnids: a death stalker- Leiurus quinquestriatus. One of the worlds deadlies. Can drop a grown man with just a pindrop of its venom-toxins

link:en.wikipedia.org...

How they can help man?
Radioactive scorpion venom deemed safe cancer treatment

Scientists say they have helped establish the safety of a bizarre new treatment for an aggressive, essentially incurable cancer called high-grade brain glioma. More than 17,000 cases are diagnosed in the United States every year.

The treatment is based on findings that the venom in the yellow Israeli scorpion contains a molecule that attaches itself selectively to the tumor cells.

www.world-science.net...

I wounder how many other deadlies or hots out there can cure the incurables?
And if there is, are they being put out slowly or small doses for profit?

Let me know guys what you think?

add
edit on 8-4-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Heres me holding an unknown species of scorpion found in africa

I cant upload my other toxic deadlies

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Another excellent thread. It just goes to show how we have to value and protect nature even when we are frightened and perceive a threat at times. Like with sharks, which we have been butchering without much thought or care because they are big scary predators. But aside from their value to the ecosystem, it turns out they hold many secrets that could help advance medicine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join