It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entertainment - that isn't entertaining - should I send them a bill... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My Cable Company charges me about 60$ every month so I can watch Commericals and shows that I dont like because there is nothing on and I watch the news so I can get my daily Brain Wash. what do you guys think about sending them a bill for wasting your time - say Minimum Wage for the time you spent watching their crap. and make sure you log the shows you really like and make the necessary adjustments. ever how far and few between.

edit on 8-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
haaa... your daily dose of brainwashing and manipulation is right.. totally right .. it isnt tv anymore .. the commercials are way out of line ... every single one of em demoralizes humans, embarrasses them .. it is pretty bad when i am by myself and i cant even handle the embarrassment that commercials have in them ..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
sick of it as well

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Cancel it! They will feel this more, then hook your pc up to your tv.

Hey, do antennas work anymore?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

I agree, cancel it. As soon as my DirecTV contract is up, I'm dropping that and getting Roku.

Already have Netflix Instant viewing I can watch online or on my Xbox, and when get rid of satellite will also be getting a Hulu Plus account - $9 for netflix, $9 for Hulu - video on demand with a selection for me to choose from, plus some other free content on Roku (on-time charge of $60 or so)...

Yeah, definitely dropping the $80 satellite that gives me several hundred channels I never watch.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

That's what I did! Got rid of my cable about a year and a half ago. Now I've got a
nice big tv/computer monitor. I've got it hooked up in my living room so I can
watch movies/documentaries that I want to watch. I do my own
programming. I can't hardly stand to be around television anymore. It's nothing
but fear and low frequency,low energy garbage. Poison, really.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They would certainly get a good laugh out of it if you sent them a bill. It's not like they are forcing you to pay for their service or forcing you to watch programs. That's kind of like sending the state road department a bill because you've decided the roads don't lead to anywhere you want to go. Hey, we could keep this going! Send the phone company a bill because you don't want to call any numbers! You could make a pretty good income out of all this.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I think receiving 1,000's of invoices will make more sense to management.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That would be hilarious. Got my internet and phone from Comcast last year and the lady was pushing me for the triple deal. I told her No and finally after she asked for the fourth time in about 4 minutes minutes I sad "Look I'm just going to download everything I want to viddy of a file sharing site so............" A year later I have a nice 4TB collection of everything from books to movies.

Sorry Comcast I'm not paying for garbage. What do I look like a recycling plant?

That is all

Trowa

edit on 8/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think you are absolutely right - maybe we should examine this bill the sheep thats only getting goat chow.
but they keep every thing one on one dont they - when we get 10's of thousands then things start getting screwed up.... Is it moral to clog the system with compensation claims.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Get rid of cable TV. I literally cut the cord a month ago, and my life gets better every day because of it.

You can now use the internet for entertainment exclusively, plus you won't have all of that crappy "murder" programming stuffed down your throat, or the MSM telling you how to think and feel.

You will learn to be at peace with quiet and your own thoughts. Trust me.

Your stress levels will decrease too.
----->

edit on 8-4-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join