It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presenting the First Chinese Aircraft Carrier

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As we just saw near Japan

one LITTLE dirty bomb over head or near by and the whole fleet will become an irradiated death trap
so I think navies are old school

so in any roughly even contest between nations
Like the other guy actually has WMD or even heaven forbid ..a navey

I doubt anyones carriers will last very long

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Setting your overactive imagination aside, Sorry I'd have to disagree

Although I agree the Chinese are new to Carrier tactics [This being their first] and their Navy being amateurs [No real combat experience or history to speak of] I don't believe they'd be THAT inept and allow something to get close enough to release a "Low Yield" dirty bomb.

I'm sure their screening vessels and early warning detection systems would detect any incoming flying craft or a small naval craft LONG before it reached their ships.
edit on 12-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Maybe if you pulled your head out of your arse and take half a second to read "British Columbia" under my avatar, you might realize that I am not Russian but Canadian (and I feel sorry for you if you think my ATS username is my actual name). My opinions are not based on Russian nationalism; I'm barely even accepted as a Canadian nationalist. Did we not go over this before? Why people give you stars for ranting about my "Russian nationalism" is beyond me, considering there's nothing Russian about me.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And one more key point many have missed regarding the U.S. military vs. russia or china, and that is combat experience.

Operational experience, logistical management and certainly some combat experience but comparing the combat experience you gain battling insurgents to that you would need against a first world military is in my opinion wrong. In fact i think what American troops and all levels of command are having to learn are for the most part not beneficial if not the wrong lessons entirely. One must train as you will fight and retraining for counter insurgency combat will not contribute greatly to the combat environments of Central Europe. Admittedly Russian and Chinese troops are not gaining operational or even limited combat experience so i will not claim that experience is bad as that it may not be worth 'training' your armed forces at this sort of cost to the national treasury. I would much rather have the half a trillion and more dollars in equipment, that the occupation of Iraq/Afghanistan has so far cost the US, than lose a hundred thousand men disabled or killed( to say nothing of the exhaustion&stress created in the ground forces in general) for the type of imperial project that in my opinion weakens America's capacity to wage any potential large scale conflict.

While the russian and chinese militaries have been doing basically nothing for many years, the U.S. military has accumulated a decade of combat experience. In fact, one could almost say a generation of combat experience. The individual soldiers may come and go, but many of the NCO's and officers with all that experience are still in the military.

And many have seen enough to want to get out as soon as possible. Ask any long serving member if they enjoy these repeated tours in those countries? Ask the national guardsmen/women? How many of the 2 million and more men and women who have served in those two countries found the experience beneficial to their life in general and how did it influence recruitment? Why did the Pentagon feel compelled to implement all the stop-gap measures that kept hundreds of thousands of service members in combat areas much longer than they were supposed to be and what did it do to their lives? I want to give you a long list of articles you should read but i will rather try to find something comprehensive.

Fact is constant patrols ( it's not combat but the stress and wear on equipment and people is still very high) for more than half a decade takes it's toll and i think you will be surprised to find out how much these occupations have degraded the material and manpower availability in just those few years. Remember the gulf war cost the US more than half a million casualties in the decade after.... How long can the empire keep this up without doing the same type of damage that it did to itself in Vietnam? Do you even know what Vietnam did to the US armed forces?

Stellar

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
So China isnt allowed to have aircraft carriers because the americans do?

Sorry Americans stop being such big whiny babies. Your time is over.

really? it looks like your time has been over.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I doubt anyones carriers will last very long

Seconded and starred for truth.

If we have another large-scale war between superpowers, it won't be like WW2. Technology will likely be used that won't even be reported on MSM, just like you never hear about special ops missions.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

they are getting ready for the battle of Gog and Magog

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but the ex-Varyag is currently out on sea trials. She is up and running and ready for business.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

No surprise here, they have all of our military patents. Stealth fighters and now super carriers. Our Government has been committing treason in broad daylight and these are the types of things to show for it...

How does it feel to know you lost you paid for this technology to made for our Military then you lost your job so the Chinese could have it?

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And how do you think America got some of the technology it had in the past? Where do you think those advancements came from?
German Nazi scientists and engineers.

At the end of the day, China building up it's military is a good thing for Americans. It will probably push their leaders into taking things seriously again, and start creating jobs with orders for defence firms, and maybe even diversifying job creation and revitalizing the American economy.

There is nothing like a physical enemy to motivate a country.
For twenty years now the USA has stagnated. Coincidence that it's all been since the end of the Cold War and collapse of the USSR? I don't think so.

I hope the Americans get their # together, because while the Americans do employ double standards and we all often disagree with their foreign policies, I really hate to imagine what an authoritarian dictatorial country like China would be like as the worlds leading power. At the very least the European Union should sort it self out properly..combined, the EU economy is bigger then Americas.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
New thread title:

Presenting the Last Chinese Aircraft Carrier

Reason: The russians don't have any more aircraft carriers to give to or sell to the chinese.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Possibly. However, they have been attempting to design their own super carrier for about 5 years now.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just thought I would bring this topic back to life - it appears the Chinese have now successfully landed a J-15 fighter jet on their aircraft carrier.

www.ft.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
She's back on the move:

news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
May I ask why, when another country buys a carrier (or builds one), there is immediate comparison between the US firepower with it? Did China declare war on the US?

Is it the small __ syndrome at work?

Kind of like how a kid with all the nice toys sees another kid buy something not as nice and makes fun of him for it.

Seriously, what's the big deal about 1 carrier?

edit on 12-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Okay, so the country which, historically, has sucked at naval battles due to lack of experienced crews now has a new ship? Is the crew green?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join