It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN - whats wrong with it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Definitely agree with you on that one Relentless. I don't think any gov't out there has the b***s to do anything any more. Unless of course they are all in agreement with the total destruction of this planet. Sure seems that way. Lots of hidden agendas, power mongers and the rich keep getting richer. I am just a working class slave, given a little something to keep me happy and productive.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What I don't think most of you understand is democracies cannot be installed. They have to be fought and earned.

If we simply kicked out all the communists all hope of human rights would be gone. The U.N would simply be another N.A.T.O if only democracies were allowed to join.

The U.N was originally set up just as an area for representatives of countries could get together and talk.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here is something wrong for you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Perhaps, SpittinCobra, you should be mad at the U.S not the U.N. It wasn't the U.N's fault the U.S gave away some land.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Powers? What powers do the UN have? They are simply a council of advisors helping make peace. They can't make us do or not do anything..

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wherever humans are in charge of anything there will be corruption. The UN of course is no acception. At least there is a forum for countries to resolve things peacefully. The US ignoring the UN over Iraq sure didn't help it's credibility.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yah its sad how bush rushed into things. We lost lives in this pointless war, and so did the opposition. Who are we to rush in there and shut sadam down? It is none of our buisness what they do there, its there land and anyone living on that land should have to fallow there rules. However dumb they may sound.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
How about the fact they put nations like Syria and Libya in charge of their Human Rights Department!!!!!
Does that spell out any good intentions to anyone?

The food for oil scandal that's continually turning up corruption.

As someone pointed out, UNESCO is setting up curricula that OUR children will be TAUGHT!!! And believe me, it's NOT about our nation of constitution.

The UN charter contains no checks and balances and is set up so that it can just grow and grow. It contains no insurance for the rights of all humans. (they will protect our rights, until it conflicts with the UN's agenda)

Those in charge are elitists to the core and really don't give a flying ____ about any of the suffering going on around anywhere.

Need more reasons????

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What's wrong w/ the UN? For starters, they let Nazis like Kurt Waldheim be the General Secretary of the UN.. Sorry, I'm not really interested in belonging to any organization run by Nazis..

How fitting..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join