It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't anybody digging in Nova Scotia Money Pit?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I know this has been posted to death on this site but my question is not what is in this tomb, but why doesn't there seem to be enough interest generated for the mystery to be solved?
Besides the obvious answers such as loss of life and the water issue, why hasn't an archeological team been sent to the site to resolve this tomb, treasure, mystery once and for all.
There are ways around the water problem such as dams or even capping the hole and forcing air pressure in enough to dig. I just seems this site has been left out in left field while other areas around the world are being excavated. And it already is known there is some sort of historical significance by the treasure already found and pictures taken of bodies entombed close by.
I just don't get why nothing is being done!?!
edit on 4/7/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Because it's a money pit.

I don't know call me crazy but I'd rather keep my money rather than wasting it on something that may very well bear nothing

That is all

Trowa
edit on 7/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I heard that the rights to dig there were (or will soon be) revoked. I think i saw that on history channel.

There is something amazing down there.

Of course, if they ever did find anything good down there, we would never know

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Companies all over the world set up grants for archeological digs based on historical evidence, not conclusive fact.
I just don't understand why nobody seems to be interested in this particular area. Evidence has already been found that there is a network of tunnels under this site, but still nothing.
I just seems to easy to say it's just about the money anymore. This is why I placed this in the conspiracy section.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I have no clue what story you are talking about.
How about a link to it to bring me up to speed??
If you could be a bit more clear on exactly what you are talking about then your thread might do better.

Thanks for the links.
edit on 7-4-2011 by DrumsRfun because: I love endangered species....they taste GREAT!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Well.. There's currently nobody who have a permit to dig there.

Oak Island Treasure

The treasure hunters were informed yesterday that they will be granted the necessary paperwork which will allow them to continue their search. However this licence will only allow them to resume their exploration until 31st December 2010. After this date, the Nova Scotian Department of Natural Resources/Tourism, Culture and Heritage will impose the new Oak Island Act, details of which have yet to be announced.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Active Mind

There are many, many others also!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Sorry guys, but the money pit is located at Oak Island Nova Scoita Canada,,and not newfoundland,,,I am from nfld and if it were here,,I would be out digging or exploring ,,,My thoughts are ,, the money pit was constructed at a time when the sea level was at least 200 to 250 feet lower, and the builders knew that the water level was rising and incorporated it in there design ..Nice Catch though...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I know this has been posted to death on this site but my question is not what is in this tomb, but why doesn't there seem to be enough interest generated for the mystery to be solved?
Besides the obvious answers such as loss of life and the water issue, why hasn't an archeological team been sent to the site to resolve this tomb, treasure, mystery once and for all.
There are ways around the water problem such as dams or even capping the hole and forcing air pressure in enough to dig. I just seems this site has been left out in left field while other areas around the world are being excavated. And it already is known there is some sort of historical significance by the treasure already found and pictures taken of bodies entombed close by.
I just don't get why nothing is being done!?!

If you are talking about Oak Island, it's because it's in Nova Scotia and not Newfoundland.

Is there another one in Newfoundland?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Trowa is right. If you've read descriptions of the site you will know that is has lots of things going against it. First, it's remote. There's no infrastructure. You have to bring your own. Secondly, it's terribly difficult from an engineering perspective. You're not going to take a shovel and a bucket up there and accomplish anything. Basically you would need heavy-duty marine salvage equipment with multiple derricks and cranes, plus the ability to make caissons like they do for large bridge footings, e.g. Golden Gate or Narrows. That stuff doesn't come cheap. You couldn't do it for less than several million dollars. Weigh that against the possibility that there is absolutely nothing there and you see the issue. If you could interest Paul Allen or Bill Gates to do it, that would be great, but no one else really has the resources to piss away that much money with no guarantee of any retturn at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah I have thought this too. I was just making a bad joke .....kinda. I don't know much about this besides a doc I watched on the History channel. I bet there's something down there but what I have no idea. I think I'm going to look into this a shred. Thanks

That is all

Trowa
edit on 7/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Nova Scotia is right is right, title changed! Thanx

The web lists it in Newfoundland also, I couldn't remember either way.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It is an extremely difficult site to dig. Periodically as they dig down, there are channels that have been dug and lead under the island to the ocean. When you hit one of these channels, they flood the pit.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nice topic

I live in Nova Scotia, and looked up the pit before....not on land anyone is alowed to pick through lol.

I had also read alot of Knight Templar info, and about the founding of Canada/Montreal. Its an interesting read if you dig down. The pit is one of the rumored resting places of some of thier looted treasure from the Crusades ect...little solid proof for the hole but they were here bout that time period ect.

Interesting enough, I live in the Valley here and some of the eariest habitations and foundations can still be found here, some on private land un checked.

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
When they tried to dam the site they saw remnants of the original dam used for constructing this 'thing'. Doing this again would eliminate some water problems caused by the flooding in from the channels found on the beaches. Now the only problem would be the water table and how to keep that in check. By forcing pressure in the water could be pushed out a bit or at least minimized, this accompanied by pumps should do the trick.

Other dig sites all over the world get grants for anything from finding Atlantis to recovering WW airplanes trapped in ice. I just don't understand why they stay clear of this area when it is known something is in there.

Some one should call Geraldo Rivera!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

edit on 7-4-2011 by highfreq because: correcting image

Oak Island
edit on 7-4-2011 by highfreq because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why am I unable to find any pictures online of this massively deep pit aside from a little hole covered in grass?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Because that's it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

lame.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
I heard that the rights to dig there were (or will soon be) revoked. I think i saw that on history channel.

There is something amazing down there.

Of course, if they ever did find anything good down there, we would never know

Back in June 2010 I sent an e-mail to Jo Atherton at Oakislandtreasure.com asking why they didn't just dig the entire island up and get it over with (I asked dumbass Hawass a similar question about the pyramids but got no reply) and it appears they were again given permission to dig in July 2010 but fear of flooding was slowing them down. Jo said my solution had come to mind at times but they were not ready to go down that road yet.
Anyway, there were two links in the e-mail if anyone is interested....
groups.google.com...
www.facebook.com...#!/pages/Oak-Island-Treasure/72996521324

top topics

<<   2 >>

join