It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find superbugs in Delhi drinking water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, what can you expect by the most unsanitary people in the world? A breeding ground for superbugs thats what.

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - A gene that makes bugs highly resistant to almost all known antibiotics has been found in bacteria in water supplies in New Delhi used by local people for drinking, washing and cooking, scientists said on Thursday.

The NDM 1 gene, which creates what some experts describe as "super superbugs", has spread to germs that cause cholera and dysentery, and is circulating freely in other bacteria in the Indian city capital of 14 million people, the researchers said.

"The inhabitants of New Delhi are continually being exposed to multidrug-resistant and NDM 1-positive bacteria", said Mark Toleman of Britain's Cardiff University School of Medicine, who published the findings in a study on Thursday.

A "substantial number" of them are consuming such bacteria on a daily basis, he told a briefing in London. "We believe we have discovered a very significant underlying source of NDM 1 in the capital city of India," he said.

Someone needs to teach these people basic hygiene...gross...
These people worship rats for heaven's sake! no wonder they're a bacteria breeding ground...freaking ridiculous.

edit on 7-4-2011 by i am just saying because i wanted to
edit on 7-4-2011 by i am just saying because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Easy for you to say with your shower, bath tub, jacuzzi and swimmingpool. Its all about were your crib stood my friend. Dont talk so arrogant about the poorest people of India, they would choose a more hygienic standard if they had a choice. But I guess you dont understand.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

racist and... ignorant

as a matter of fact it is the Arabs and the Indian that have taught the europeans how to wash their body.

beginning of 2Oth century in most cities of europe the only places to take a bath were... the turkish bath; even in luxury hotels you could not find a room with bathroom; because nobody there was ever washing his body;

Arabs and Indian traveling to Europe were pretty shocked about that.

next, if you had been in the slums you'd be surprise to see how clean and tidy are most of the shelters

the problem is sanitation in another word corruption of the elites that have kept the money meant to developp
the cities and mostofall the villages at independence which has for direct consequence the creation of those delhi/bombay etc slums;

so if you want to teach them something that 'd be collective pragmatism or how to make revolution i say;

alas, the most important fact is that you'd have so much more to learn from them than to teach.
edit on 7-4-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Agreed with ahamarlin & XmikaX.
Nothing more to say..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

Wake up and raise your consciousness my friend. Jesus isn't going to do it for you. You'll have to do it on your own. I believe in you.

Namaste
edit on 7-4-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
Well, what can you expect by the most unsanitary people in the world? A breeding ground for superbugs thats what.

If you notice, the bugs are resistant to antibiotics. It's our over-emphasis on antibiotics, and likely the dumping of the wealthy people of their medication (via feces, urine, and garbage) and other antibacterial agents into the water supply that is the biggest selection pressure creating these. The same thing is happening in western hospitals.

Open your mind to the bigger picture at play here.

Namaste.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They worship rats...
/thread

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
They worship rats...
/thread

You are blind.
/thread