It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother Evicted in New York! The World is Backwards...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hi All,

Can someone move this thread to the appropraite forum - I'm a new poster, long time reader...

My point to make by posting this news item is not so much, poor Grandma... But protesters and next door neighbour arrested as well? How does that work?

Probably a whole other side to the story however, a few points really make me think how this type of action by the authorities CAN involve a whole other aspect... We are all humans and the sad reality is that all of us could be caught up in this situation and it will end up being a situation of Authority versus the people with the scales of justice on the side of Corporations...

We have created a world that is backwards to what the ultimate goal of all the real people of the world represent. I don't live in the US but understand that this could happen in any country... It only has to happen once.

It's about time that we all stand up and say "Hang on a tick!", lets just stop, take a minute, and work out a different way to do things, cause this just ain't working...

Your thoughts?

Link to news item:

www.realnewsreporter.com...

edit on 7/4/2011 by Ashtanic because: Not sure if link is working - Can someone help on this?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashtanic

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

P.S. I fixed your failed youtube link [just cut and paste everthing AFTER the v= bit in the address]

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Pretty sad and Rochester is my old hometown.
In the 50's and 60's it was a really nice place for the most part.
Xerox, Kodak, AC delco, French's. Bausch & Lomb were all headquartered there.
Rochester has lost 20% or more of it's population since then and it's industry is nearly dead.
Another casualty of American foreign trade policies.
I know because my brother still lives there.
I can;t stand to go there and see how bad it's become.
I don't blame anyone for the mass exodus from there.

How can you get evicted while still maintaining the home and the payments?
edit on 7-4-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Thanks OmegaLogos,

Always nice to get a helping hand for the freshman... And thanks for the offer of assitance. Mostly likely will take you up on it.

And thanks for fixing the Youtube link.

Cheers to you.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

So sad to see places that hold memories become a shadow of their former self. My old home town is the same and almost unrecognisable to the way I remember.

As for how does someone get evicted when maintaining payments - Assuming it works the same as in Australia, which it probably does to an extent, because the house was in her husbands name, she would have to purchase the house from him and qualify for the mortgage just like anyone else. I would also think, being a grandmother her income would not be sufficient enough to have the borrowing capacity to do so.

Even though she has the money to bring back the arrears the mortgagee holder probably see's it as a more economical move to force reposession and sell at a loss. Not giving a damn as to the human cost and emotional strain on all involved. Hence my comment that we have it all backwards.

What I don't understand is how heartless our fellow human beings the police are - Sure they are following orders... If I was in their shoe's I would refuse, hand in my badge and find another job...

join