It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling at home on this planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have never felt at home on this planet - not from my earliest memories, not from growing up and not now.

I can't relate to the cruelty and corruption.

I can't relate to how humans are so selfish, uncaring and destructive of their own species especially, and other species.

I am an empath, so I bleed a lot when others suffer - does this make me an alien?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Either you possess more extraterrestrial genes that are responsible for your increased empathy or you're naturally just a very empathic person. Either of those two.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You know, I have the same problem. My issue is that I just hold the inhabitants in contempt. Oh, by no means am I a judge of any type, I just have my opinion, now jaded, about any "progress" of the people.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

well, i am in the same boat.

I feel too i dont belong here to this place, even to the mandkind, its a long history (since child), The problem seem to be than we are extremely sensitive, very very and we cant digest or tolerate the terrible harm caused for us, our race.

I am still working in that because I do not understand much about us, the selfishness and vain attachments.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I think you'll find that most people feel the same way as yourself

For instance, we found a stray kitten. We're already looking after three grown cats whose owners simply got tired of them and by law, we're only supposed to have two cats. So, we needed to find a home for the kitten. And we discovered there are societies and groups all over the place who devote their time, money and energy into cats' welfare

Eventually, one such group found a foster-carer for the kitten. A man and his wife drove to our place to collect the kitten, but it was very people-shy and despite all our attempts, we couldn't capture it. So the man and his wife drove home -- drove home 80 kilometres away

Later that evening, our daughter came home from work and the kitten went straight to her (she has a way with animals) and we managed to coax it into a pet-container

I phoned the man and his wife to give them the news and said we'd take the kitten to them. They wouldn't hear of it, no matter how much I assured them I wanted to do it

Later that evening, they returned and collected the kitten. They were now facing the drive back to their place, in peak hour traffic. When I tried to express our gratitude, the husband of the pair brushed it aside with a simple,
' It's what we do '

I put $100 in an envelope to go towards the kitten's support, along with its favourite foods and stuck it in the cat-carrier. Then it occured to me that the couple might toss the envelope away without looking inside. I phoned them to remind them to take the money out of the envelope. I was right -- they hadn't looked inside it and said they would most probably have tossed it out

It was then that I heard the sound of young children over the phone line. I asked the couple if they had children and they said yes, they had three, whom they'd left at the mother-in-law's place while they drove to collect the kitten. Then they said they had to get off the phone because they had to prepare dinner, bathe the children etc. and tend to the other six stray animals they were fostering. In addition, they both worked full-time !

So you see, although we all tend to feel deep disappointment and disillusionment with the world and its inhabitants sometimes -- out there are the quiet achievers, the empathetic, caring, hard-working, seeking-no-applause millions who care for the poor, the weak and vulnerable, the homeless, the despairing, etc.

We humans wouldn't have lasted this long without having a lot of decent aspects to us. So don't spend too much time focusing on yourself, OP. Just get in there and prove you're half as good as you like to believe you are

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Zaper!

Hi!

We may be in the same place here!

It is so damn difficult.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Dock,

What a beautiful story - you have lifted my heart - thank you so much, because my heart needed that.

I am now going to rephrase my title to this:

Those of us who care belong on planet Earth.

The abusers are aliens.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

yes my friend, very hard and difficult, there is not much true love in this place named earth.
And i dont know why but i am sure we are from a place of tremendous and unconditional love, thats the reason of our depression, we often feel lost.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Know the feeling.....

Wanna know what really helps me?? Go look at some kids playing......innocence and ignorance, living the moment, play-time is now and now is all that matters. Those kids feel very much at home on this planet with all the pretty trees and flowers, furry creatures and sunshine.

It's the way one chooses to look at the world......What I mean is, the glass is half full or half empty. For every rotten, disgusting, evil thing on this planet there must be an equal and opposite inspirational, heart-warming thing.......or at least, that's what I tell myself.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Well, zap,

People will say we are insane but I don't care.

I agree totally. But I don't get into messages, ok? Just something I don't want to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I know mate,

I always tell myself look at the positives - then you get a zillion negatives in your face.

But look at these peope who have come in with the positives!

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I do not think he focus on him, I really think that he express his thoughts aloud.
We do not know for sure if he is not doing altruistic activities and your statement seems out of context my friend.
I bet he, like me and others who feel this way are cooperating to our community and our environment with the hope of improving. I mean not just animal care ( i have 2 cats and 2 dogs all saved from the street)

Peace

ps. nice history, thanks

edit on 7-4-2011 by zaper because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I always tell myself look at the positives - then you get a zillion negatives in your face.

Look at it this way......Last year a little hedgehog was run over in front of my house. Took the little critter to the vet, fixed 'r up, took care of it for three months and set it free. I never saw one article in the newspaper about this event, no 6 o'clock news, nothing.........yet out of the some 6 billion people living on this planet, I am sure at least 1 billion would have done the same!! (No research on this claim, mere speculation)

So than would it not be the medium providing you with negative information that is actually creating this false sense of not belonging??

Think about it.....1 billion people concerned with the life of one little hedgehog.......that makes me not wanna leave this place just yet.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Thanks, op,

But I feel even worse - because a zillion people care about that little hedgehog, and they don't care about all those people killed and suffering and starving.

So, back to my planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

But I feel even worse - because a zillion people care about that little hedgehog, and they don't care about all those people killed and suffering and starving.

You don't really believe this.....you're just stuck on negative.

It's all about perspective......well that and the fact that ignorance is bliss.

But as an empath you have the obligation too want to generate hope and optimism in the hearts of those around you so get with the program and generate a better world!!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
We don't take kindly to your kind here. Git out of here, ye disgusting beast, go crawl back into your space ghetto!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I have never felt at home on this planet - not from my earliest memories, not from growing up and not now.

I can't relate to the cruelty and corruption.

I can't relate to how humans are so selfish, uncaring and destructive of their own species especially, and other species.

I am an empath, so I bleed a lot when others suffer - does this make me an alien?

No...you're human.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
When we come here we forget everything beyond our current embodiment, and this makes us vulnerable as prey to our weaknesses and especially to fear.

Many of us intentionally place ourselves here where we will be forced to face our weaknesses at their strongest, and many of us cave and give in to fear. Yoda said that fear is the path to the dark side, and that is more completely true in the real world than people people realize.

The people who are not like the rest, "aliens" so to speak, find fundamental personality differences, differences more key and prevalent throughout their being than acceptance or denial or fear. The rest of the people, those who care and don't alike, are all human.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I can't understand the cruelty of some humans, at the moment i am in a real dilemma about reporting a psycho in my village who i saw killing a hedgehog through my window two nights ago, i wasn't near enough to stop him and his cronies but as they were using lamps i saw everyhing they did. I can't get it out of my mind. Trouble is we have recently had an altercation with them when our pet ferret went missing (we only got it back because of a reward)
Now i am scared if i report them they will try to get to my dog or ferrets, They go out every night killing things and no one else in the village bats an eye. I wish i could get him in a cellar or somehow in a place where i could show him what pain feels like. It's eating me up thinking of what the hedgehog went through. Do i make a stand and put my animals at risk or try to blank it out like every one else seems to do so easily. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to stop them killing everything that moves?
edit on 20/6/11 by transubstantiation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And here we have the group collective of ones who cannot appreciate the very soil they stand on, and bicker and complain to hide away from their problems, giving up their responsibility.

This is why the government can get away with as much as it can. Less and less people are taking responsibility now adays. Sure it might feel nice to leave the planet and go to another, but then what once those feelings of infatuation and instant gratification run out? This is what makes ME sick and depressed, the blabber on this forum calling yourselves awake and aware yet giving up your responsibility to easily.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join