It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman shoots back at Lindsey Graham on Youtube

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Link to second video

This video is absolutely amazing she is hitting him hard. I must admit Ann Barnhardt could be a good politician.
But I doubt she would be elect for the simple reason that she has common sense and defends our Constitutional rights.

Everything she points out and elaborates upon is excellent and spot-on. It is a must watch!

P.S. I do not support the burning of the Koran. I just loved how she attacked Sen. Graham.

Edit: I removed the second video because I believe it is too offensive on ATS and I would prefer not to be labeled a bigot. I will just leave the link for anyone to click on.
edit on 4/7/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Edit: I removed the second video

reply to post by Misoir

Here you go

Though I do think this woman may be a Christian that hates Muslims? She has this vibe about her.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Label me a bigot, guys!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

yeah girl..

ya had me at ...

"Hey Jackass"

more people need to speak up like this..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I do have to admit those passages she has read are freaking sick and evil though. I just don’t think burning a book actually does much of anything, rather childish IMO, but I do understand the message she is trying to portray, which is an attempt at angering the Islamists.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It is similar to flag-burning protesters or when they drew Mohammed in a cartoon. However childish the act may be, it should still be allowed as freedom of expression. When things escalate to brutal violence and murder is when the line is drawn though, such as the beheadings of civilians.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Quite of course my friend, we are in agreement.

I think everyone has the right to burn whatever book they want, they just cannot harm private property or any other person(s).

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I like her, she got some cajhuna's, some powerfull stuff, thats a girl with some issue's,

She does talk some sense, she is putting herself out there right in the firing line, as the OP I also think her part two where she lights a fire may just come & bite her, but good luck to her, get ready to see this on the MSM if it goes viral & perhaps some retaliation in the middle east, Will prob get removed but im guessing it will spread fast
edit on 7-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This woman is a brainwashed moron.

'Divinely ordained', what a crock. Probably has a small arsenal of weapons 'just in case' and suspects that there's a muslim sleeper cell in her mid-western town of two dozen people, waiting to just burn the church down and take over.

God, guns and a particular interpretation of the constitution is all she needs! Hooah!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

Though I do think this woman may be a Christian that hates Muslims? She has this vibe about her

What ever give you that idea??

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

As the poster above stated:

"...Divinely Ordained... "
"Evil!"
"Evil!, Evil!"

and her very emotional attitude just reminds me of the religious fanatics that post videos hating on homosexuals and non-whites.

Probably nothing, though.

While I do have disdain for religion in general, she also outright attacks the Islamic faith in the videos instead of attacking the argument at hand about Free-speech.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
She sounds like a person who had enough of the bullcrap. I agree with her about "we need to take a stand".
The only people who would get pissed off over someone burning paper would be the religious nuts.

Any elected official who fails to defend the Constitution should be voted out of office.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

'Divinely ordained', what a crock.

What a crock? She was, of course, speaking of peoples unalienable rights when she said "Divinely ordained". This is what you find to be a crock? That rights are more than just some human invention? This is the crock? That rights are - if given at all, then - given by a Supreme Creator not human? Is this what you find to be a crock?

Look, you do not have to believe in God in order to believe in the natural law phenomenon of unalienable rights. All law is simple, true, universal, and absolute. The rights of people are law, not legislation, but law. If you choose to not believe in a Supreme Creator, this is your right. Not some smarmy privilege granted to you by politicians but your natural law right, or day I say your "Divinely ordained" right, that right being to worship religion according to the dictates of your own conscience. However, if you are so foolish in your disbelief of God, that you would dismiss her assertion of natural law, and her clarification that the enumerated right in the Constitution she speaks of is not a granted right by any human, but is instead "Divinely ordained", then this is something else altogether. Far too many people in this day and age are too insistent on diminishing unalienable rights as being "civil rights", which are legal rights, and legal rights are granted rights. What can be granted can be taken away. Either you understand this or you don't. Either way, that's a crock!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Divine:

of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being.

Natural:

existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial): a natural bridge.

Saying that "God" gave us these rights is different than saying that we all inherently have these rights through nature.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I am not going to get into a religious debate in this thread, nor will I tolerate any pretensions of ignorance about the Christian faith. In America, it is fairly well known that Christians equate God with Nature, so your game of semantics becomes instantly suspect.

I made it perfectly clear in my initial post in this thread that one does not have to believe in God in order to understand that unalienable rights are a part of natural law. I am not preaching religion, I am questioning the intent of that poster you are supporting, not once, but twice now, in their assertions that her statement of "Divinely ordained" rights is a crock.

Any one who respects the rights of others knows full well what is meant by "Divinely ordained" and they can very easily be an atheist, yet still have a profound respect for the unalienable rights of all people. Such people do not tend to be sloppy with their words, nor do they dismiss some rights as being less important than other rights. Whatever your, and that other posters agenda is, it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with the support and respect of unalienable rights.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

But you are feeding the fire indirectly. The poster states from a judgemental perspective of the actual motivations behind the video's author through inspection of her use of language. Using the quote "divinely ordained" helps to attribute some form of religious belief to the author of that video. I highly doubt he had any intention of attacking our inalienable rights as human beings, he was attacking the author's agenda.

Plus, any outspoken person that is an atheist would not use words that would attribute some form of religious inner shell, just as a religous person will not convey a lack of faith. I don't care for arguing about religion here.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Divine:
of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being.

Natural:
existing in or formed by nature ( opposed to artificial): a natural bridge.

Saying that "God" gave us these rights is different than saying that we all inherently have these rights through nature.

my take on the phrase Divinely Ordained....is that the person's talking of someone
without 'credentials'.... ordained by the 'Spirit' rather than by studies in a Seminary or formaly
Ordained as an Initiate in a Priesthood or Clergy by a major and tradional religious theology

it means the author considers themself chosen from out of the crowd...
perhaps like a Joan of Arc ?
Divinely Ordained might mean they receive special messages from some Spirit source
or either see or hear things the majority of others do not see or hear.

so 'special' are them that are Divinely Ordained or Divinely Inspired
edit on 7-4-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

You have no rights. They're made up.
edit on 7-4-2011 by dude69 because: yesmind.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

But you are feeding the fire indirectly. The poster states from a judgemental perspective of the actual motivations behind the video's author through inspection of her use of language. Using the quote "divinely ordained" helps to attribute some form of religious belief to the author of that video. I highly doubt he had any intention of attacking our inalienable rights as human beings, he was attacking the author's agenda.

That women used the phrase "Divinely ordained" once, and only once, and that was in regards to the First Amendment rights she was quoting. This is what the other poster finds to be a crock. At best, that poster is guilty of sloppy language, and at worst, that poster is dismissing the idea that rights are not human inventions, but are instead something of a more supreme nature, in the very same way that gravity is, or the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is. Congress may find it perfectly Constitutional to "repeal" gravity, or the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics - certainly there is nothing in the Constitution preventing them from doing so - but it would be as absurd as attempting to repeal the freedom of speech.

Further, among those rights listed in the First Amendment, is the right to exercise religious beliefs, of which that woman is doing, so again, since this is what that poster - the one you are supporting - finds to be a crock, it is highly doubtful that poster has any respect for rights at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Don't mistake Support with Understanding or Contemplation. I agree with everything else though. This is setting the scene for people to argue about human rights by the way.

reply to post by St Udio

That is my perspective aswell, which is why I perceived her use of such a term as perhaps stemming from an underlying religious belief of hers.

reply to post by The Great Day

She may hate it, I like it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos

Though I do think this woman may be a Christian that hates Muslims? She has this vibe about her

What ever give you that idea??

Much hate she has, quality's of Christ practice she must, research the existence of hell she should, hate bacon she must not...

in the second video of her burning pages she mentions the bacon stinks....this is sacrilegious to bacon lovers world wide.
edit on 7-4-2011 by The Great Day because: added yoda speak

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join