It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about cigarettes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was just outside having a cig and remembered a question that used to annoy me and have never really found an answer to, so where better to ask than here on ATS

My question is, why do cigarette filters have those little yellow specks on them when the rest of it is that orange colour? And why dont cigarettes such as menthols and Marlboro Lights have them on their white filters?

Sorry if this wasn't as interesting question as you may have thought but i really want to know.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Never thought about it. Good question.. Wish I had a way to test the paper and see if those spots contain anything..Maybe someone knows....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ToasterOverkill

its meant to resemble the cork tip premium cigarettes that were made many years ago.
the cork tips wouldn't stick to your lip like plain paper ones sometimes did.

From yahoo answers.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Thanks for that, i have read many different theories, just don't know which to believe.

I shall go with this unless something else pops up

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I think it's purely cosmetic.
I also have a ring of tiny holes on my filters, and to my annoyance people who bum cigs from me tell me mine are too weak, and then they bite off the filter at the holes!
Hello, I paid for those holes!
White-tipped ciggies look too clinical for me, and whilst smoking, the last thing I want to think of is a clinic!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Op are you smoking dat dere devil's grass?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
was intersesting to find out what they are..good question op...to me tho,shouldnt worry about little things like that. you should worry about what the cigs contain. I have been smoking for 11 years and I try not to think about it. and i hate those truth commerials. everytime they come on i have to turn the channel. I dont need other people to tell me how dangerous it is. I know what the dangers are. I believe if you choose to smoke,that you already know the risks and know how bad they are but at the same time how good they after after a long day ofr a big meal...I know this doesnt have much to do with the op but just wanted to say its your life and do what you want...Have fun and enjoy because soon enough life isnt going to be very fun for anyone

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

No mate, gave that game up a few years back

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Can not disagree with anything you have said. I choose to smoke, if i want to quit i will, stop trying to force me. If you find it disgusting, don't come near me!

On the packets here in the UK they have warnings and one says "Smoking is highly addictive, don't start"... If i'm buying these cigs, i've already started

Thanks for all the input guys but as i am running late for work (nights, yay!) i must get off.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ToasterOverkill

Lol.. Good question though. I didn't know that.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I knew about the cork filters but see someone has explained that already.

It's what's on the INSIDE of the filters you should be concerned about.

Acetone, plastic and man made rubbish that will kill you as fast as the processed tobacco or the laced and treated paper it's all wrapped up in.

I switched to roll-ups many years ago for cost but also so I limit the crap I put into my lungs. I don't add premade (acotone/plastic) filters but make little paper "roaches". Old habits die hard ..... man.

edit on 6/4/2011 by nerbot because: added stuff

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Top-O-Matic tobacco injector machine - $40
16 ounces of The Good Stuff Natural tobacco - $13
3 cartons of Zen tubes - $7.50

Not supporting big tobacco companies or exorbitant taxes - PRICELESS

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
Top-O-Matic tobacco injector machine - $40
16 ounces of The Good Stuff Natural tobacco - $13
3 cartons of Zen tubes - $7.50

Not supporting big tobacco companies or exorbitant taxes - PRICELESS

LBSS is having free UPS shipping for the month of April.

Natural American Spirit -Offer- Promo Code 42010 expires 06/30/11

Two packs or two pouches (40gm.) for 2.00

Call--their website doesn't work right-- they will send you the free coupon 1-800-435-5515
one offer per person per year, must be 21 They will need your email address for news, offers
--Got mine--

top topics

join