It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US atom smasher may have found new force of nature

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
reply to post by maestromason

I dont know what your problem is, if you are gonna state something, and someones asks you about why dont you answer like everyone else on the site does? trust me if you keep making statements without answers your gonna run into a lot of people like me on here... just saying.

Anyway heres an update for everyone...

'technicolour' force

... Going STRONG STREAM with a full bladder!

let me stop, first off youngman, I just made a statement that involves you doing something to prove something. I do not wish to make an ass out of you, so I am standing my ground unless you have a gripe against science then you can become whatever you want to on ATS. Think what you want, do what you want, oh wait I am sorry that is ONLY in America.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I dont know what your problem is, if you are gonna state something, and someones asks you about why dont you answer like everyone else on the site does? trust me if you keep making statements without answers your gonna run into a lot of people like me on here... just saying.

Anyway heres an update for everyone...

'technicolour' force

... Going STRONG STREAM with a full bladder!

let me stop, first off youngman, I just made a statement that involves you doing something to prove something. I do not wish to make an ass out of you, so I am standing my ground unless you have a gripe against science then you can become whatever you want to on ATS. Think what you want, do what you want, oh wait I am sorry that is ONLY in America.

Regarding your update, the source may be a bit partial being MSM, try INDEPENDENT WHITEPAPERS signed off on directly from the lab next time.
edit on 7-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is happening in 30 minutes, live feed someone please...!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Stop dancing around the subject if you have an answer then say, if you dont then stop boring everyone...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Answer = advanced mathematical computations that require high mental facilities you apparently do not have, nor the formal education, or the experience to perform.

"do the Math!" - such a lovely axiom that my Professor of Physics in college used years ago. I love math, it is the finite model to which all dense cerebrums yield to.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

Answer = advanced mathematical computations that require high mental facilities you apparently do not have, nor the formal education, or the experience to perform.

"do the Math!" - such a lovely axiom that my Professor of Physics in college used years ago. I love math, it is the finite model to which all dense cerebrums yield to.

You're not the first person to come on here claiming superior knowledge without anything to back it up...

And what exactly did you base that on?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

My zipper still remains at high noon.

Oh, here is the real deal I OWN laboratory whitepapers on this EXACT SUBJECT that you only wish you could understand, if you STOP USING MSM and can post up a whitepaper(quantity 1) signed off to YOU by a lead scientist at the LHC, and I can tell you that there are very few physically floating out there if any, and NONE ON THE NET. then I will send to YOU PERSONALLY the whitepapers where the conclusion has been drawn with COMPUTATIONS ON REPORT! signed and dated!

oh & btw... you do not get these from any rag tag, run-of-the-mill MSM internet outlet BS like you just posted, it takes a lot of time to crunch data, you should know that, but then again maybe you do not know this because you have not worked at any scientific facility requiring the processing of raw data.

that is the real deal, I am prepared to go to prison on this bet. Can you put up on this or are you folding and shutting up?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
If it's the Higgs it will be insane. When you measure the subatomics they have no volume. They appear to be only a small packet of energy, yet they behave as if they have mass. It is the Higgs that is thought to give quarks and the like their mass... One needn't ponder long to dream up some major scientific and technological implications.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

The article said "It is not the Higgs-Boson".
It is something else.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

are you still yammering on about stuff with nothing to back up what you are saying...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

it will be something what does not make any diffirence for regular human
im guessing they found some new force strong,weak (at quantum level) i would guess it has something to do with these 2 forces
edit on 7/4/2011 by reassor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the updated link. I'm totally confused about, though. They say it is not related to the Higgs thingie, yet they speak of Technicolour which is dependent on a Higgs model... see why I'm confused?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Interesting. The guys at Fermilab are milking it out before they finally shut down. Hopefully they sneak one last good piece of work in before handing the ball over to their European counterparts. I wonder what this new particle or force does?

As for that one side topic... It's cool to see I'm not quite alone with that idea. I'll try to explain it.

One minute by a black hole ()
One minute by a weak gravity source ()

It's something like that. They're still a minute, the same information is within, but they don't scale the same. The problem is that when you're in the gravity field, you can't tell the time difference. There's a certain limit to energy or velocity (which is still energy - kinetic), and once that's exceeded time compression occurs to store more in the same package. This is the phenomena that clamps the speed of light from every frame of reference. (Yet if light-speed was universally constant, rather than relatively - it wouldn't bend in a gravitational field. Like the light in a black hole, I think that's where the picture got lost.) It gets experienced as gravity in one regard, but it's also kind of hard to picture why it's doing what it's doing. It actually fits into relativity, but things don't gain mass. It turns the idea on its side and things lose time instead. (And because mass=energy at some point, you're boosting energy density per unit time.) Still sounds weird as hell though explaining it that way. (It takes away some of the currently perceived limits, and allows for the same information to be preserved by distributing it differently over time.) What's neat about it is that if you figure a way to reduce your relative mass (without reducing actual mass - think of things like spin and producing an acceleration over an area), you can find some very interesting loopholes. Relativity is one thing, but now what needs some looking into is iterative relativity or the stacking of such phenomena.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If they have found the Higgs boson I wonder if people will reevaluate the investment in the LHC?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

If its so simple why dont you go and do it? you would be bigger than Einstein! you'd make millions and be famous as hell!

I'm not interested in money and I'm not a scientist so I can't prove anything alone.

That is unless you don't know what your talking about, the speed of light isn't a constant its just the speed of light, like the speed of sound, a Tachyon wiki travels faster than light...

What is your point here? Tachyons are hypothetical in special relativity. I like to deal with things we can see and measure rather that fantasy views of the universe and ego's that are stuck in the past preventing progress.

What? since when time have a speed? time is a perception not a physical means.

Time has speed and it changes all over the universe JUST LIKE LIGHT. If I roll a ball across the room in front of you what you will see is the ball enters from the future passes through the present and enters the past. We are locked in the "present state" which is why we are able to see motion and animation because time moves through our reality allowing us to experience 3 dimensions and time itself. If we weren't locked in the present state we would not exist.

Well thank god we have you...

I somewhat resent that because I don't have the type of ego that has held back science for the last few decades. I'm simply trying to portray my own point of view because it has been something I have wondered and studied for decades myself. To me the model makes the most sense but again that's just my opinion.

what? you do realise time is not physical, its not a force and doesn't "flow" around anything

Yes it actually does.. Why do you think scientists say the universe is flat like a piece of paper, yet when you look out into it it's a massive 3d space? Because time flowing through it stretches it's two dimensions into three.

its a perception that we use to identify certain points in "time", the universe changes and we change constantly and we mark these changes as "time" going by... at 9AM the the matter of the universe existed in a certain way at 9:30AM it had changed and existed a different way, we invented time to mark these changes

Using clocks that man has created is not staying in duality with space time. The universe works like a giant sprocket and every inch of the universe can be mathematically calculated into different space times.

I'm not sure I get your thinking behind this, time doesn't flow anywhere and it certainly doesn't flow in a certain direction ie. towards us, why would time in the milky way flow towards us and no-where else?

I guess what I meant was our galaxy is flowing out towards us rather then sucking us in. Magnetism is what keeps us in a locked state of the present with time flowing through us.

If anything the blackness out there that we "see" is the past,

I'm referencing primarily black holes and the center of our galaxy. When you look out into the past "our universe" all those other galaxys may in fact be our galaxy at different stages of time or a number of different galaxys repeating at different stages of time. Remember the universe is flat like a piece of paper but it's also rolled up in a ball with time flowing through it in one direction but it twists and turns like a river that goes west east north and south.

Time is a perception nothing else, its not a force or something physical, you might get the "the speed of sound" "the speed of light" but there is no "speed of time"

I agree to disagree. I think morel visible science shows quite the opposite.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think a few hours of reading threads on QUANTUM THEORY on the ATS forum will prove to satisfy many of the questions I see in this thread. Just perform a search and try your best to digest at least some of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
If they have found the Higgs boson I wonder if people will reevaluate the investment in the LHC?

Jeeez, try reading the whole story before you say that

"The Higgs-boson is a piece that goes into the puzzle that we already have," said Punzi. "Whereas this is something that goes a little bit beyond that -- a new interaction, a new force."

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

what do you mean whoa? These scientists are so slow and stupid. All they do is sit at the computer and look at this data and they can never discover anything. The human brain is still nothing more than a primates brain...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The semantics of this is annoying. To state the obvious: This isn't a "new" force or a "new" anything. The only "new" thing about it is our awareness of its existence. Whenever some human discovers or gathers a glimpse of something that has always existed, it is called "new" though it has been there since the beginning of time.

I hope this bring us closer to the unifying theory of everything, benefits all humankind and all sentient beings, and brings us closer to the end of the universal suffering we all endure, to different degrees, every day.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So.... The Force is real??

Next thing we know, we can start monitoring everyone's Mitichlorian count..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So it was all BS for additional funding? Is that a proper assessment of the 9 page thread?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join