It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US atom smasher may have found new force of nature

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Ooo, something entirely new but not the Higgs-Boson...I wonder if it could help valididate the therories about other dimensions that have been thrown around since the project started up.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
Time = Movement/Velocity

Our whole calendar is made by observing bodies in our solar system.
24hours is the time it takes earth to do a full rotation around its axis. 365days is the time it takes earth do a full rotation around the sun, which gives us a concept of a year. If we wouldn't care to mark these events which happen to us we would have no defined timeline, we would just exist in that moment. There would be no next seconds no previous seconds because there would be no seconds at all.

We humans use motion as time. In no way can time be associated with speed of light.

edit on 7/4/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

This is all my own theory of course but you're thinking of time in human terms based on our sun and our solar system. The entire universe is like a watch with many sprockets and we are just visualizing a second hand rather then the entire mechanism. Our entire universe itself may be like a seconds hand with higher dimensions of time existing. Either way it's all connected. For example sprocket "a" travels at a different speed then sprocket "b" but they are compatible based on the size. Timelines in the universe work much in the same way. The reason we all spin is because of the invisible presence of time's movement that pushes matter into these cyclical movements when time flows around it Or maybe it's not time flowing around it but an electrical current of some type which would make the speed of time the speed of the current.. So I guess where I'm at is the universe is enveloped with EMR (Electromagnetic radiation) and that has to be the battery operating our 3 dimensional world. I may have contradicted myself just now but this topic is a hot one to grasp and my brain just got fried.
edit on 9-4-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I try to explain this time issues I m reading here, but my english isnt good enough maybe, but I try... I have read about this long time ago in some book from Hawking.

So the time is not important, when its not moving, that it also determines, time is moving forward or back. If you watch a replay on TV, the only way you can figure out that the movie is going back is by gravity laws you can see, like ball-dribling for example. Also the other think is what does it means the time is going forward ? If you have glass bottle in your hand and you smash it to wall, what happends ? You have many more glass bottles and from a static object you now have a lot of little "chaotic objects" since its not a bottle anymore, and by moving the time forward the chaos is just bigger. Well I hope it will give some ideas and again sorry for my baaad english.

edit on 10-4-2011 by Zixo1 because: grandma..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That great!
coz' Japan Throw Out 11,500 Tons of Radioactive Water Into The Pacific Ocean!

www.TheAsiaSun.com...
Japan throw away more than 11,500 tons of contaminated water radiation into the Pacific Ocean. This is done to stabilize the Nuclear Power Fukushima Daiichi problematic. The Government of Japan with Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco), nuclear power plant operator, had been struggling to prevent leakage of radiation

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
some comment on topic

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
if true,

so much for the end of physics?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Umm...

What happened to the big announcement???

Anyone hear anything??

Im still waiting on what this new force of nature actually is?????????

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
Umm...

What happened to the big announcement???

Anyone hear anything??

Im still waiting on what this new force of nature actually is?????????

This will be the third time I've said this lol.

www.newscientist.com...

www.tgdaily.com...

And I tried my best to summarize it here: www.abovetopsecret.com... (Top of this page.)

So right now the possible interpretations of this new data are: confirmation of Technicolor theory (which would indicate a fifth force called Technicolor,) modelling inaccuracies (less than 1% probability of this at the moment,) or something entirely new for which there is not yet a coherent theory. They're going to repeat the experiment(s) in order to firm up the results.

Hope that helps. Peace!
edit on 4/11/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I understand it's the second time you've said that, and thanks. The problem is those are dated the 7th and there has been no official update. That is why people are getting giddy. Without official word from the FermiFolk, people aren't gonna be content.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

My apologies. I misunderstood.

Well, unforunately, that was the discovery they were alluding to. That was the "official update" as it were. They had a press conference to announce it, and that is what the reports were alluding to. And it was found after reviewing data done over an extended period. (Eight years in fact.) It will take them another extended period to repeat the experiment and examine the results. It isn't going to be forthcoming overnight. What has been reported so far is the discovery they said they were going to announce.

Now we have to wait for them to confirm it or dismiss it (which could be quite some time in coming, although some of what they'll be doing is to simply go over their data again and make sure they didn't make any statistical and/or modelling errors. That could give confirmation, or probable confirmation, a lot sooner; but even that will take some time. They have droves of data from this eight year experiment.)
edit on 4/12/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Gotcha. That makes more sense even if it's a bummer. How come they couldn't just say what you just said? Thanks for packaging that up for us.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wish that foxy Italian gal would hurry up with confirmation. I'm anxious for a new force of nature. Especially if it relates to normally closed extra dimension of our space-time.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join