It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning of serious earth quakes to come...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hi all, Yes did a search to the best of my ability and I truly could'nt find this posted. My apologies if it has, so dont dump on the thread please...
Anyway even if it has been on ATS before, here it is again for those who havnt seen it. I thought it was well done and rather informative but very Republican sounding. Never the less there's a little bit of information that puts a few things to light.

www.youtube.com...=458

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yes I watched this and if you ignore the obvious political jibes - it's very informative. Don't think there is another thread but like you say, it doesn't hurt and people should know what is coming our way.

S&F

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

This is fear mongering....no doubt......a 9 or higher earthquake in the united states is probably impossible. the New madrid was thought to be a 8.....that is the strongest one possible because it is in the center of the US, all the energy is over land.....

If it happened in California it would be probably around a 7.....

I do believe in this electromagnetic theory, but this is complete BS.....a 10 or 11 may be impossible, at least its never happened before in the history of our history.....

a 11.0 would be 10,000 times stronger than japan......I dont think so

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Yes true I suppose there is a little fear mongering in it by them saying 9,10,11. But remembering what Fukshima was built to withstand and the Japanese saying it would never happen. Anyway time will tell... I didnt post it to fear monger just for reference.

www.boingboing.net...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

fair point, but I'd rather listen to, and take the word of these guys (LPACTV, who know what they are talking about) than some 25 year old dude from an internet forum...

no offense my man

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by bjsmi2

9 or higher earthquake in the united states is probably impossible.

Cascadia subduction zone. Look it up.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I was most concerned about the satelllite detecting anomalies being down.

Although the video was politically biased, they did raise a valid point in regards to the satellite reference.
Here is another source of that tidbit:

www.committeerepubliccanada.ca...

"That brings to three the number of satellites crucial for monitoring solar or earthquake-related activity, which have been shut down, or never launched, in the recent period. The other two are the planned DESDynI radar satellite for monitoring earthquakes and other natural disasters, which was axed by Obama, and the French Demeter ionosphere monitoring satellite, designed to monitor ionosphere and upper atmosphere activity in the vicinity of earthquake zones, shut down in December 2010." (quote from source)

"Because of the cutback in the NOAA budget, data from magnetometer and energetic particle detectors, which had been coming from two geosychronous satellites, will come from only one, the GOES-13 at 75 degrees east longitude. The GOES-11, on the opposite side of the Earth at 135 degrees west longitude, will no longer report. Thus, as the Earth turns, precise data accumulation will be restricted to 12 hours of the day. This situation will persist until "around September of this year," NOAA says, when a new GOES satellite is brought from a storage location into the 135 degree West position. The magnetic and energetic particle (mostly protons) data is our principal means of monitoring solar activity." (quote from source)

So this is saying the total number of satellites not in operation is three?
Not a good time to be saving pennies. Is it possible there is another bigger, better satellite technology being
incorporated that we aren't being privy to? And if so, why???
edit on 6-4-2011 by itsallmaya because: had to put on my foil hat

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry, the heavy political bias is so heavy and obvious I can't see anything they say as being other than fear mongering for political gain. There may or may not be some truth hidden in the report, but how can you know when the truth is not what the report is about? This is a political broadcast, not a scientific one.

A HUGE grain of salt should be taken with this one.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Today especially i have noticed alot of things going on to do with the weather. USGS has been very quiet and if you check out Quake watch, they are also saying how quiet and weird things are lately...

They are also chemtrailing over the UK like crazy today. Giant X's everywhere !

ATS-quake watch

new topics

top topics

join