It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The value of a Palestinian life. (200 hrs. of community service)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Here is a case where a security guard in a settlement shoots and kills a Palestinian outside the settlement compound while the Palestinian is "relieving" himself and gets 200 hours of community service.

Now, reverse it. A Palestinian kills an Israeli from a nearby settlement who is tearing up his olive trees. What happens to the Palestinian? Community service?

The link says the guard fired three warning shots and then shot the guy three times killing him. Is it just me or does anyone else think the guard should have been more severly punished? Does anyone recall how many Palestinians have been given community service for even a lessor crime?

Is a Palestinian life worth so little?
edit on 6-4-2011 by gem_man because: additional thought

edit on 6-4-2011 by gem_man because: edit to subject

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

To the Israelis, yes it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
never mind

edit on 6-4-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
When it comes to human rights and dignity it is more of the justice system being so worthless.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

WTF...

Can't believe he got off that easy...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Exactly my thought Eliad. The only thing I can figure out is that he is an elderly man (Settlers often hire retirees) who literally panicked and fired out of morbid fear. I suspect the three warning shots were misses. But even so a man is dead and the punishment, well, there is no punishment. I am sure there is more to this story that would make some sense of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by gem_man

WTF...

Can't believe he got off that easy...

WTF what !?

Why do you of all people rely solely on Ha'aretz of all news papers, a news paper that is becoming more and a Palestinian megaphone with a clear agenda in mind, when it is clear the reporter brought in detail the Palestinian side of the story but not what had really brought that security guard to open fire. There was no indication what so ever that the man that was shot was “just” relieving himself.
The court verdict is already on the net for you to read. Remember and take into account also that a few security guards were murdered by Palestinians in recent years in that same area.
So, before passing judgment relying on Gem men or Ha'aretz, do some research.

new topics

top topics

join