It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got off the phone with President Obama .... He wants your opinion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
how about lead the world by example, instead of acting like a bunch of two faced hypocrites..

kx

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow! Except for the flat tax and healthcare issue, I agree very much with fltcui and leemachino's ideas. I could support Ron Paul, Rand Paul or Jesse Ventura. While I disagree with many of Kucinich's ideas and Nader's, as well, I do think they both are decent people and love this country. Anybody else mentioned either here or recently in the news as being a possible candidate--imo, they are just more of the same and not worthy of my vote.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie Can an Independant make it.

Well the current abusive and dysfunctional system counts on good citizens worrying about just that. It's like Stockholm Syndrome or maybe extortion or black mail. I'm sick of it and I'm done buying into that sort of victim mindset.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well Mr. President, How about the government quit raping the middle class? We are the heart and soul of this country. Working men and women (not government employees) break their backs every day just so we can have a shelter and food in our stomachs. We cannot, CANNOT keep supporting government buracracies and crazy spending anymore, especially since our wages keep shinking and taxes keep growing.
Enough is enough Mr President. Not you or any other politcian can pull the wool over our eyes anymore.
We know we have the power, because without us (working class) everything would collapse. So no more games, we see all of you for what you are... liars, thieves, and crooks. we willnever trust any of you anymore.
Give the country back to the people, we built it, it's ours.

John Doe
President 2012

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

First of all, stop extending tax breaks for the wealthy. The top 20% of income earners in America own 66.7% of the wealth. They can and should pay higher taxes, at least long enough to get our debt back under control.

Second, stop allowing tax breaks for corporations, especially multinational corporations on American soil. We lose billions of dollars in revenue to companies such as GE, and that money could easily be applied to the debt.

Third, we need to pull troops out of the Middle East. The US has spent billions and billions, probably trillions, in false wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and now we are going to get even more involved by attacking Lybia. This is not the way to help the economy. The debt will get larger and larger.

That's my two cents. I will go back and read everyone elses ideas now.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Give the country back to the people, we built it, it's ours.
John Doe
President 2012

The power always has and always will be in the hands of the people..
Problem is getting enough of them to realize it and get off their comfy sofas to do something about it !!

link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.

[color=#FFFFFF]CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

[color=#3333FF]Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

The true patriot is not the man who defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the constitution from that corrupt government.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by leemachino

You have my vote. Or at the very least the President needs to hire you right now.

Wouldn't it be great if the President actually read these posts and got some gears turning in his head to make real change. I have a better chance of winning the Powerball tomorrow and getting hit by lightning a 2nd time. Michigan has a better chance of getting hit by a hurricane.

Its the job of the Secret Service to make sure the president is isolated from the outside world, aka main street. He might remeber why he ran for POTUS

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by boondock-saint

He will get this thread. But don't just make a statement your opinion is what is important. Like why do you want him to resign. And who would your recommend and why?

well I do hate repeating myself so I'll just point out
my previous thread which shares my thoughts.

Obama impeachment charges

I think those are pretty self explanatory.

As far as who I would recommend and why.
I do not have a candidate that I would recommend.
I think a whole government house cleaning needs
to occur first and let the cream of the crop emerge
afterward of a much needed new American Revolution.
We need to hit the reset button on America and nobody
can do that as long as DC and Wall Street still have
the same vipers illegally funded by the same powerful
people.

edit on 4/5/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886
reply to post by loveguy

What choice do we have?

Barack Obama or something worse?

Something worse than O bomb us?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

He will get this thread. But don't just make a statement your opinion is what is important. Like why do you want him to resign. And who would your recomend and why?

Are you kiddding with this? My opinion? My opinion is he is the most piss poor president we have ever had.

Our economy is in crisis,

Gas is almost 4$ a gallon People are out of work.

He spends money like a crack whore!

He did nothing to clean up the Gulf or hold Bp accountable for what they did.

He lacks common sense.

He hangs out with criminals.

Healthcare is headed down the tube!

No border patrol, no plans to provide any,! Have I left anything out?

Oh yeah, his most recent stunt: Gates tells him no on the no fly zone and he goes ahead anyway. No plan, just let the chips fall where they may remove the current regime and let the chaos prevail!!!

The man is inept to lead a high school cheer, let alone a country!!

As far as who could do a better job? Any 4 legged creature!

Be sure and tell him Ali says thanks for listening!!

Pax

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

You have got to be kidding me...a conference call...
Please pass on his many successes in the areas of
Closing Gitmo
Transparency posting of bills before they are passed
Transparency CSPAN ring a bell
Removing lobbyists from the hill
Reduction of ear marks
Not getting involved in wars that do not directly effect us
Stem Cell Research
No family making less than $250,000 will see any form of tax increase
How about listening to the voters-healthcare- the government will have the same insurance as the common folk
Great job with the oil spill..you acted quickly just like bush acted quickly with Katrina..sure you two are not related
Expanding the war to Pakistan...way to kill those Pakistani wedding partygoers...
Great job uniting the country
Great job Bush I mean Obama on reforming the Patriot Act
Great Job in Aphganistan
Good thing you apologized and threw yourself at the muslim world..we were really hoping that someone would do that soon..that certainly seemed to change the way muslims view the United States...good thing we are not spending money in Libya for a new war.
Disclose Contractor Lobbying...
Release of Presidential Records
Require all schools of education to be accredited
Issue annual education progress reports
Yes there is alot of sarcasm and for the record Bush sucked also but I don't think folks were blinded by his charms either what you see is what you get with Bush..

You defend him yet you call for an independent party then you mention in your post the following
"When he came into the White House he had all of the dirty laundry, and bank failures, and so many ethical questions of the under handed Bush Administartion tactics" Are you serious? Do you forget already all the people he positioned for office that had all kinds of ethical issues? How quickly people forget...there is nothing ethical about Pelosi or any of the other hard left democrats..just as there is nothing ethical about the hard right republicans but don't pick sides and blame one over the other..
edit on 5-4-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

As far as who I would recommend and why.
I do not have a candidate that I would recommend.
I think a whole government house cleaning needs

True Boon,
I say ban parties AND career politicians..
You can not have true representative democracy within a party system.
How can a career politician have any idea of what the average Joe wants or needs?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
simply put , Obama ,listen to the people you lead , and dont listen to the greed that drives you at this point , money is but an object of this world , and when the time comes are you going to look back and say i was a great leader ?or was i a great puppet ? , shock the world and come clean , i give you my word if you tell the American people the truth about what is going on , they will indeed stand by you and not let you fall..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well tell you the truth Obama could tell France and NATO we have seen enough wars. France is on the war path in Africa and has Gates approval to reform NATO to do what they want as long as they stay out of the Pacific. Just read wikileaks www.wikileaks.de... to see Frances agenda. Starkozy says he wants to kick the nest because he wants to change Africa. And Obama is playing along even when he does nothing. He quit dropping bombs on Lybia and France and the Rebels are now going to go to the UN and NATO and complain because we will not keep spending billions of dollars a week to bomb Lybia. Obama make a stand don't just ignore it. If you ignore it they will use propaganda to force you to act.The UN will be played by the new torch barer after Bush and that is Starkozy. Yes Bush used propaganda in the UN and NATO to go to war in Iraq. He used Powell as a propagnda agent with a little vial of athrax and talk of mushroom clouds. Now France and Lybian Rebels are going to do the same thing again. Same agenda two different leaders from two different countries but still the same agenda. Start wars and reshape the world for the corporate elites. The EU countries see what France is doing. Yes they shot down Starkozy's plan to try and pass a EU law of taking benfits from the people in the EU so they could give tax breaks to the rich global elite. There are people who don't like the agenda a small group of people have for the world. But you have to stand up and say something and build upon those people who support you and the same ideas you have. Or just cheer Starkozy on with your fired up speech as he turns Africa upside down and drags the US in through NATO and the UN.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't want him to resign, I want him to do a job, for all of us, all the citizens like a leader is supposed to. I can't fault the guy for wanting to be President. I don't believe he's an inherently bad person. He's just a guy that thinks/wants to make his mark on the history, but you know, he's not the same guy as the candidate was and that's not a problem since by nature all the candidates have to pull that crap. Just do the job as defined by what your supposed to in the constitution and give it your best shot. he's a smart guy and I'm sure if he'd just execute the office as defined in the constitution instead of being a "career" type politician he could set a great example and might get some great things done as well. He's got another two years, let's see if he can "change" coarse, surprise us all, and maybe set a new tone for those that follow in office after him. It's nice to see a "young" guy in that office again, and especially someone with young children. He seems to be someone that can get consensus, and knows how to organize, so let's see him do that for a constructive instead of a political purpose. I'm willing to let him have a go at it, but this politics for politicians crap has got to stop and he just might be the one who could slay that dragon once and for all. I kinda think that elected officials should be alot like doctors in th sense that they do whats best for the patient and not the insurance company. The countries bleeding out and we need him to step up and be "Dr House". Like I said, he's a smart guy, let him stun us with change that does make a difference. And props to the First Lady too, she's getting things done and opening peoples eyes to alot of issues that should be important to us all, especially with regard to obese kids that don't need to be. I say, let them have there go at it, and show us they can lead. And by the way, I'm a registered Libertarian. Smaller government is better, especailly if it's doing what the federal governmant is supposed to and not operating like they are some lords and ladies that rule OVER us, when in effect, it's the other way around. Spend more time on problems and less time on politics and you'd be amazed at what they might accomplish. The current budget deal a prime example. !

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

What you stated was pretty much the same question I was going to ask. Which is probably why I didn't get to ask. The rich have lawyers that know all the loop holes just made for the rich when it comes to taxes. I know a guy that was a multi-millionaire yet still collected disablitiy. He would spend the entire check every month at the mens aftershave products at Dillards. I mean if someone has 3 million in the Bank why are we paying them because they can't work. The main reason I thought this needed to be talked about is because we can't wait until 2012 to then start thinking about the future of this country.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well if he's going to read this ? I think to my self, better say something that might stick. I believe it is a fact, that the previous administration is responsible, for most if not all of the problems, our country is facing today. Just as
all the previous ones, are also responsible. I hold them all in contempt. Yes even Kennedy's, because his sudden exit from the world scene, left the one administration that might of made a difference, decapitated.
There is only one thing that could make your Presidency different in this reguard. Take up where Kennedy left
off. Abolish the Federal Reserve. Bring all of our troops home. Be our man, not the tyrants who want to kill everything and everyone. You say you can't? Believe me I know. Niether could Kennedy.

Randyvious

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Tell him, that until we get to the bottom of the "birther" issue, I and many others can care less what he has to say. I refuse to listen to a usurper!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

You have said one of the most important states so far. Tacos sound good to me. For there to be an Independant winner it means people are going to have to step up and get involved and start campaining. [don't even mention Palin's name] Kissinger's Bimbo. We have a lot of people to wake the h$%^ up and we can't wait until 2012 to do that. The Electorial College is what we have to worry about, your votes are counted but it is the Electorial vote that counts. They are the votes that really count. Findout who your Electorial Voters are in your district. Make sure they do not get kick backs, etc.
Just let me know where to show up for the Tacos I will bring the Hot Sause

We are on the verge of a shutdown, why? Because the two parties cannot agree and will go at each others throats before considering the best interests of... you guessed it..... THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THIS COUNTRY FROM THE INSIDE OUT! That would be us Americans.

I say we make tacos and have an ATS get together someday to go over the details

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join