It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got off the phone with President Obama .... He wants your opinion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oh, this ones just gonna blow up. Probably because what we have here is a president who cannot, through what only appears as personal choice, put an end to the spending, spending, spending.

We are on the verge of a shutdown, why? Because the two parties cannot agree and will go at each others throats before considering the best interests of... you guessed it..... THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THIS COUNTRY FROM THE INSIDE OUT! That would be us Americans.

I'm all for "change", as his campaign slogan roared pre-election. But the change is much larger than any one person who thinks they can take political sides (D or R) can ever bring to the table. Those two are in a love/hate relationship that has been doomed from the beginning.

I say we make tacos and have an ATS get together someday to go over the details

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
reply to post by Nephi1337

Jesse Ventura, Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
AMERICA!

I would vote for Jesse Ventura for President and Donald Trump for VP!!!!! 2012 ALL THE WAY. Its the only way to save this nation.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Obama go independent and team up with Ventura and Paul!!!!!!!!!

and Trump for VP

edit on 5-4-2011 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ummm You know that April Fool's day was last Friday, right Coolottie?
I mean, I'm assuming this is a practical joke kind of thing...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
so Obama is really gonna read this thread???
ummm ok, just by chance it does happen.
My opinion to Obama can be summed up
with one word.

RESIGN !!!!!

and that opinion would also go for
Congress as well. Our legislative
and executive branches are dysfunctional

edit on 4/5/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm a conservative independent. I believe in fiscal and individual responsibility.Neither the Democrats or Republicans have the guts to address the serious issues facing this country.
First step is to bring all our troops home from foreign lands and use them to defend our American Soil. I'm tired of being big brother to the rest of the world. I can no longer afford it. Let them create their own governments, democratic or otherwise.
Second step is to cut the budget by 40%. That means the government will only be spending what it takes in.
1. Eliminate the Department of Education. The washington elite can't possibly understand the needs of individual school districts out here in podunk, Illinois. Let the states decide what to teach.
2. Eliminate the Department of Agriculture and all the subsidies that go along with it. Let supply and demand determine what is planted, harvested and sold, not the federal government.
3. Eliminate the Department of Transportation. The only necessary department there is the FAA and turn that over to the military (since we brought them all home).
4. Make Social Security self supporting by implementing the Deficit Comissions' recommendations
5. Eliminate Medicard and Medicaid fraud.
Third step is to eliminate the progressive and unfair income tax and replace it with a flat tax with NO deductions. Everyone above the poverty level should pay the same amount. Just because I can afford to buy a house with a mortgage doesn't mean I should get a deduction that someone that can't afford a house isn't able to take.
Fourth step is two constitutional amendments. One that stipulates a balanced budget except in time of war declared by Congress. The second is to limit Senators to 6 years in office and Representatives to four years in office.

These are just some initial thoughts off the top of my head. I'll post more as I come up with them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I voted Obama in 2008 and doubt he will get my vote again unless he makes MAJOR CHANGES

Reinstate ;

Habeas corpus
Posse comitatus
Sherman anti-trust
Glass-Steagull

Close gitmo, all military bases on foreign soil
End the wars
Go to congress before bombing other countries
Lead our country instead following U.N. orders
End the FED
Ban lobbying
Prosecute wall street
Break up the big banks
Bring our troops home
Secure our borders
De-criminalize drugs to take away power from cartels
Invest heavily in green energy
Invest in plasma reactors for electricity
Shutdown nuclear reactors
Ban aspartame
Overhaul the FDA
Get rid of the Goldman Sachs cabinet
Single payer healthcare
Instate trade tariffs
Bring manufacturing back to the U.S.
End the manufacturing of our military goods overseas and mandate all military needs be made at home in the U.S.

End the Patriot Act and disband the TSA and DHS (way too intrusive)
I will take freedom and civil liberties over "safety from terrorism" anyday

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just got off the phone with President Obama .... He wants your opinion on how to remove my boot from his A$$

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

He will get this thread. But don't just make a statement your opinion is what is important. Like why do you want him to resign. And who would your recomend and why?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

You have my vote. Or at the very least the President needs to hire you right now.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Are you serious? You just got off of a two way call and how do we know this? Why are people giving stars to this post? Am I losing my mind?
edit on 5-4-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

he/she didn't speak with the president.
if anything he/she listened in on the organizing for america teleconference.

just a tool to make folks feel involved with the charade.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

www.barackobama.com...

c1n.tv...

edit on 5/4/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah right! to say that some politician wants my opinion about something is the greates hoax on mankind ever! If we' re to believe any of these folks (politicians) maybe they could convince us better if they would actually produce some work, any work, that might possibly be deemed constuctive. OK here's what I want:
1, All U.S. armed forces personnel deployed overseas returned to the U.S. and all overseas U.S. military installations closed. 2. All U.S. foreign aid to anywhere terminated. 3. All U.S. support to the U.N. terminated.
4. All federal legislation that must be funded be funded under pay as you go rules. 5. Free medical and dental care for all U.S. citizens. 7. An immediate conversion of at least 40 percent of all U.S. electrical power generation from coal to nuclear power. 8. An immediate conversion of 20 percent of all U.S. electrical power generation from oil to geothermal. 9. An immediate conversion of the reamining 40 percent of all U.S. electrical power generation from hydroelectric to hydrogen. 10. The resumption of the National Aerospace Plane program. 11. The weaponization of space in the form of a U.S. Strategic Aerospace Command. There, that ought to keep them busy don't ya think !

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

He's been in office for over two years and NOW want's to know what the people think??

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah, ya know, they just wanna keep they're boot on our throat, oh I mean, there finger on our pulse !

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree with you, this two party system is nothing but a racket and has been for a long time. When Obama first got into office I was hoping he would be a Presidents President, Like Kennedy. I guess if he had he would probably be where Kennedy is today. I am in limbo, but if the right people run on an independant party, it would sway me. The only thing is there are so many Americans that or either Big Time Republicans or Big Time Democrate. Can an Independant make it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This seems like a transparent attempt at gaining support for Obama. I do not and will not vote for a canidate that will trample our constitution by 1. not proving his birth 2. Obamacare 3. Go to war with Libya (regardless of the "humanitarian" reason) without consulting congress first. 4. Not repealing the Homeland security 5. Supporting the patriot act
I have more reasons but them examples are impeachable and will always be if the constitution is to be consulted *Except homeland security. FEMA laws should be changed to not allow a police state and abolish the FED and audit the bank before we kick them out.
The two party system has robbed the united states of every last bit of decency we had by not allowing real constructive criticism of laws governance. I would however like to see 1.our borders guarded 2. Nafta repealed 3. G.W Bush and Cheney put on trial for war crimes 4. real transparency of government and the abolishion of the the catch phrase it is a matter of national security 5. lower corporate tax to bring businesses back to the U.S 6. get rid of the IRS income tax because it wasn't passed in congress legit 7. More initiative for green sustainable energy 8. stop government subsidization of farmer's crops so we can feed ourselves cheaper and not controlling the markets 9. Give back people's rights for allodial land ownership 10. Get out of the U.N and NATO 11. Regain our sovereignty 12. Cut the size of government 13. Print our own money 14. get back on the gold standard 15. let the people govern themselves as responsible "sovereign, free citizens" 16. Repeal all gun laws 17. Give us back all of the amendments of the constitution 18. Bitchslap Al sharpton and Jessie Jackson to get them to realize there are more issues in the world than race and use their talents of speaking to address other problems that effect all Americans and not just their elite skin color. 19. reduce the size of the intelligence community because apparently it is a waste of money 20. Grow some balls and stop being a puppet!
I am fed up with rosy rhetoric and peaches and cream
I want a man that'll be honest and have integrity and apparently Obama, you are not it! Grow a set and do your job to reflect the American spirit and stop catering to other countries and special interest. Your job is American and Keep it that way.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Not certain I believe your post is sincere. I don't think there is anyone out there with such a clueless, seemingly blind devotion towards Barry anymore. I'll bite though, as Ive always fantasized about what I would say to a political candidate.

1. Ask him why his racist attorney general Eric Holder hasn't investigated the Black Panthers for voter intimidation back in 2008. Later on Holder also looked the other way for Pigford.

2. What about the transparency he promised. He didn't even allow the media into the award ceremony he held for the award he got for being transparent.

3. Birth Certificate. If it exists, release it. If it doesn't, go back to Kenya.

4. Taxes. I don't like them, and it was promised that he wouldn't raise them. Less than a month in he raised cigarette taxes. Quit demonizing rich folk, most of those rich folk employ us (or at least did before you forced Obama-care on us, another tax).

5. Quit living high on the hog. Vacations, party nights, golf.... Fiddling while Rome burns.

6. Libya, its like hes intentionally putting the hurt on gas buying Americans. This after he lied and said he wanted out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Get rid of Market speculation of oil futures, now! Open up drilling everywhere and everywhere, show OPEC that the US has cojones and wont be blackmailed!

7. Bowing to foreign leaders, lame and makes Obama look dumb.

8. Obamacare, get rid of it.

9. Dont think people didn't notice him continuing the Patriot Act.

10. Spending like a madman. Does he realize how much hes killing the opportunity for future generations?

11. With research, so many more....

For the record, I have never, nor would I ever vote for Barry. He can fool some people once, but twice is going to be harder. He has lied since day one (transparency, naming former lobbyists to his administration). There are fools out there that will vote for him again, but I hope his ego gets shattered by a huge loss in 2012. He now has a record for his opponents to rub in his face. I would vote communist before voting for Barry, as the Communist wouldn't lie to me and say he is something else, this coming from a staunch conservative.

edit on 5-4-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah, ya know, they just wanna keep they're boot on our throat, oh I mean, there finger on our pulse !

Well there were many polls conducted on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Also polls about the bank bailouts etc..

The results were pretty obvious but did they listen to the people??
Why would I think he'd listen now?
Probably wants to know what the people want so he can do the opposite, as usual..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join