It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Mohammad a murderer and rapist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Muhammad a military leader, laying siege to towns, massacring the men, raping their women, enslaving their children, and taking what was once the property of others for his own?

On several occasions he rejected offers of surrender from the besieged inhabitants and killed those whom he could take prisoner.

Muhammad tells his men, “Go and take any slave girl.” He took one for himself also. After the notorious massacre of the Jewish Qurayzah tribe, he did it again.

He inspired his followers to battle even when they did not feel it was right to fight, promising them slaves and booty if they did and threatening them with Hell if they did not. Muhammad allowed his men to rape traumatized women captured in battle.

Qur'an (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides..."

Qur'an (8:12) - "Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their fingertips off them."

Qur'an (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding caravans with this verse.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

While Muslim terrorists take them as literally as anything else in the Quran, and understand that Islam is incomplete without Jihad, moderates offer little to contradict them - outside of opinion. Indeed, what do they have?

Is this what makes Mohammad's verses of violence so dangerous?

Was Mohammad just a murdering rapist?
I'll let history, the "holy Koran",
and the countless number of hideous acts/incidents
speak for themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Your really asking for it now, not that I care.

You should have included his picture also!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Your really asking for it now, not that I care.

You should have included his picture also!

I agree thats the only way you could 1 up yourself.
Draw your fantastic imagination of this!
lolz

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

can we talk about the christian crusades ? can we talk about how big of a scam artist benny hinn is ? also where are you going with this thread? sounds like more propaganda bigotry to me

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

can we talk about the christian crusades ? can we talk about how big of a scam artist benny hinn is ? also where are you going with this thread? sounds like more propaganda bigotry to me

Jesus did not fight directly in the crusades, he didn't murder people with his own hands and rape women
as Mohammad did directly..

Clearly Mohammad be-headed and killed people, and raped women HIM SELF in the Islamic crusades.

Big difference, have you read the bible, the koran, or a history book in a while???
edit on 5-4-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

you definitely must have a pair

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You have to put it all into context. When we look at most other ancient religious leaders, they too raped, murdered and pillaged. This would put Moses and most of the other great Israelite Kings in the same boat.

On the flip side, Mohammed also showed incredible acts of mercy, particularly to Christians. Take for instance this letter given to the Christian Monks of St. Catherine Monastery:

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”
Source: mirnazim.wordpress.com...

Also, this letter given to the Assyrian Christians by Mohammed:

To the followers of the Islam I say: Carry out my command, protect and help the Nazarene nation in this country of ours in their own land. Leave their places of worship in peace; help and assist their chief and their priests when in need of help, be it in the mountains, in the desert, on the sea, or at home. Leave all their possessions alone, be it houses or other property, do not destroy anything of their belongings, the followers of Islam shall not harm or molest any of this nation, because the Nazarenes are my subjects, pay tribute to me and will help the Muslims. No tribute, but what is agreed upon, shall be collected from them, their church buildings shall be left as they are, they shall not be altered, their priests shall be permitted to teach and worship in their own way-the Nazarenes have full liberty of worship in their churches and homes. None of their churches shall be torn down, or altered into a mosque, except by the consent and free will of the Nazarenes. If any one disobeys this command, the anger of God and His Prophet shall be upon him.

This same kind of mercy was not shown by the Christian and Jewish religious leaders.

--airspoon

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
You have to put it all into context. When we look at most other ancient religious leaders, they too raped, murdered and pillaged. This would put Moses and most of the other great Israelite Kings in the same boat.

On the flip side, Mohammed also showed incredible acts of mercy, particularly to Christians. Take for instance this letter given to the Christian Monks of St. Catherine Monastery:

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them. No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate. No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray. Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”

Also, this letter given to the Assyrian Christians by Mohammed:

To the followers of the Islam I say: Carry out my command, protect and help the Nazarene nation in this country of ours in their own land. Leave their places of worship in peace; help and assist their chief and their priests when in need of help, be it in the mountains, in the desert, on the sea, or at home. Leave all their possessions alone, be it houses or other property, do not destroy anything of their belongings, the followers of Islam shall not harm or molest any of this nation, because the Nazarenes are my subjects, pay tribute to me and will help the Muslims. No tribute, but what is agreed upon, shall be collected from them, their church buildings shall be left as they are, they shall not be altered, their priests shall be permitted to teach and worship in their own way-the Nazarenes have full liberty of worship in their churches and homes. None of their churches shall be torn down, or altered into a mosque, except by the consent and free will of the Nazarenes. If any one disobeys this command, the anger of God and His Prophet shall be upon him.

This same kind of mercy was not shown by the Christian and Jewish religious leaders.

--airspoon

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, most of the verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that the historical context is not embedded within the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

There are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. This proclivity toward violence - and Muhammad's own martial legacy - has left a trail of blood and tears across world history.

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Nice. Nothing like an inflammatory title to suck in the masses for conflict. This is the type of post that perpetuates negativity at a time when we need healing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

A desperate plea for attention. A worn out debate that attracts moths to the flame. Turn away now and let this topic die a quiet death. Live in the now and help heal.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Turn away now and let this topic die a quiet death. Live in the now and help heal.

Someone knows their Koran well, death!!!!! die!!!!!

More backward mind thinking from the muslim sympathizers...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

Turn away now and let this topic die a quiet death. Live in the now and help heal.

Someone knows their Koran well, death!!!!! die!!!!!

More backward mind thinking from the muslim sympathizers...

Sorry. Not biting. Not religious either. Religion is the source, literally, of evil. You know, the whole yin yang thing. Can't have one without the other. Resist judging others and you'll slowly begin to understand that you only see in others that which you recognize in yourself.

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I wonder if the word 'love' is in the koran?
What I have heard,it is not!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Don't let an Islamic terrorist know that, they call that being an infidel..

Chop hands off, heads off, stone a women for committing adultery..

Glad they can't get a hold of another infidel...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There are angry people who do horrific things to others in every society. Characterizing any one culture or religion as the source of hate only throws fuel into the fire of hatred. If you really want to make things better, try identifying with the positive. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Like any holy book it has been used as a tool for division by some. Instead of taking someones word for it, try looking for the answer yourself. You are a beautiful and unique individual. Don't let others tell you what to believe

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Like any holy book it has been used as a tool for division by some. Instead of taking someones word for it, try looking for the answer yourself. You are a beautiful and unique individual. Don't let others tell you what to believe

The *holy koran* speaks for itself..

I don't see Christian suicide bombers, they are Muslim fanatics..

Living true to their holy word..

They need to get with the program and learn to be civil...

Wishful thinking I know.....

One can dream though of a world where people were not terrorized by a fanatical Islamic community ...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Right. Look where civility has gotten us. We destroy the earth and teach our children that you must have money to be successful/happy. We made a wrong turn a long time ago and there are those that believe it's too late to change course.

As for suicide bombers, they are mostly those who have been manipulated by others who seek power. The same type of power that some people in every society seek. If they had money they wouldn't be strapping bombs to their bodies, they would build armies, buy aircraft, artillery and other more acceptable weapons and wage war on those they are taught to hate.

Are we so different? Don't we have leaders that encourage us to kill others? Are we told the whole truth when we are asked to go and kill others four our country?

The point is, we are all led around like sheep and force fed propaganda in order to further some rich persons agenda. Spewing hatred and inciting conflict ultimately helps the rich get richer and destroys us at the same time.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You don't see Christian suicide bombers? How much would you like to bet that bombs from Christians kill far more people than bombs from Muslims? Does the method of delivery really matter? A bomb is a bomb; is a bomb; is a bomb.

--airspoon

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airborne? 82nd here. Golden brigade, ft Bragg. Been round the world and I've seen the hypocrisy of it all. There's a lot to be said for sitting and talking with those we are taught are the enemy. The reasonable people in every society outnumber the fanatics. Once I saw this it was clear that hatred was being used as a tool by some who call themselves our leaders.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join