It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large blue light over Madrid. 04/04/2011 CGI or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Large object over Madrid, recent footage. If you look closely there is another object following the blue light maybe refection from the window or something, makes a weird effect over there whatever it is.
If something so large like this was seen there should be more videos showing up. I'm inclined to say it's cgi but I thought I would share nonetheless.

Peace
edit on 5-4-2011 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

WHAT THE F. WAS THAT? you can see the lens flare off of the object in question. that blew my mind. the whole city lit up. if no one else got that on video im calling hoax.

we need some cgi pros in here. and by pro i mean pro... don't just say cgi because you cant explain it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Could possibly be CGI, but I am no expert. The reason to me believing this though would be the fact that 911 calls would be at an all time high in the area, which would probably break into the MSM.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Whatever it is......its BRIGHT. If you look between the pulses of light about about 0:03 you can see it appears to have 4 round objects in a square formation that are illuminating. But like you said, I'd expect a lot more witnesses or videos due to how freaking bright that thing is.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I agree, if this happened over a city, was that noticeable, and lasted that long, there would be a LOT of people who captured a piece of it. I'm going to have to say CGI, pretty convincing CGI though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Im no cgi pro but I think the affect of it looking like it was lighting up the city was realy reflecting of the camera.
The object was moving fast tho... I would think there would be more to have seen this, also >>>

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yeah every webcam in madrid would have shown the same thing.

So if there is a lot of security camera footage ect showing it, then maybe it isn't cgi.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Just checked most of the major news sites in Madrid not a peep about this anywhere...would think more people would have seen/been reporting so far nothing.....hoax. good one though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To me that looks like CGI... And not good CGI either.

From my experience with CGI work, there are several key factors here that point to it being CGI.

The illumination increase is only around current light sources
- Product of brightness/contrast increase on the whole image.
- Lack of ambient occlusion from this light or the lit surroundings

Also there is no radial lighting on the ground... If this were a truly bright object like the video portrays, the ground and buildings should light up. Very similar to what you would see from a lightning strike.
Or as a good example, the Cop Car Dash Cam of the Meteor, that being a bright light, lit up the area quite nicely.

Lastly, the corners of the video seems to be artificially darkened to give the image a more authentic look.
edit on 5/4/2011 by Sovaka because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'd say fake. I have no proof, but the fact that the cameraman doesn't acknowledge that there is anything there, either in vocalizing the existence of the object, or framing it in the video, makes me wonder. The video just remains more or less static, pointed at the skyscrapers. As always though, I hope it's real and that there are witnesses and more footage.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
plus the uploader has just cancelled all comments, after i put mine up saying that its a fake, due to the fact there's no movement glare from the lights within the buildings, street lamps etc, its all to stationary and therefore to me to it looks like a normal photo and they have just added a shake effect to look like its a camera recording, add some audio that sounds convincing and there you go.

also who films such a phenomenal event (if real) and does not say 1 word?, i know if i was filming this i would be talking to myself saying/swearing to what indeed is that in the sky pulsating.
edit on 5-4-2011 by MayheMMakeR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
CGI is my opinion

The camera man never put the object in the middle of the frame meaning he was only taking a steady shot for the later CGI work, he also never zoomed at the object.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That is hardcore! If its real that is. Any members from Madrid that could confirm?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A lens flare on the object, but none of the other light sources in the image? Also, no following the "craft" as it approaches or exits?

I vote not very great hoax.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It looks as if the creator was just tweaking the brightness on the camera. The lights effect on the buildings remains constant throughout the video.

The second and more obvious proof this is a hoax is there are no reports of this thing from any official media. The Chicago Airport UFO received more attention with no video or pictures available.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm in downtown madrid and I didn't notice anything
nobody is talking about this either tomorrow at my restaurant i'll ask some people and see if anybody has heard or seen about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
I'm in downtown madrid and I didn't notice anything
nobody is talking about this either tomorrow at my restaurant i'll ask some people and see if anybody has heard or seen about it.

awesome keep us posted

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

It took me 5 minutes to find the photo used in this little [HOAX!]
Here you go.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

good find
, just like i said

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All these fakes are getting me GRRR, there really should be some sort of punishment for the hoaxes.

The person creating the cgi should tag it as such, a water mark at the bottom of the picture or video should be a universal law.

Cry wolf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join