It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Might Be a Survivalist If…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Source

You have a cookbook all about Spam.
You consider your extra large ham radio antenna as “broadband”.
You know how to cook leather.
You’ve ever been on a Soviet “Potential Threat” list.
SWAT has ever asked to borrow a few of your guns.

I found this both humorous as well as enlightening. There were many things stated that fit my situation and there were actually a few I hadn't thought of and will begin to implement.

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Loved it! They had me at "you have more than one grain mill." LOL! Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am more likely on an American government “Potential Threat” list.

Seeing how they categorize any freedom loving Patriot as a domestic terrorist nowdays.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I loved that link and I am guilty of some
of the items mentioned.
It was also good for some advice on things
I hadn't thought of.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

GREAT avatar! I looked for that as a T shirt for many years back when I was in college and would still like it.

Regarding the government list thing, look at it as a good thing should you be on one. If they are afraid of you, they are on the defense.

When governments fear the people there is liberty. When people fear the government there is tyranny. I'm not quite sure whom to quote for those statements but there are most certainly true!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I loved that link and I am guilty of some
of the items mentioned.
It was also good for some advice on things
I hadn't thought of.

Like you, I was guilty of some but others were a wake up to things I may need to focus on. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The more we can prepare for the worst the less we'll have to worry about it should things go badly. We'll most likely have to worry about others trying to capitalize on our preparations because they were too busy buying the newest 3D TVs and the like.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NazcaP

Loved it! They had me at "you have more than one grain mill." LOL! Thanks for posting.

I only have one and it is electric. Even though I have solar power for keeping such things running, I realize it's time to get one that works the old fashioned way!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The ones that apply to me are...

SWAT has ever asked to borrow a few of your guns.

You’re the first person at the gun range on Dec 26th to try out your new toys, and the clerk knows you by your first name

Your home and property are more secure and better lit than Fort Knox or Area 51.

The power fails in your local movie theater, and you pull your flashlight from your belt and show yourself the way out.

You can recognize the sound of a generator from four blocks away, but you also can tell the brand, horsepower and kilowatts per hour that it is putting out.

Your shopping list includes numbered items like .22, .308., .357 and 7.62

Your scanner includes the frequencies of every law enforcement agency within 100 miles, including the ones that don’t officially exist.

The window shutters have firing ports included in their design.

You can’t put your groceries in the trunk of the car because its already jammed full with emergency kits, first aid supplies, and fully-stocked BOBs.

You have back-up plans for your back-up plans.

You automatically choose the heavy duty flatbed cart upon entering Sam’s or Costco.

You were excited beyond all reason when they came out with cheddar cheese in a can.

You have different grades of BOB’s. And re-stock them twice a year.

Local food pantries have come to depend on donations from your larder when you rotate stock in the spring and fall.

You have enough army surplus equipment to open a store.

When you fill up when your gas tank, it’s already 3/4 full.

You carry a pocket survival kit, a sturdy folding knife, a Sure Fire flashlight and a small concealed handgun to church every Sunday.

You shop yard sales, store sales, and markdown racks for bartering goods .

You own a hand-operated clothes washer and a non-electric carpet sweeper.

You no longer go to the doctor’s because you can either fix it yourself, make it at home, or know and understand the physicians desk reference better than he does, and can get the goods at the vets or pet store for MUCH less money anyway.

You know that you have 36 gallons of extra drinking water in the hot water tank and your 2 toilet tanks

You have a hand pump on your well.

You have more 55 gallon blue water drums than family members.

Your UPS man hates you because of all the cases of ammo he’s had to lug from his truck to your front door.

When the power goes out in your neighborhood, all the neighbor’s kids come over to your place to watch TV on generator power.

The Police Chief calls you to find out what guns to buy for their officers.

Secure

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Got a few on the list, but
More so a lot of great ideas!
Thanks and great post!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

I got one to add to your list...

if you know the acronym "MRE's" Stands for
Meals Rejected by Everyone....

Someday I'll have to post a thread on Appetite fatigue ....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This was funny to read and had a few good places to look into. The tp had me rolling, I have a house full of females and am a bit neurotic about having enough of that. I asked one of them the other day "hot water or toilet paper' she picked the toilet paper. Good read thank you for the link.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
LOL! good find, I'm new to the whole survivalist stuff, but someday i hope that these things describe me!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This one was really me " Your box springs are Rubber Maid containers filled with rice and beans." Got them things all over in rubbermaid too,lol

new topics

top topics

join