It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Top 5 Broken Promises

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Okay, time I gave my #6!

The refusal by the Obama administration and DOJ to look into illegal activities by the Bush administration.

We'll never learn from mistakes if we do not confront said mistakes. Their are War Criminals who walk amongst us free and doing well.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Okay, time I gave my #6!

The refusal by the Obama administration and DOJ to look into illegal activities by the Bush administration.

We'll never learn from mistakes if we do not confront said mistakes. Their are War Criminals who walk amongst us free and doing well.

I don't believe Obama ever promised to do so.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Obama said that as president he would indeed ask his new Attorney General and his deputies to "immediately review the information that's already there" and determine if an inquiry is warranted -- but he also tread carefully on the issue, in line with his reputation for seeking to bridge the partisan divide. He worried that such a probe could be spun as "a partisan witch hunt." However, he said that equation changes if there was willful criminality, because "nobody is above the law."

www.philly.com...

and another source for another article here:

www.salon.com...

hint: google

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

None of your response addessed the post by Outkast which clearly showed that your Pelosi qoute was chopped, out of context and spun for a GOP headline of the day back during the HCR debate.

You can't post known GOP BS propaganda...stuff that is disputed outright by reality...while at the same time claiming to be non-partisan.

If you were non-partisan you might have posted...thanks Outkast...I had never seen the full context of that qoute before...rather than the unrelated rant of a post you opted for.
edit on 5-4-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by bozzchem

A truly valiant effort on your part...but a FAIL as well.

Would you care to elaborate? Or are you just going to claim "FAIL" and not address any of the points?

As best I can tell that is precisely his plan...

Skip the facts...don't respond to specifics...Just the kind of debate this country can do without.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yes...like I said...no promises.

Let's look at his full response:

What I would want to do is to have my Justice Department and my Attorney General immediately review the information that's already there and to find out are there inquiries that need to be pursued. I can't prejudge that because we don't have access to all the material right now. I think that you are right, if crimes have been committed, they should be investigated. You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve.

So this is an area where I would want to exercise judgment -- I would want to find out directly from my Attorney General -- having pursued, having looked at what's out there right now -- are there possibilities of genuine crimes as opposed to really bad policies. And I think it's important-- one of the things we've got to figure out in our political culture generally is distinguishing betyween really dumb policies and policies that rise to the level of criminal activity. You know, I often get questions about impeachment at town hall meetings and I've said that is not something I think would be fruitful to pursue because I think that impeachment is something that should be reserved for exceptional circumstances. Now, if I found out that there were high officials who knowingly, consciously broke existing laws, engaged in coverups of those crimes with knowledge forefront, then I think a basic principle of our Constitution is nobody above the law -- and I think that's roughly how I would look at it.

Let's look at the journalists take on it.

The bottom line is that: Obama sent a clear signal that -- unlike impeachment, which he's ruled out and which now seems a practical impossibility -- he is at the least open to the possibility of investigating potential high crimes in the Bush White House.

Being "open to the possibility" isn't making a promise. When I think "promise" I think of something he stumped on over and over and over during his campaign. Not one answer to one reporters question.

Obama DID look into waterboarding and banned it. But I'm sure he will get no credit for that from you.
edit on 5-4-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I may be many things to many folks, but NO ONE has ever called me a Palin supporter. The reason is because my friends know I wouldn't vote for her no matter who the opposition was.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Hessling because: Spelling error

Well we have that in common

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Obama did bring change. The change is to see their is no change from one party to the next. The system is broken, has been and will continue to do so until we wake up and realize the change is Us.Do you really believe one party over the other, can fix a system that lacks integrity? We are watching this unfold before our eyes, and it is ugly. Hate him, or love him, everything we have believed in or accepted, is being brought to the forefront for we the people to look at. Take a look, every issue, every stance, no longer serves us, no longer serves humanity. The change is you.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
If you really got change, you wouldn't like it. TAXES MUST be raised to pay off debt..

edit on 5-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

I usually like your posts dude, but man, this is just false. If they taxed Americans 80 PERCENT of their wages it STILL wouldn't pay off the debt because of the interest on it.

How about we just make corporations pay what they...

What The 25 Top U.S. Companies Pay In Taxes

The most egregious example is General Electric ( GE - news - people ). Last year the conglomerate generated $10.3 billion in pretax income, but ended up owing nothing to Uncle Sam. In fact, it recorded a tax benefit of $1.1 billion
www.forbes.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Though we all know you worship OKast, are you privy to information that would substantiate your claims, that also refute Bozzchem? Or are you going to continue defending your buddy instead of contributing?

Believe me, I don't need defending. I pointed out many flaws in bozzchem's use of that quote...and he dodged them all and just said "FAIL". I don't think I need to defend myself from presenting an argument that someone failed to address.

maybereal11 simple wants the same thing I want...for bozzchem to address the points I made in my post rather than just screaming "FAIL" and leaving it at that.

p.s. It appears you are defending bozzchem much more than maybereal11 is "defending" me

edit on 5-4-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Though we all know you worship OKast, are you privy to information that would substantiate your claims, that also refute Bozzchem? Or are you going to continue defending your buddy instead of contributing?

I don't defend Outkast...I defend facts...and as far as "my claims" that the Pelosi Qoute was pulled out of context and then Bozzchem ignoring the entirety of Outkasts post while at the same time going off on some unsubstantiated rant....you can hit the back button on this thread or read Outkasts post again here.. post by OutKast Searcher

Just silly, dumb BS....oooooh you worship outkast!....WTF IS ATS POPULATED BY GRADESCOOL AGE CHILDREN.

Respond to an actual post...respond to linked, supported facts or spend your time doing something more productive like pulling little girls pig tails.
edit on 5-4-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
listen up!

2 sides to the same coin.

the elephants & the donkeys are one in the same.

there are alot of issues that i thought it was great that the obama administration was gonna tackle. they didn't instead they went the opposite way.

which is what these politicians do.

it equates to a "guy who says stuff to get into a girls pants"

yes he did try to do the health care thing. THAT WAS A DEBACLE!

corporations run america.

what the people really need is someone who will say "I don't give a crap if you gave me 100 million for my campaign, I am not kissing your butt"

a person who isn't afraid to make a very unpopular stand. who doesn't fall for tricks, who doesnt play politics the way it is currently played.

grrrrrrr

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

i swear if i had the money & was old enough I would just run. lol

people would rather watch idol, and dancing stars, or what rich housewives are doing. or idiots that are orange.

I don't get pop culture, I never have. my boyfriends sister is addicted to tv. its one of the weirdest things in the world.

how can people not see the things we see?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladymerelda

i swear if i had the money & was old enough I would just run. lol

people would rather watch idol, and dancing stars, or what rich housewives are doing. or idiots that are orange.

I don't get pop culture, I never have. my boyfriends sister is addicted to tv. its one of the weirdest things in the world.

how can people not see the things we see?

I have no idea? I stopped watching tv along time ago! poison's the mind. ( i do watch Jesse ventura conspiracy show,) but for the most part, I read. I read alot!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

President Obama’s top 5 broken campaign promises

www.rawstory.com...

President Barack Obama came to office on a tide of voters eager to see a change in more than just the White House's occupant. Two years into his presidency -- and one day after he launched his 2012 reelection campaign -- and even some of his most ardent supporters are having trouble coming to terms with the answer to Sarah Palin's 2010 question: "How's that hopey, changey stuff working out?"

How has that hopey, changey stuff working out for each of you? Not so well, for me and even worse for the many beliefs I have that Obama has pretty much snuffed out. Here's a list of the Top 5 broken promises from his 2008 Presidential Campaign courtesy of Raw Story.

Regardless of how you voted, this is what his supporters in '08 (including me) had hoped for.

Care to add anything more? I'm sure you can.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Care to add anything more? I'm sure you can.
Yea! I would like to add something, why don’t you do a thread on all the promises in history that each president before obama made.

No president in the history of earths existence has never kept a campaign promises he is no different...PERIOD!

Damn,but then again,HE IS BLACK HUH,so i guess he is excluded from the other 40 some presidents .
edit on 5-4-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

I may be many things to many folks, but NO ONE has ever called me a Palin supporter. The reason is because my friends know I wouldn't vote for her no matter who the opposition was.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Hessling because: Spelling error

Well we have that in common

Read between the lines and I think you'll discover we have a lot in common.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join