It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 2012 Election Campaign Ad Released - A Hint of Reverse Psychology??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hi All,

I am just gonna post the new ad campaign for Obama. I saw some snippets on the news today in Australia and noticed what seemed to be some blatant reverse psychology, although i may be wrong but i will let you be the judge.

Also further down i am just gonna post a link to another thread i posted in the jokes and punns forum that has some satirical campaign ad clips for anyone that needs a break from all the seriousness

Obama 2012 Ad Campaign

Notice the comments Ed from North Carolina makes at about 1:20 in the clip and then straight after Ed there is Cladys from Nevada, notice the comments she makes....

Is there a hint of reverse pychology there or is it just me?

In the News:

Obama aims at 2012 in 'final campaign'

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 » 10:20am

President Barack Obama on Monday opened his quest for a second White House term, calling on supporters to rebuild his grass roots powerbase and gird for a fight to protect his crusade of change.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3db3fd58bbb.jpg[/atsimg]

Obama, who swept to power on a wave of hope-fuelled expectations in 2008 and is now a graying incumbent battered by two years of crises, set course for the November 2012 election with an email to supporters and a web video.

'Today, we are filing papers to launch our 2012 campaign,' Obama said, in a move that will allow him to begin piling up campaign cash for an election fund that could reach $US1 billion ($A964.8 million).

Obama admitted the past two years struggling to enact reform had been perhaps tougher than many supporters hoped.

Full Article

Here is the other thread if your in the mood for some humour!! We all need some to lighten up our day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I feel ashamed to even have viewed that video... It was Obama's minions doing his bidding and speaking crap which made me want to stop viewing the video.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

It's actually kind of corny as well....

Not what you would expect from a political campaign, although i am sure there will be many more to come before 2012.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
woow... quiet night in this forum.

I think my timing is always kinda bad posting threads, my time of night on the computer kinda falls out of the mainstream ATS traffic times... i think, unless no one is interested

I'll spell out why i some of the comments are strange;

So we have Ed saying that he doesnt agree with Obama but he trust's and wants him to be president in 2012??

Then Cladys - There are still lots of things on the table that have to be addressed but she wants Obama to address them after 2012??

Why havent they been addressed yet? What else has Obama done with the last couple of years apart from failed bills, more spending and policies that havent helped many people at all......

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I think i threw up in my mouth a little.

That has got to be one of the lamest, most contrived, brain dead pieces of propaganda i've seen for any election.

"Somebody to energize us" which translates to "Let him chant more slogans at us until it is subconsciously seeded into our minds that it's the right thing to do".

And this pearl of wisdom......."Politics is about how we govern ourselves".

HUH?

At no other point in American history have the people had less power to govern themselves than they do now under the same administration that is spewing this nonsense in their latest attempt to stay in power.

If you had the means to govern yourselves then the current model of Democracy would be irrelevant and redundant.

Bureaucracy would not exist.

Dear average American, you are being treated with contempt and your intelligence is being insulted by people who seek to dominate and then disregard you.

For the sake of your future generations, PLEASE WAKE UP!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by riktus

You might enjoy this one a little more, it seems serious and legit but it's not.....

I love the ending

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I honestly thought that was a serious ad.

And then i saw the unicorn with a rainbow coming out of its butt.

Touche.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by riktus

Yeah i did as well at first, even after the unicorn..
although with the unicorn i loved the ''hahaha'' as he rode over the rainbow!!

when i watched it the second time i noticed it was from the Republican side and then some of the things in the clip were not quite right... the comments about spending, and when they say '' he hangs out with key decision makers and it looks like an American Idol convention and i think Paul Macartney was in the frame as well....

But yeah it was a funny clip and if you liked that then you will love this one although it's pro Obama but still funny

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Haha i thought it was a rather obvious joke when it got to the "who brought America together (cut to a tea party/anti Obama rally)" and "we will not rest(golfing pic), not rest (golfing pic) not rest (golfing pic?)" part haha funny ad

Anyways referring to your original post, i could not exactly see the reverse psychology but i would recommend a psychologist to anyone that could be remotely inspired from that drivel.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm in the "Obama is a puppet" group, and I am simply disgusted at all the things the man has reneged on.

I watched the video though and I did not see or sense any reverse psychology. It seemed to be a pretty typical, corny ad.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yes...Let's re-elect this lying, Illegal, treasonous "Criminal-In-Chief!"
If your going to be "STUPID"...might as well go all the way!Criminal-In-Chief
edit on 5-4-2011 by truther357 because: Misspelled

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
And we get 4 more years of this of this Saul Alinsky mentor and 1996 member of the US communist party(New Party)
Stupity Rules!!!

Rules for Revolution

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vampiri

ok so this is what stood out to me -

So we have Ed saying that he doesnt agree with Obama but he trust's and wants him to be president in 2012??

Then Cladys - There are still lots of things on the table that haven't be addressed but she wants Obama to address them after 2012??

Why havent they been addressed yet? What else has Obama done with the last couple of years apart from failed bills, more spending and policies that havent helped many people at all......

Maybe reverse psychology was the wrong word... but it was saying he failed this time around but next time might be different.

These people saying they dont like him or dont agree with him but next election will be different?

Why would she say that there are still many issues to be addressed but i will vote for him... why havent they been addressed already?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

So, okay. The Obama platform has been all along that the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer. Is anyone really surprised? We're talking the Washington elite, here.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fredvcall

Exactly. Seems that the only interest in this country, no matter who is Commander in Chief, is the corporate interest. The profits of the big business and nothing else. No matter who is elected. No matter who. It never makes a damned difference.

Yet we have thousands of Americans debating Obama's heritage and birth certificate!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
After viewing that piece of propaganda...a thought struck.
We on here are always quoting "We the People"...the ones that support our country and want to
have pride in it again...this particular piece is the sheeple 's attempt at being "We the People."

By following the rallying cry of their saviour Obama, as they did 4 years ago, they will represent "We the People"...
They will become the patriots in the eyes of those that do not see or care...We all know how things are interpreted by
those that only see and hear what they are steered to believe.

Those of us, the true patriots...the true Americans will be looked upon as the home grown terrorists because we are
attempting to show the blind what is happening to them...

The original question was is this advertisement using reverse psychology...darn right and a lot more...it is seeding the ground for a very dangerous campaign in 2012...Keep your eyes open, people...don't just watch...do something.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Please, Please, I know you obama supporters are still out there,,,,, You can't hide.

Please this time, open your eyes and use that mass of flesh between your hears. It's called thinking,,, not being lead by pure white quilt or rainbows and that tingly feeling running up your legs again.
Remember those ladies that passed out in 07 and 08 listening to their idol? Where are they today and are they going to be recycled?
Try not to drink to deeply of the: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec5e76ecc9b1.jpg[/atsimg]

Hows that? [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9abc2c439776.jpg[/atsimg]

The change most of us have seen is:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16aa1b55b649.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

yea Ed seems like an idiot to me.
He trusts Obama ???
what a freakin joke.

Please do not confuse this Ed guy
with any of us other intellects here
in NC. No relation that I know of,
unless it is with Obama.

And a more serious note:

Obama can spend a trillion dollars
on his campaign and he still will not
win in 2012. Money won't erase
memories of the lies told and
the promises broken.

the change we get in 2012
will have nothing to do with Obama
except him leaving.
Yes we can ...... vote him out.
I'd prefer an impeachment,
but it's rather late in the game
for that at this point and a waste of
tax payer money.

S&F for the thread though

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Actually if you wanted to see an accurate picture for an obama campaign poster.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23a2c379ab00.jpg[/atsimg]
Yes, Our Flag In The Fireplace.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What Blatant Reverse Psychology is obama and his team going to use to get this voters back?
I heard that obama has recaptured ground Democrats lost with well-educated white women in 2010-but that he is still struggling with every other segment of the white electorate, including younger voters.

There is an article on this,,,,,, here it is.: hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join