It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of top dying American industries revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

List of top dying American industries revealed

rt.com

A list of the top 10 declining US industries has been published; the list is a clear story of how the world has changed and how buying habits have evolved.
Manufactured home dealers, record stores, photofinishing, wired telecommunications, apparel manufacturing, newspaper publishing, DVD game and video rentals, mills, formal wear and costume rentals, and general apparel manufacturing are all on the decline.
Those industries saw sizable revenue declines over the ten year period of 2000 to 2010. Prior to that period, these industries were all American power businesses.
Much of America’s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I apologise before hand if this has been previously posted. A search has yielded no results. I came across this article on Russia Today and deemed it interesting. I do however, believe that the decline in these previously booming areas has came as a result of newer more efficient technology and greater quality of resoruces - which I applaud - rather than the global financial crisis which impacted so heavily on America.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I never see Fuller Brush Salespeople anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I can certainly understand the decline in most of those.

DVD's/CD's: People will download the movies/songs and create their own DVD's/CD's for a fraction of the price.

Clothing: It's almost all imported now. It used to be that most of the 'cheap' stuff was imported from the Far East or South America but now I will go into a chic boutique, see a $75 t-shirt, check out the tag, and see 'Made in China.' I put it back because 1). I'm not paying $75 for a t-shirt and 2). I'm not paying $75 for a t-shirt that cost 50 cents to make and import thanks to slave labor and low tariffs.

Newspaper: Pretty obvious. It's free and much more convenient to get your news on the internet.

Etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
List needs travel agents. I don't know anyone who goes to a travel agent anymore.

new topics

top topics

join