It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government trying to warn us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
tinypic.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>Last night while driving through the city, I saw a very disturbing bus stop sign, which read are you prepared for disaster NYC?.I though well that simply means that the gov't is offering help for disasters that they know are coming.
edit on 4-4-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: Proof

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

Hey.
Maybe it's an early promo-type for some new movie that may be coming out this summer?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Wow, a 2 sentence thread...I never thought I'd see the day
Anyway....It's probably not the government because one time while I was coming home from school i saw a disturbing sign...It said "Destruction Ahead" Ahead was a hospital with all the patients out side with the building engulfed in smoke..Wait it probably is the Government but not really a warning.... I dont know

edit on 4-4-2011 by xShadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's just Bloomberg letting you know ahead of time that your ass belongs to you once the SHTF, until then pay your taxes and keep your pie hole shut.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
Last night while driving through the city, I saw a very disturbing bus stop sign, which read are you prepared for disaster NYC?.I though well that simply means that the gov't is offering help for disasters that they know are coming.

Since when does the government warn us about anything? If you believe in population control, they would never say a thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
huh, wha?

all i'm seeing when I walk around is

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I would say movie poster or concert ad maybe??
Above post
isnt that Combichrist???

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

Do you mean the Empire Earth game? I loved this! Hehe

I don't think that image is anything to worry about or the government warning us of something to be honest.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
they wouldn't warn us, they love it when we are unprepared and act highly unpredictably. means they can gain more power and control MUAHAHAHAH

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, what ever happened to having to at least present a Story
or good introduction to the topic at hand,. Just a few line is now acceptable?
Hmmm

Well anyway,
I doubt the government is doing anything to look after your well being,.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
tinypic.com...

I believe in depopulation, but I don't believe that the elites would targed such a beautiful city like nyc for depopulation purposes, I got this feeling while staring at all the new super massive buildings that they are working on downtown. Why would they keep building such great skyscrapers, if they are planning on destroying inhabitants, it wouldnt be logical.
edit on 4-4-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: logical

edit on 4-4-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: destroying

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What they are doing is securing their assets at all cost. If they could at least have survival plans for everyone then the panic of the people who survive the upcoming natural disasters will be less as a mass because these people would feel secured by this gov't plan, therefore won't be planning to start anarchy.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
What they are doing is securing their assets at all cost. If they could at least have survival plans for everyone then the panic of the people who survive the upcoming natural disasters will be less as a mass because these people would feel secured by this gov't plan, therefore won't be planning to start anarchy.
And just where is your proof to secure this theory?
more info please

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If anyone bothered to follow the link on the sign they would see that it redirects to this site: www.nyc.gov...

notice the .gov?

There is nothing wrong with emergency awareness, especially since the recent earthquake in Japan. This campaign apparently wants people to be prepared for any kind of disaster. in-home as well as the more catastrophic ones

Don't immediately jump to conclusions and have a look around the source first, it's an ad sponsored by the New York City Office of Emergency Management

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Of course they would like people to be more prepared for a disaster they were very unprepared for the events of 9/11/2001. NY has been spending million and millions to prepair for another disaster natural or man made looks to me they want the people to be ready also look at Katrina those people were warned days in advance and still were not ready this is what NY should be doing IMO yes its a warning the warning is stuff happens. protect yourself and your family. There is allot of simple things people can do but dont know how and this is a good program to help uninformed people IMO hell ive talked to 50-60 year old people that live in New York and never drove a car ever there. City people life is very different there than say someone like me that lives in the country and has plenty of resources if the SHTF.
edit on 4-4-2011 by pez1975 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

My local fire station has that message on it's billboard.

top topics

join