It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Scary Movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm feeling rather mindless today...but since the other "favorite" threads seem to help see members in a different light, I thought I'd go with one as well....

Mine are:

The Ring: extremely creepy, and some good jump scenes
Sixth Sense: again, just creepy
The Others: loved the twist at the end
The Exorcist: a classic
The Omen: a great classic series, and I'm a sucker for biblical horror
Both Final Destination movies: the most insane death sequences EVER...
Thirteen Ghosts: nice jump scenes, and creepy, unique story...

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton that I like, but I'm sure I'll see them in responses...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
hmm
Lost Highway freaked me out

specially when he hands him, his cell phone and he is on the phone talking to him as well and tells him to give him back his phone!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I recently seen Ring and Ring 2 on channel 4 TV here in Northern Ireland. I enjoyed them both. They were Japanese with subtitles and I enjoyed both immensely. I have no idea what the hollywood version is like though. Dog soldiers was good fun too!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
fright night and An American Werewolf in loundon.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigxbaddaxboom
I recently seen Ring and Ring 2 on channel 4 TV here in Northern Ireland. I enjoyed them both. They were Japanese with subtitles and I enjoyed both immensely. I have no idea what the hollywood version is like though. Dog soldiers was good fun too!

There is already a Ring 2...?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Alien 1 is a classic for suspense.

Not much scares me now, but as a kid the original Frakenstein & Godzilla did a pretty good job.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I liked the new version of this film. Jeffery Rush did a good job and the variation of being set in a mental hospital was interesting. I really liked the sets, although, it never got scary.

I didn't care too much for the Blair Witch Project, but it did manage to generate some decent suspence.

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by deepwaters]

[Edited on 24-3-2003 by deepwaters]

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
House on Haunted Hill: Good update, very creepy...
American Werewolf in London: another classic
Blair Witch: was only good when you didn't know it wasn't real...if you saw the special on the Sci Fi channel, and then saw the movie, it rocked!

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i want to see that so bad! the first one was great. the ring was awesome. i don't get scared by movies. i never have. chucky was pretty gruesome too.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The Blair Witch is probably the last great, truly scary, original horror movie. The entire premise behind the way the shooting and directing was awesome and probably a concept way ahead of it's time.

Jeepers Creepers was so close to being great...it really was. Everything before they started showing the monster itself was amazing, then it fizzled.

Apt Pupil wasn't the most traditional horror movie, but did have an awesome story and some really good suspense.

Neferatu, I think that was its name, is probably the scariest movie of all time. Its silent, its in black and white. Max Schrek was an extremely talented character actor whose passion for the role of Count Orlock made him pretty much become a vampire then doing the shoot.

I changed my mind...Brittney Spears's Crossroad was pretty dern scary if you ask me...

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
"THE THING"

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forrest4Three

Originally posted by bigxbaddaxboom

There is already a Ring 2...?

i think you realise that the american ring is not the first or the best ring is orignaly japeanease with sub titles i suggest you see that orignals always much better and for house on haunted hill remake domnt make me laugh that was utter crud

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Shining
Creature from the Black Lagoon

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Once things get going, the Shining is awesome, but it's a LONG ride to that point while watching it. Then again, that's par for the course, for Mr. King...especially if they do the book justice.

top topics

join