It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theists will never see the face of God. Giggle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

As a religionist of sorts, Gnostic Christian with a touch of Deist, I have to sometimes have a giggle at the position that believers in Bible God take.

Especially their more immoral positions as they accept Gods reasons for murdering or to them, just justly killing humans.

It is not funny but I giggle out of sadness for theists lack of thought and morals.

At the same time as I fight my own camp for their more bizarre thinking, I am attacked by atheists who see me as just as delusional as those who follow Bible God. I am in a rather unique position as you can see.

Having said that, I think all theists, especially those of the Abrahamic cults, Christians, Catholics and Muslims, need to chill a bit and not take religion so seriously. By doing so, you just make yourselves the laughing stock of the world. Laughter is good so I would like to share some with my fellow theist and atheist adversaries.

Those who follow Bible God, Christians, Catholics and Muslims, cannot ever tell what he looks like because of their vantage point.

i845.photobucket.com...

Those who follow Bible God seem to go against the precedent set by nature and are thus acting un-naturally.
The God of any animal is one of it's own.
The God of ants is an ant.
The God of lions is a lion.
It follows then that the God of men should be a man.
No other animal, other than man, has taken the notion that it's God should be some alien or an entity of other than it's own kind.

imgur.com...

As to Muslims, their fundamentalists have worked hard in killing those who would make fun of their particular God Allah and his prophet Mohamed and in the real world, I would perhaps refrain from jokes but in the anonymity of this place, I cannot help myself so I offer a picture of Mohamed as he would appear today.

imgur.com...

In the voice of Achmed the terrorist, I beg you, don’t kill me.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

As a religionist of sorts, Gnostic Christian with a touch of Deist, I have to sometimes have a giggle at the position that believers in Bible God take.

Especially their more immoral positions as they accept Gods reasons for murdering or to them, just justly killing humans.

It is not funny but I giggle out of sadness for theists lack of thought and morals.

At the same time as I fight my own camp for their more bizarre thinking, I am attacked by atheists who see me as just as delusional as those who follow Bible God. I am in a rather unique position as you can see.

Having said that, I think all theists, especially those of the Abrahamic cults, Christians, Catholics and Muslims, need to chill a bit and not take religion so seriously. By doing so, you just make yourselves the laughing stock of the world. Laughter is good so I would like to share some with my fellow theist and atheist adversaries.

Those who follow Bible God, Christians, Catholics and Muslims, cannot ever tell what he looks like because of their vantage point.

i845.photobucket.com...

Those who follow Bible God seem to go against the precedent set by nature and are thus acting un-naturally.
The God of any animal is one of it's own.
The God of ants is an ant.
The God of lions is a lion.
It follows then that the God of men should be a man.
No other animal, other than man, has taken the notion that it's God should be some alien or an entity of other than it's own kind.

imgur.com...

As to Muslims, their fundamentalists have worked hard in killing those who would make fun of their particular God Allah and his prophet Mohamed and in the real world, I would perhaps refrain from jokes but in the anonymity of this place, I cannot help myself so I offer a picture of Mohamed as he would appear today.

imgur.com...

In the voice of Achmed the terrorist, I beg you, don’t kill me.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca143cd3413a.gif[/atsimg]

Nice try to spark rage.
edit on 4/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A few things Im just going to say
People who believe in a religion usually think everything's going to be fine with god on their side.
People who say they believe in religion but don't take it seriously don't care about religion and use it for social benefits.
People who are Atheists think they have enlightened and start looking down on the "dumbasses"
People who understand that both sides are actually chatting bull# just lay back and and chill.
People who are enlightened at least a little say " Religion is necessary for morals and law but it has no place for development and technology in it."

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Religion has no place in the modern world. Good morals and ethics have. You shouldn't have to look for god or believe in god to have these qualities. It comes from within. The same with the polar opposites of these two qualities. They also come from within. Whether god exists or not, should be irrelevant in modern society.

Me personally, I don't give a crap if god exists. I laugh my ass off when I hear and see people argue about its existence.
As if I'm gonna live my life under the shadow of a being that is not even here on earth.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
As if I'm gonna live my life under the shadow of a being that is not even here on earth.

YOU live on earth. When you understand this, you understand the full scope of everything that has been obscured by both organized religion and organized science.

You live under your own shadow. You get to choose when to step out from under it.

Namaste.
edit on 4-4-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Religion has no place in the modern world. Good morals and ethics have. You shouldn't have to look for god or believe in god to have these qualities. It comes from within.

I agree men are without excuse. God said He wrote His laws on "all men's hearts".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I agree men are without excuse. God said He wrote His laws on "all men's hearts".

Out of curiosity... how does a person such as Buddha or Laozi fit into your signature video regarding those in black hats vs white hats?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I don't care if religion has been altered. I don't follow anything that's more powerful than me unless I'm attracted to it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Out of curiosity... how does a person such as Buddha or Laozi fit into your signature video regarding those in black hats vs white hats?

Well, the analogy says Christ as the only one in a white hat. That only leaves another choice. God demands perfection, because He is perfect. So we all have a problem, that problem is sin. Here is another way to look at it. Would you invite your worst enemy to live in your house for the rest of your life? God is no different, why should He allow people who reject Him and do everything against what He commands to live in His kingdom with Him?

Being good is great, it will keep you out of prison. God demands perfection. He judges us all on His perfection, not on men's standards. But God had a plan from the start, He put all our sins on His Son and sacrificed Him for everyone. So He made an atonement for all of us His children. He made the ultimate infinite sacrifice for all our sins. And nothing can be more simple than just asking Him to forgive you and accept that sacrifice.

All world religions have a set of man-made rules to try and justify oneself to God, they are a stench in His nostrils.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you wish to view it that way.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Okay, for arguments sake, why should God judge on our standards when He is perfect? Why shouldn't God judge on His standards? Why should He judge on human standards?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

But wait. Judge for what end?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well, the analogy says Christ as the only one in a white hat. That only leaves another choice.

An analogy made by a man. So it still leaves many choices unless you wish to place the entire burden of Truth and perfection on Mr. Driscoll.

God demands perfection, because He is perfect. So we all have a problem, that problem is sin. Here is another way to look at it. Would you invite your worst enemy to live in your house for the rest of your life? God is no different, why should He allow people who reject Him and do everything against what He commands to live in His kingdom with Him?

Being good is great, it will keep you out of prison. God demands perfection. He judges us all on His perfection, not on men's standards. But God had a plan from the start, He put all our sins on His Son and sacrificed Him for everyone. So He made an atonement for all of us His children. He made the ultimate infinite sacrifice for all our sins. And nothing can be more simple than just asking Him to forgive you and accept that sacrifice.

This is very much still the main teaching of organized Christianity (and the version of the book pushed by it in modern times), and doesn't appear to take into account the teachings from books left out of the Bible.

All world religions have a set of man-made rules to try and justify oneself to God, they are a stench in His nostrils.

You are still seeming to follow the rules of organized Christianity, just without the aid of organized Christianity.

The Tao and teachings of Buddha are not organized man-made rules (though men have turned around and made organizations around them... just as happened to Jesus). There are other things, such as the Law of One, Gospel of Thomas and the rest of the Nag Hammadi collection, Gospel of Judas, etc. that may offer you some additional perspectives you may enjoy based on where you appear to be going. Currently you are (in my feelings) still pursuing a path of division... which is the ultimate goal of organized Christianity and not the ultimate growth of human consciousness I have come to understand we are here to achieve.

Thank you for your time,
Namaste.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Rage? No.

Wake up call? Yes.

Where is your head?

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Religion has no place in the modern world. Good morals and ethics have. You shouldn't have to look for god or believe in god to have these qualities. It comes from within.

Yes and that Gnostic view is likely what got him murdered. If he existed that is.
Anyone who wanted to eliminate the church hierarchy had to go.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Okay, for arguments sake, why should God judge on our standards when He is perfect? Why shouldn't God judge on His standards? Why should He judge on human standards?

I will take judgment on his standards.
He is a genocidal maniac so his so called perfection is quite easy to beat.
Further, his perfect plan, the one that includes him having his son murdered for no good reason can be bested as well.
As to you trying to profit from the murder of an innocent scapegoat Jesus. That will have God send you straight to hell pal.

Regards
DL

top topics

join