It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple mutations found in H1N1; new BYD virus emerges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Heads up, folks:

www.recombinomics.com...

Recombinomics Commentary 00:50 March 31, 2011

In Low California, José Bustamante Moreno, secretary of Health, said that two sick patients have presented himself; one of them died

The above translation describes an H1N1 death in Baja, California. Like Chihuahua, the dead and severe cases represent a large percentage of detected cases. Media reports in Mexico are now starting to mention multiple “mutations” which again suggests that the H1N1 has evolved considerably...

...The Costa Rica swine sequences had pandemic H1 and N1, but there were many changes that would create serotyping issues and would have limited cross reactivity with protective antibodies.

This recent history, coupled with the large number of severe and fatal cases in Mexico, relative to the total number of cases identified raises, concerns that an evolved sub-clade has jumped back to humans from swine.

The appearance of this sub-clade would be likely to happen at this time of year for the same reasons the 2009 pandemic began in late season. Competing flu genomes are declining now in the northern hemisphere, creating an environment favorable for the emergence of a new sub-clade.

And then there is this:

news.sciencemag.org... ducks-felled-by-new-viru.html?ref=hp

...So last spring, when Chinese farmers noticed their prized birds were producing fewer eggs than usual, they began to worry. Egg production plummeted by as much as 90% in some flocks. Ducks were waddling about awkwardly, their coordination off kilter, and eating less than usual. Some died within days.

By the end of the year, an estimated 4.4 million ducks in Fujian, Shandong, and Zhejiang provinces, the swath of eastern China where duck farming is common, had caught the mysterious illness. And the outbreak reached at least six other provinces, along with rural areas outlying Beijing.

Enter microbiologist George Gao and colleagues at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing. By analyzing the affected animals, the scientists isolated an aggressive new flavivirus, a class of viruses that includes yellow and dengue fevers—the first flavivirus ever identified in ducks.

The discovery of what the scientists have dubbed the BYD virus raises some critical concerns. In addition to potentially devastating Chinese duck farming and the economy that depends on it, the flavivirus could put humans at risk. "Most flaviviruses are zoonotic," meaning they can be transmitted from animals to people, Gao says, "so infection of human beings cannot be ruled out."

Just reminding everyone to wash hands, don't shake hands, and keep your distance from virus magnets like airports and hospitals where you can.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yup, I knew this would happen...

But I thought it would of mixed with something more deadly likes AIDS or HIV.

Thanks for the news, it helps.

Don't forget to take your vitamins! If anyone lives near a 99 cent store go check out the vitamin C they have there.

I just picked up 60 1,000 Milligram tablets of Vitamin C for $2.00

Pretty good price if you ask me...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Shake hands.

Human contact is better for you than fear of flu.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Well, the first batch of H1N1 didn't kill 100 millions of people like they thought would happen, H1N1 was a bio-weapon in WW1, Killed around 100 million people, and so many soldiers were dropping dead on the battle field it ended the war. It originally came from Fort Riley, Kansas. in 1918. Never showed up again until they reconstitued it and made a batch from frozen bodies in 1997, The only way anyone could get it ever was for them to intentionally spread it. David Rockefeller is one of the main contributors to the Federation of American Scientist. The fact sheet on H1N1 from FAS

www.fas.org...

They believe the reason the first batch made in 1997 didn't kill 100's of Millions of people is because our immune system is not as strong as it was for the people in 1918, it causes the immune system to way over react to the point it kills. Good thing we are not that healthy..... So now they made a new batch. You can bet they have the real antidote and giving us mercury shots. jabs

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Multiple mutations do not necessary means multiple beneficial mutations for the virus, so let us hope we will be fine this time.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Wonderful.

It is about time for the media frenzy.

Can anyone see the titles?

"H1N1 On Alert"
"Flu Watch 2011!"

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just one more reason to stay alert and informed when it comes to nutrition and your health! I, for one haven't gotten sick this year, and I attribute that to my change in diet, for the better. Being healthy is very powerful in keeping you healthy. I suggest Emergen-C, a type of vitamin-packet that you can dissolve in most any drink. It's handy and has more than vitamin C!

Stay Healthy!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

Emergen-C is good..

But don't forget there are other vital vitamins and minerals for your immune system.
Zinc being a major one.

I haven't been majorly sick in years. The worst I have had is the sniffles.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Miraj because: My bad, Zinc is a mineral.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Good catch on the flavivirus.

S&F

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Heads up, folks:

www.recombinomics.com...

Recombinomics Commentary 00:50 March 31, 2011

In Low California, José Bustamante Moreno, secretary of Health, said that two sick patients have presented himself; one of them died

The above translation describes an H1N1 death in Baja, California. Like Chihuahua, the dead and severe cases represent a large percentage of detected cases. Media reports in Mexico are now starting to mention multiple “mutations” which again suggests that the H1N1 has evolved considerably...

And Australia is having new mutations of H1N1 this 2011 flu season too. Also around the same time. Emily Seebohm, a medal winning athlete swimmer was hospitalized for 4 days from this new mutation of H1N1. I'm assuming that as an athlete she was vaccinated either with the 2009 or 2010 vaccine, but apparently that made no difference to the athlete.

Link to article on Athlete's H1N1 mutated strain

Australia's having a pretty terrible flu season this summer. And Australia usually indicates how bad Europe and North America flu seasons will be. What's down under in the summer, hits North America and Europe by fall. Overall the country is having 4 times as many flu cases as last year same time. Some areas of Australia are having 6 times as many flu cases as the same time last year. Hospitals in Perth are overcrowded and short by 400 beds for emergency cases, many with the flu. Looks pretty bad.

If you want to read all the articles (bunches of articles) on Australia's 2011 flu season going on right now... go to the Australia section of FluTrackers

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Yup, I knew this would happen...

But I thought it would of mixed with something more deadly likes AIDS or HIV.

You would probably be looking for the other odd one that China seems to be covering up and denying. Reports about this one have been going on for 2 years, including reports of it outside of China in Hong Kong, Taiwan and other parts of Southeast Asia.

Apparently 2 years ago, some people posted about some virus, or something that was causing the loss of an immune system in a matter of months. Some were medical staff who said that they believed they had contracted it through touching their patients. But the bulk maintained that they caught it immediately (within 24 hours to one week) after having contact with a prostitute even if wearing a condom. Chinese government began to immediately label it HIV/AIDS fear and called it a hoax.

Yet 2 years later, reports still circulating all around different areas of China. Same thing. Medical staff who believed they caught it from patients they were examining, the bulk believe they caught it from contact with a prostitute even if they wore a condom. Now the reports are circulating outside of China in other countries in Southeast Asia as well.

While the bulk of the reports seem to be coming from a media site called the Epoch Times (which may not be a reliable source)-- other reports are coming from mainstream reputable Chinese media sources and other SE Asia media sources. Also letters were translated and posted online from medical staff. Here's an example:

Letter to the Chinese Ministry of Health, written by Yang Ruiming

An infectious disease expert named Yang Ruiming ( 杨瑞明) in Guangdong Province believes this pathogen is certainly real, and according tho him, it is not a virus at all, but rather a potent new strain of Staphylococcus bacterium. Here is his letter to the Chinese Ministry of Health:

Dear Minister

I am an epidemiology professional, 54 years old. On December 18 last year, I had contact with several "Fear of AIDS" patients, who I examined. I found they all have very particular symptoms of sore throat and white tongue. The patients said that when they first acquired this disease, their initial symptoms were: fever, allergic red spots, muscle pain, muscle twitching, weakness, headache, abdominal distention, diarrhea. This initial period lasted for some weeks, and occasionally more than a month. After this period, some patient developed long-term fatigue.

The diagnosis these patients received in the hospital was "Fear of AIDS Disease" or "paranoia", or "abnormal psychology". This is because their laboratory tests for HIV came back negative. In fact, some patients have re-checked their negative HIV status ten times. Medical experts can not explain their symptoms, because these experts have no way to identify the pathogen involved. So the patients go back and forth to the doctors. The doctors and experts have overlooked a very important test result: that the number of CD4 cells in these patients is generally lower than normal: these patients have a CD4 count usually between 300 to 700, although some patients are in the normal CD4 range. Normal CD4 values are between 800 and 1200. This essentially is the situation with these patients.

One week after my contact with these patients, I became ill. These patient said that this is due to the "destructive virus". I found antiviral drugs ineffective; antibiotics were just useful for a few days. So I doubt that this is a virus; this disease is caused by bacteria. The most frightening thing is that its transmission is very strong. I have heard of patients whose disease spread very easy, just though close contact with family and friends. I suspected this might be the case, but initially I could not believe it. However, during the Spring Festival, I spent two days back home - and 15 days later my whole family was infected! All of them infected! It made me panic. This is a real horror! I am ready to risk everything, and I decided I must identify the cause.

I have performed many epidemiological investigations. The patients told me that they were originally infected by sex workers. So I went to the brothel, and found that the sex workers their were all infected by this disease! All them are suffering from this sore throat - some serious, some not so serious, and some in between. A sore throat which can not be cured! I immediately performed some tongue mucus smears with Gram stain, and found they were positive for Staphylococcus! Although I can not afford to further biochemical identification, I have determined that it is a super-antibiotic resistant Staphylococcus.

I consulted the medical literature for characteristic bacterial species with resistance to antibiotics. There are three. Firstly Staphylococcus aureus, which can cause septic symptoms. Secondly Staphylococcus epidermidis, which grows on the skin of moist mucous membranes, including the esophagus, resulting in a false membrane: that is, a pseudomembrane (white tongue) which is not septic. Later we will analysis the method of its attack on the human body. Thirdly Staphylococcus saprophyticus; however this bacteria is not compatible with the existing symptoms and causes of this disease, so we need look no further at this one.

[snipped section posted on link]

My CD4 cells are now 386, as measured by Zhongshan Medical University, Fifth Affiliated Hospital, Zhuhai City.

from Post #64, p. 2 of articles & letters translated from Chinese to English on New Chinese Disease that's not HIV/AIDS but has HIV/AIDS symptoms

The bulk of the descriptions are the same. It seems to spread by saliva, sweat, urine, sex or any transmission/exchange of any bodily fluid. That's why some people reportedly catch it from sharing eating utensils or hugging if they are sweaty.

They first get sick within 24 hrs to a few days--vomiting. Then within a matter of months, their (T-cell) CD4 cells drop below the normal range. They go to a doctor-- doctor gives them an HIV test. They test negative. It's not HIV. Some of them spend months and months going to doctor after doctor-- each doctor giving them HIV tests. Each test coming back negative. And yet, their CD-4 cells keep dropping and dropping to the point that it would be considered AIDS. AIDS would be a CD-4 count below 600.

The medical professional who wrote the letter to the Minister of Health-- within months, his CD-4 count dropped to 386. He believed he caught it examining patients who caught it from brothels. And he infected his family.

If you go to page 3 of the translated thread, it starts talking about cases in Taiwan, Hong Kong, other areas of Southeast Asia and outbreaks in 6 provinces in China. Most are Chinese articles translated into English and reposted.

p. 3 of Tracking New Chinese Disease that Causes Loss of Immune System that's NOT HIV/AIDS

--------------------------------------
I was kind of wondering about this one...the Summer Camp in Vancouver Island where a bunch of children were getting sick. Vancouver does have a brothel problem...so perhaps it's reached there from the 6 provinces in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. And since this thing spreads by sweat, saliva, urine, and any bodily fluid-- the kids might be transmitting through sweat at summer camp.

Children falling ill at Vancouver Island summer camp
By Darrell Bellaart, NANAIMO DAILY NEWS July 29, 2011 2:04 PM

Health officials are looking into a stomach illness making children sick at a popular Vancouver Island summer camp.

Children started falling ill at Camp Qwanoes in Crofton July 9, the second week the camp was open for summer.

Testing has already ruled out known water- and food-borne pathogens. The Vancouver Island Health Authority is continuing its testing.

Affected children are being isolated for 48 hours to reduce chances the contagion will be spread.

On average more than 20 children a week are falling ill with the bug, which causes vomiting and flu-like symptoms....

Children falling ill at Vancouver Island summer camp from undetermined cause

Could be lots of things. But at the Vancouver summer camp food and water born pathogens have already been ruled out and tested. Waiting to see what more testing brings results of.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

Thanks for the report.

It rings a bell somewhere...I know I read a few odd reports about illnesses suspected to have been caused by that bacterium. Something has been going on in China for well over a year that I'm aware of, but reports are few and far between, and generally scrubbed of particulars. It's tougher than most to figure out what's happening there. Whatever it is, it's persistent, deadly, and scares the Chinese.

It may be behind the global surge in "mass food poisonings" that has been occurring over the past six or seven months since the upsurge caught my attention, although the suspect list is still fairly large on that, from the economy (poor refrigeration, lower safety standards, less trained [cheaper] workers); tainted food (gm side effects, pollution, pesticides), a new bug, to just a run of bad luck(low probablity on that one).

I'll keep an eye out now for that particular beast.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Sundowner

Emergen-C is good..

But don't forget there are other vital vitamins and minerals for your immune system.
Zinc being a major one.

I haven't been majorly sick in years. The worst I have had is the sniffles.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Miraj because: My bad, Zinc is a mineral.

This is very true!

I also know that Vitamin D does wonders for you too.

new topics

top topics

join