It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

I`d like to thank you and others for this massive pile-up of evidence in favor of something which at first sight sounds strange but at second sight all of you seem to have a LOT to say about. Great post

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I really think this is one of those marginalized topics that even among paranormal / alternative studies tends to be shunned because of a perceived absurdity.

I am glad to see this out there being discussed as I am of the opinion there is really something to this.

I think we are just now starting to get an idea of how many people have seen something and will come out of the woodwork once they know they will not be judged.

I think it would be interesting to catalog as many little people experiences as possible and begin putting them together until a common thread can be found. I suspect no less than three separate creature types being described under this single heading.

Finally: Here is another ATS thread that is on-topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So after reading all twelve very interesting and entertaining pages, I can't help but recall a story from my youth.

My parents have a cabin in Wisconsin off of a lake. Instead of taking cross country road trips, or trips to theme parks, this cabin was always where we spent our summer vacations. I was about seven at the time, and the local grocery store carried this particular cereal called Honey Oh's that we could only get in Wisconsin. I loved this cereal with a passion. So much so that on the two hour trip home I ended up eating nearly an entire box of it while in the middle seat of our blue station wagon.

With about thirty minutes left on our ride home, I was feeling full and content, having eaten much of my box of delicious cereal treats. Then I looked down to my right, to the foot room behind the front passenger. There's this little green man, maybe ten inches tall, grimacing at me. * At this point, he darts underneath my seat. I scream at my mom "PULL OVER! THERE'S A LITTLE GREEN MAN BACK HERE!" She quickly pulls over and I suddenly feel ill. Flinging the door open, I expel all my partially digested, not-so-delicious-anymore cereal treats onto the shoulder of the road. After ensuring my safety and well being, my mom just laughs and laughs.

I'm now 29 and she still brings it up with laughter. I always assumed it was a hallucination brought upon by my body realizing it had too many Honey Oh's and I was going to be sick. After reading this thread though, perhaps it wasn't my imagination, and the little green man thought it would be fun to make me suffer after enjoying my cereal treats.

The night before I read this thread, I was listening to some music on my phone when my friend from Seattle calls me. I sit down on my couch and my two cats join me. While on the phone, both of my cats' heads suddenly jerk and glare at the stairs as if they heard something. Not thinking anything of it, as they can be weird like that sometimes, I continue with my phone conversation.

Then I start to hear some rustling of papers from upstairs as if my cats were rolling around in them, as they like to do. Except both my cats are still right next to me. Then, I start to hear some tiny jingle bells, like some we have on a few of our cat toys. Now I really start to freak out. Is it squirrel or chipmunk? Maybe a raccoon somehow got in the house? My mind is trying to come up with a rational explanation as I try to repress the idea of a small goblin creature, like the one in the movie Cat's Eye. "But why would a rodent grab a cat toy," I think to myself. I get up, grab a nearby bat, and tell my friend I have to go cause something is in my house.

As I start to quietly sneak up the stairs, I can still hear the rustling and jingling. I'm halfway up the stairs and my phone, finally recognizing that I'm no longer on a call, starts blaring music, as I had removed the headphones to talk to my friend. Frantically, I stop the music, but it's too late. The sounds have stopped, and as I checked the entire second floor, I knew I wouldn't find anything.

The following day, I would come across this thread. Then I read Dock9's account of sending his story into a UFO group, and another woman contacting the same UFO group before his story was even printed, as if these gnomes were validating themselves to Dock9 or the UFO group. It makes me think maybe the weird occurrence the night before was a "hey, you're going to think I'm some tiny little green man before you even read that twelve page thread about little green men."

All of this being said, you may have noticed I placed an asterisk (*) in the first story. As soon as I had finished typing the sentence prior to it, I started to hear this tiny chime or little bell. First it sounded to be in the room behind me on my left. Then it sounded as if it came from the room behind me on my right. Obviously, nothing was there when I checked. It definitely sound like it was from within my house, and all my windows are shut. I went and checked on my cats, and they were both upstairs in deep naps.

I simply may be going crazy.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here in Liverpool we've always had rumours of small beings known as the Diddy Men who live in the Jam butty mines beneath Knotty Ash! Their leader is a notoriously nasty bit of work named Dicky Mint! lol
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantflux

You mentioned the cats looking at the noises. Having not lived without at least 1 cat in house for all but 5 years of my life I am very familiar with the little buggers and the sounds they do and do not make. Interestingly I have had many similar experiences where all cats are present and accounted for but there are cat noises coming from another room. The cats usually just look and proceed to ignore it.

I have generally just ascribed this "Ghost cats" and the sounds are exactly like cat movement.

Most little people lore when cats are mentioned tends to say they fear cats. This makes sense and I wonder if maybe little people are making noises to lure cats away so they can get to something else, or you?

This made me think of something I saw about 3 weeks ago which may or may not be related. My wife and I feed some of the neighborhood feral cats because we have a lot of nut trees, fruits, and berries on our property and dislike rodents and birds claiming our harvest. Either way there are about 10 cats who show up to eat usually (Most are fixed and we're working on the rest). As I watched the cats run up the driveway like they occasionally do for some unknown cat reasons I swear that I saw among them a cat walking upright like a person. Granted it was dark and I couldn't make it out clearly. I wrote it off as a trick of the light and movement. It has just been bugging me for the last few weeks though.

I can't find any lore for little cat people or even any other people that have ever seen anything like this. Anyway it may or may not be related... .

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I don't know if I can trust a post by a guy named Jinglelord! Were you the one upstairs the other night? HA!

I attributed it to "ghost cats" too at first, except when stuff like that happens, it's some quick thing, and goes away. The fact that the noises continued, and I could focus on listening to it is what was so unusual and different from any sort of audible oddities I've heard in the past. Same with the chimes/bells I heard today.

As for your cat walking upright story, I came across this image while doing a google image search for "duende" today.

It's actually a sculpture from an Australian artist, but perhaps she got her inspiration from something she saw (or maybe not, she sculpts a lot of weird stuff).
Link to the artist's website.

edit on 6-4-2011 by reluctantflux because: spelling mistake.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you. It is hard to just gloss over the subject matter of this thread and move on when there is such a positive response to the things that it addresses. With so many different accounts at hand, it can't be simply dismissed. Keep the responses coming people!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have been following this thread from the start and have come to the conclusion that Gnomes/dwarves exist... but I would not bet my life savings on it.

I still have many questions about them. But first I will state my conclusion about them.

When reading first hand accounts of these creatures I noticed they appear at random for the most part. Some accounts say they experienced them deep in the woods, others right inside their home. The eye-witness sees them for a brief time and almost always become deeply frightened. Almost always they play tricks, apparently for amusement rarely do they cause physical harm (biting). I have read accounts of compassion as well, which leads me to believe they have a individual personality.

What I want to get straight is how they appear and disappear. They seem to just show up in some random persons house. Obviously not everybody has experiences with them so either they target people or only few can actually experience encounters with them b/c of higher/lower frequency of mind.

I also know the mind is a mischievous and mysterious thing. Could it not be honest hallucinations? I read an article a while back stating everybody experiences things that are not actually their but vary person to person. They are normally minor things you would even think to be a hallucination but yet only you see them. I do not have the source for the information.

I would also like to know how to make contact with non-malevolent ones maybe get a few wishes

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

great thread as usual, harvested some good pictures so i thought i would leave a photo of a living troll of my acquaintance.
edit on 113030p://pm3052 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

edit on 123030p://am3012 by debris765nju because: photo will not post

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
ahhh yes the dwarves and the giants.. myth meets reality...finally. I do believe there are more than 1 variation of these beings.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Those little garden gnome statues have been around for a long time. They must have originated from some where.The one I saw looked exactly like the little statues you buy at your local nursery. It is impossible to prove subjective experience anyway, but I know what I saw.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by Wolfenz

To all of you who think it is funny to mock someone for relating a story that is in line with the original post:

You are the reason people who really do see something keep quiet. You are fostering ignorance and have no place here.

Anecdotal evidence is important. While it is not a smoking gun it allows researchers and those interested in the subject the clues required to possibly look for material evidence that could be a smoking gun.

You do not need proof when relating an experience. It is up to each listener to judge your credibility and use your anecdotal evidence at their discretion to further their own knowledge and possibly as a clue as to a solid line of research.

Before you call me gullible and immediately think that I am saying a person should believe whatever they hear that is not what I am saying at all. If you think someone is full of it perhaps you could engage in a line of questioning, or provide a good reason you think they were mistaken. Simply mocking them serves no purpose.

With that said I really would like to hear more anecdotal evidence if anyone is withholding because of people like this know that most of us are really interested.

What Im not Mocking anything what the Hell ! The Legend's of Mystical Beings is strong in my Area unless your talking about what i comment about Time bandits the Movie ! in which i compared to what some poster said and the Dwarfs going though a wardrobe like a tunnel ( Time Tunnel ) but I guess people dont hear about those legends in Ireland and elsewhere and I wasn't making fun at all Especially when it come to my bloodline ! it kinda like .... whats that movie called ! ahhh NARNIA

Please dont judge me until you see my previous post! but unless just happend to made a mistake to Repling to me instead of just Reply please correct your self ..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The only place another race could hide on this earth.. would be beneath the sea, VERY far beneath.. We have pretty much 100% of the worlds surface mapped. be it from satellites or UAV's..
I mean i'm not saying THIS CAN'T BE REAL, I'm just saying it seems unlikely that they would be around today.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well i dont know anything about a contemporary race of subterranean dwarves, but you know those myth and legends of dwarves miners are true. It was one of the well kep secret of the republic of venice during the renaissance, they hired a company of very talented and skilled miners ,all dwarves, to illegally mine in the foreign countries and provide at lower cost with rare minerals and pigments. The princes massively needed them at he time for their palaces (pigments for paints for example). You can still find in germany remains of those small mining tunnels.Off course at that time the secret was so well kept that just speaking about it would warrant immediate assasination. Wish i could find you an english link, i am not english native speaking, its not something you will easily find ont he internet, maybe if you know very specialized history sites.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

When I was a young child I had bad recurring nightmares to the point I never got a good nights sleep. They went away when I heard the bells and spent a better part of my late teens and early 20s exploring non-physical realities... Either way I've been using this username in various places for a lil over 20 years now. When I was 13 there wasn't a fear of internet predators so my parents let me play on the internet.

That is a really neat sculpture. I often wonder if artists are recreating consciously or subconsciously things that exist that they have only caught with a peripheral vision.

There seems to be so many theories for the things that go bump in the night. The most logical is that we are imagining things and it is nothing more than wind, house settling, animals and our minds going wild. I suspect there is more too it though...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just another update people, check out the first story on this video of the series My Ghost Stories...

As soon as i watched it, it reminded me of this thread...hope you enjoy..!!!

edit on 7/4/11 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I apologize, I wasn't trying to single you out you just happened to have the last post that was in my opinion derogatory towards someone who shared personal information.

I know it wasn't meant that way and I really did like your previous comment (I even gave it a star!) But at the risk of sounding like weenie I think it is very important to be extra polite when someone is sharing personal and possibly embarrassing information to help us further our own knowledge.

I do think this is an important topic and it almost never gets discussed seriously because popular culture references and outright mocking tones make people keep quiet.

Again I appreciate your other contributions and do apologize for making it look as if I was singling you out. (I can't edit it now so the public apology will need to suffice)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Not to get too off topic, but I read last night that hearing chimes or bells is from a "good" spirit or entity trying to contact you. So maybe I'm going crazy. Maybe I'm becoming more aware. It certainly seems odd that I've recently had some experiences and dreams that when I look them up online, I find correlations that are far beyond me stretching theories to make the facts match.

Also, I asked my wife if she's ever had any experiences with little people or the like. She knows I'm into this weird stuff and just kind of looked at me oddly, as expected. So I briefly explained what I had read and conveyed the story from the previous night of the rustling and jingling I had heard upstairs. She's pretty narrow minded when it comes to this sort of stuff. (Some call it being rational, logical, or using common sense, etc.) So after I tell her my story, she explains that it must've been a squirrel in the attic. She proceeds to explain that the bells were these jingle bells that we hang on the front door during the holidays. These bells are much larger than the bells on our cat toys and I insist that they were not what I heard, as they make a different sound. She assures me repeatedly that they sound the exact same as the cat toys.

I conceded without even mentioning that hearing them from the attic while downstairs, particularly as clear as I did, was nearly as improbable as a little man running around upstairs, rummaging through papers, with some tiny bells on his spear. Ok, maybe that's a little bit of hyperbole, but stay with me here. I accepted that perhaps my overactive imagination accentuated sounds, and it was probably just a squirrel in the attic.

To prove to myself her theory, or to get some self validation, I got home from work today and took a trip to the attic. Where do I find the bells? Inside a container. A plastic container that has no holes in it. Which just happens to be underneath another heavy plastic container. I jingle it around a bit. Yep, not at all what I heard. Self, consider yourself validated.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Great thread
+F,

Love the stories people add to this thread, thank you all for that, it is intriguing to read.

also, this thread made me think of this compilation on the tube.

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

In my estimation the rational people are the ones who don't make the assumption that just because a thing isn't directly perceived and is outside the current paradigm of thought doesn't mean it doesn't or can't exist. But htats just me...

To roll this back on the topic: It is common in fairy myths to have bell sounds associated with fairy activity. And if we are looking at a certain type of little person that is what mythology describes as fairies it wouldn't be beyond consideration that these bell sounds are indeed from some sort of gnome like creature.

I also wouldn't put too much stock in a lot of metaphysical writing on the internet... or for that matter even books on these subjects. The best thing to do is look at as many sources as possible and combine it with personal experience. The more information you get the more likely your guess will be close to what is real.

The real truth is nobody actually knows what is going on or even if anything is going on. All we can do is make guesses.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join