It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Its very hard to explain. I spent a lot of time in the Eastern Sierras growing up. I didnt always feel it, it was more than a dozen times, less than 20 kind of thing. Its just this presence that kind of throws out a helpful, but apprehensive vibe.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Great post. I like thinking about what different ways life can evolve. Their existence should remain quiet, I don't want society to put a dollar sign on their lifestyles and a 'DO NOT TOUCH' sign on their faces.

I never ruled out the possibility of a hobbit-like being, or hell, even a smeagol. If I can imagine it, it probably exists. Hard to imagine giant walking trees, though... detachable plant-life?

Anyways, go subterranean dwarves.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I saw one of these little people several years ago. I had been sitting up all night out in the wilderness. When morning came, I was still sitting up, but I was in a state of mind, where I had cleared my thoughts and I was just "being". I was just staring at the view in front of me without any judgement.It took me all night to reach that state. Suddenly, I was looking at a little being who was dressed like a garden gnome who was wearing an orange pointed hat and clothes. When I realized that I was staring at the being (now with judgement), He immediately knew I was now aware of what I was seeing and he ran away. Swear to God. I had never even thought of gnomes as truly existing before that time.

I shared my story many times and I found out that I was not unique to having seen one of these little people in that area. I attribute it to the state of consciousness I was in that allowed me to see him. Perhaps that is why children see them more often than adults. Children are always in that state of absolute presence, that is without judgement. I later found out that they are seen frequently in that area of the Pacific North West.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Love this thread!

I have been fascinated with Gnomes and the little people all of my life. Dock9 your encounter truly was amazing to read. I think, that they may have entered through a transdimensional portal. I think its also interesting that they were trying to get you to go through your wardrobe, reminds me of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. And how that might have been writen from a personal encounter or tales of one. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
so goooood. this thread just gets more and more amazing. so many wonderful stories.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by combatfoo2000

Good story. You went into an altered state and were given the information by helpful dwarves. It turned out to be true.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
hitler sent some of his best troops into caves looking for the drawfs. he thought they had special powers. legends have it they went into the ground because of the last deluge on the earth. This being the forth age of man now.

kx

Related: Untersberg

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hello All! I hunt for buried treasures and have been doing it for about 4 years now. So I spend a lot of time in the deserts and mountains, very quiet and peaceful areas. I had an experiance about a year ago, while out in a desert canyon, I was in a sandy wash and looking up at the hillside, just checking out the different rock formations, when I felt someone looking at me, I looked up to the spot where this feeling was coming from and,, I hope I can describe what I saw and why it felt like what I saw was more human than animal! Most animals, coyotes, rabbits, so forth,, will walk out from behind a rock or bush and then stand and look around,, but this creature that I saw, well actually I only saw his head, he was looking at me from around the side of a rock, then he slowly pulled his head back out of sight, then a few moments later, he peaked out again at me for a few moments, then pulled back and that was it! But he did it slowly just like a human would do, and not jerking it's head around like an animal, looking for danger. It's head was round, but I can't remember if it had hair on it's face or not, and I judged that it was about 2 ft. tall, by the size of it's head, I was about 50 or 60 ft. from it. This thread brought the incident back to me! I have about 25,000 pics of the areas I hunt and have seen many strange things in the pictures I have taken, but never something like this! Just thought I would share,, Peace to All!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I find it very interesting that I should happen upon this post. I would like to thank you OP, for bringing up the subject, which I believe quite literally does occur world wide. I recently heard a story locally about a "little man" and "big foot" though am wary about posting more than such. These events took place mere weeks ago and it was a sensation amongst the town. I'm sorry I do not have much more detail than this but please understand that I strongly detest falsehood along with arrogant ignorance. I have heard more stories but do not wish to relate them, given the understanding that I can reveal no evidence I will not be surprised if no one belives me.
I hope that this thread serves to aid people in their understanding of the world around them. The fact that this phenomenon occurs world-wide and that plenty of people have spoken of such encounters should not be shrugged off as myth nor delusion. Common sense would reveal that the wonders of our reality often exceed the limitations of our imagination.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Wonders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Very Interesting thread OP S&F! I have never seen any little people other than the ones we know about, but I have always thought that to dismiss our ancestors myths was about as ignorant as one could get. There are more things in this world than we have discovered and to dismiss something out of hand is ignorance in it's purest form.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i hope this works

i saw this somewhere else but apparently this is a dero

i didnt work but heres the link www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-4-2011 by nikkibee because: video didnt work

edit on 6-4-2011 by nikkibee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
here is another dero

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Even though it didn't show anything in that video, it gave me the serious hebejeebees!

I must be a hybrid myself....lol 4'8..... toos hort for regular folks, too tall for the dwarf community.... woe is me!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by RSF77
Okay I do know there are stories of small humanoids and even some fossils I believe, but metal working dwarves with magical powers?

Maybe someone exaggerated a bit somewhere down the religion/urban myth making process?

"Psi" abilities are not "magical". It is a fairly well described and somewhat understood process, for at least some elements of "Psi". If you really want to understand it from a scientific point of view, I suggest reading Ingo Swann's website "Superpowers of the human biomind". It is a fascinating process of discovery by the famed "CIA Psychic Spy" from SRI.

With that as a basis for understanding, seeing the "magical" abilities described here are not that far flung and actually begin to make sense. Consider how hard it would be to remain undetected if you could not mentally influence explorers who venture too close.

Is is probable? Not likely....but possible is definite. There are just too many stories that match up, and with added physical evidence it becomes evident that something is amiss.

Thank you very much...Ingo Swann's website is a wonderful read in its entirety and very "insightful".

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

To all of you who think it is funny to mock someone for relating a story that is in line with the original post:

You are the reason people who really do see something keep quiet. You are fostering ignorance and have no place here.

Anecdotal evidence is important. While it is not a smoking gun it allows researchers and those interested in the subject the clues required to possibly look for material evidence that could be a smoking gun.

You do not need proof when relating an experience. It is up to each listener to judge your credibility and use your anecdotal evidence at their discretion to further their own knowledge and possibly as a clue as to a solid line of research.

Before you call me gullible and immediately think that I am saying a person should believe whatever they hear that is not what I am saying at all. If you think someone is full of it perhaps you could engage in a line of questioning, or provide a good reason you think they were mistaken. Simply mocking them serves no purpose.

With that said I really would like to hear more anecdotal evidence if anyone is withholding because of people like this know that most of us are really interested.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I didn't sit here and read every single post in this thread but I think it's REALLY crazy that there are stories in other countries mythology linking these "dwarves" or whatever they are to things like magic and poltergeists... Ever since I experienced some really weird stuff going on around me as a little kid I've been into anything paranormal that I could get my hands on, from watching shows like Unsolved Mysteries to reading a ton of books about it at the library, yet this is first time I've ever heard of any kind of connection between "dwarves" and "poltergeists".. really weird stuff here, whatever it is.

The idea that some of them might have some ability to shape-shift is really damn weird too... makes me wonder about a lot of stuff, and just the idea shows what little we really do know about the world around us. The funny thing to me though is that no matter how weird or off the wall some of this stuff gets, the fact remains that there are similarities in the stories across the globe, which pretty much proves to me that something strange IS going on.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have a theory about this and many other imaginary Bogey Dudes.

I think the roots of these stories are tales to control children by scaring them into thinking if they wander off and away from the safety of home, they will be in danger from scary sounding bogeymen. I think it's that simple.

Then when the children grew up, they spread the myths and there you have it.

It's like when we went on Scouting trips when I was a kid. The Adults would always try and scare us with talk about Bears and Cougars to make sure we did not wander off on them. Same thing in play here I think.

Anyone like to go Snipe Hunting with me? Gather up your gunny sack and flashlight and meet me out in the woods.

I'm serious in that I believe that is the source of many of these stories and myths. Just like the Greeks used the imaginary Gods to control their people.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join