It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: CIA Inside Al-Qaida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The CIA has reportedly infiltrated Al Qaida but are not at a level when they are privileged to decisions about future attacks. It appears that while the group's numbers have diminished, they are still targeting the US and may have plans for further attacks.

www.oaklandtribune.com
"They are beyond foot soldiers but not in the inner circle," the official said. The agents -- Afghans, Pakistanis, Uzbeks and others recruited and run by CIA case officers -- "are more senior than the agents (the U.S. had) three years ago who were on the periphery," the official said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If you think this is comforting I would say the opposite. If Al Qaida discovers a CIA mole inside it's ranks what is to stop them from promoting the agent to a level where he is privilege to hear Al qadia plans? Disinformation to divert attention form the real plan could do more harm than good.

Related News Links:
www.azcentral.com

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I agree that the disinformation could potentially be very dangerous. But I wonder if this revelation that CIA has infiltrated al Qaeda is also disinformation, intended to foster distrust and confusion within the ranks of AQ. After all, why in the world would a senior intelligence official make such a statement? It would put the infiltrators at risk, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Discomforting maybe for those who don't know that the CIA has infiltrated Al-Qaeda. As for myself, this information is more proof that Al-Qaeda is in the hands of the CIA.

This just could be just dis-information with regard to the CIA's real position within this so-called Middle Eastern-Bin Laden-Controlled Network.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
As for myself, this information is more proof that Al-Qaeda is in the hands of the CIA.

Look where the hands of the CIA got us last time. Anyone with 2 ounces of intuition can smell the langly training and recognize a Ivy league education. I hope they don't botch this one as bad as they did last time.

Q

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sounds reminiscent of the rumor of the Mossad infiling Hamas' top ranks. True or not, it will have impact. If there are moles there, they're getting intel. If there aren't moles there, then the leadership will be disrupted not knowing who is trustworthy and hindered in their decision-making and operational abilities. Either way, good for us.

Say what you want, this sounds like the CIA took a page out of Mossads play book to me.
Not that that's a bad thing...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I agree that the disinformation could potentially be very dangerous. But I wonder if this revelation that CIA has infiltrated al Qaeda is also disinformation, intended to foster distrust and confusion within the ranks of AQ. After all, why in the world would a senior intelligence official make such a statement? It would put the infiltrators at risk, wouldn't it?

Maybe, maybe not. Its a common tactic to release this information and try to see if you can get them to do an internal mole hunt. They might start going after people withing thier own organization that have no ties to the CIA. Shake a tree and see what falls out

AF1

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Al-queda probably already knows who the agents are. Chances are they are being fed false information or are being tricked by double agents.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's quite useless. Why?

From 9/11 and other attacks we learned that the terrorists who were involved had been in training or let's say preparation(study, flight school etc) since many years but most didn't act that suspicious at all.

But what's important is that Al-Quaida did executed the plans with "long time members". People they know since many years and who won't hesitate to kill themself for the Jihad.

Those people had been advised to take flight training etc WITHOUT any specific information till short before the attacks.

Summary:
- only long time members involved in the attack get knowledge about plans and only shortly before d-day
- the planning is done by top Al-Quaida members

I highly doubt the CIA can do or gather anything if it's not some sniffed information via bugging a phone.

top topics

join