It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible to get a Geiger counter???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

The price isn't the problem. The thing is I want to get a hand on a RADALERT GEIGER COUNTER ( big emphasis added). I do not discredit other products but RADALERT sounds to me the best one to get and those are being to rare during this time making it becoming strange.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
reply to post by AnnonymousLurker

Erm sorry if you were taking it like that but I was quoting only part of the post that I considered significative to talk about. I have seen many users doing this and since I'm not so used to this website maybe it's a mistake.

2 questions comes in: is it against ATS T & C? and is it right to do this or it is a big mistake in a post to do this as it could be considered a bias?

Thruthseek3r

Regardless of ATS T&C, you only quoted the part of my post which supported your theory that there was something more sinister than demand exceeding supply in this case.

My post read as follows:

"I think there may have been a big run on geiger counters lately for some reason

Bear in mind it`s not the kind of thing that most outlets would buy and keep in stock in bulk, due to minimal demand in times of non-crisis. I would imagine that the manufacturers simply cannot keep up with the sudden influx of orders from around the world in light of recent and continued developments.

Or maybe THEY don`t want us to be able to measure the levels of radiation which are steadily increasing across the planet.......

But i`m leaning towards the former option myself."

While the sarcasm implied may be harder to detect when written rather than in spoken form, the excerpts you selected made it impossible to detect the original intention of the post. I may be new here, but I will not have my words twisted as part of your agenda to make it seem as though the mysterious "THEY" are suppressing the supply of geiger counters, when in fact my opinion is that there just are not enough to go around - a point I was trying to outline in my post which you hijacked to further your own ends.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Hijacked is a big word, but anyways... I'm not to flame my point was only to take part of your post on which I was agreeing with. I don't plan on always quoting entire posts. End of discussion about this.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Make your own. not something I could do but you might be able.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

It is for detecting Radon gas.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can also buy a Radon Mitigation Fan to help reduce the Radon gas in buildings.

It is a dense gas that can not be smelt or tasted and causes lung cancer.

It is just another form of radiation, usually it comes from rocks, rock walls, and foundations in buildings.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Thanks for the info thats appreciated

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Yup

No problem, I just thought people should know about it, since it hasn't really been mentioned.

Radon Gas is no big deal, just have to be aware of it, cause like i said there are fans around that get rid of it.

Glad I could help

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hijacked is a big word, but anyways... I'm not to flame my point was only to take part of your post on which I was agreeing with. I don't plan on always quoting entire posts. End of discussion about this.

Oh, come on! You willfully took his post out of context and made it appear as if he was taking the opposite point of view he really was. If you still claim you were agreeing with part of his post, then you completely misunderstood what he was saying and apparently still do. Man up and admit it.

It's not a conspuracy that geiger counters are in short supply. People are freaking out and rushing to get them, rather late. Wait until this calms down and they will be available again. But this is a lesson to us, is it not? If you want to prepare for disasters, doing so now rather than after the fact would be a good idea: Food, water, electricity, fuel, arms. Now would be a good time.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yes maybe I misunderstood his post I have the strenght to admit it and changing what he said wasn't my goal, so don't worry on this part. Concerning geiger counter, yes it is a bit late but I still ain't going to give up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
www.aw-el.com...

His are good, plug into your PC. Feed your radiation level straight to a website with the included software.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Oh yeh, of course we're not gonna be able to locally test like a temperature stick. Everyday those levels are growing weaker and weaker and we will eventually be left with no true reading on how much of that toxic radiation we have be subject to. I liked how it always plays out right? "The leak may be worse than first assessed" GIMME A BREAK.. I have been looking online to try to find out how to build one. Thanks Electronics degree!

-lincolnkush

"and Remember!.... Keeping your microwave ovens running all day is good for the skin!"

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well dude, i found my geiger counter at reasonably price (300$) and took two weeks to arrive.
So if you still need one check www.geigercounterkit.net/

Best
edit on 29-4-2011 by bob365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
Did you try ebay? I'm pretty sure there a lots for sale there. I would have bought one, but they seem mighty expensive for any decent one.

There's a lot of price gouging going on on Ebay to 4X and 5X normal prices. Panic is driving demand.

Try these people:

www.ndsproducts.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't know why you have to have a RADALERT or why they are so expensive but there are tons of good Geiger counters on Ebay. I made lots of posts on other forums about Geiger counters and the Soeks in my opinion is the best one for the money. They are made in Russia which from Chernobyl until now was the leading consumer of Geiger counters. The new models detect much lower and also peg out much higher than anything else. I just checked and the price came down to 269 dollars for buy it now and free shipping.

Also I think you are wrong about not needing a dosimeter. You are probably thinking of the old fashioned ones that you wore on your clothes. Virtually all of the good Geiger counters now also function as dosimeters. It is the only practical way to measure particles per minute (PPM) of radiation.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by MedievalGhost

The price isn't the problem. The thing is I want to get a hand on a RADALERT GEIGER COUNTER ( big emphasis added). I do not discredit other products but RADALERT sounds to me the best one to get and those are being to rare during this time making it becoming strange.

I was checking out Geiger counters on ebay today and they now have your RADALERT GEIGER COUNTERs there for under 600 dollars. The Soeks ones are now going as low asr 160 dollars and I am seriously thinking about getting one soon now that they are affordable to the average person. Wonder if and when they will go below 100 bucks soon. That would leave me with enough change left over to buy a tin foil hat!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just bought a brand new latest model English version Soeks Geiger counter for $132 and 24 dollars shipping. It should be here in about two weeks which is pretty fast considering it's coming from Russia!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by surfstev

Please do remember that this Cheapies do not say much,
they just give you a very rough Direction.

I have a few too and only when i use a real one from Lundlum
i feel Safe, my Radex1706, Inspector Alert or my Dp66
just look for normal Stuff but not for the real Hardcore Products!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Bull#! Lundlum is no better than any other Geiger. Including mine!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We have a little 'make your own' kit we got from Emergency Essentials. It was really inexpensive.
It is made out of everyday things. Look up Emergency Essentials geiger counter.
I think we paid less than 20$ for it. And it works just fine.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wish I would have ordered my Geiger counter a long time ago but this is the first month in a very long time that I've had enough left over to buy one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join