Impossible to get a Geiger counter???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfstev
Bull#! Lundlum is no better than any other Geiger. Including mine!

You see, a discussion with People like you is futile
because of Ignorance,
a Pancake-Detector works in a different, in my Opinion better Way
than the Cheapies like a SOEKS or my Radex1706 or Inspector Alert
(he is already better than the first named),
they look for Cesium but not much else!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Geez. You're pretty much saying yous is the only good Geiger counter and all the other ones, even the expensive ones are crap. Honestly I'm not qualified to debate your answer I do know that they are and have been the number one company manufacturing Geiger counters for Chernobyl and that they are probably the best one for the money. I also noticed since I started looking for one that Soeks are one of the most popular ones showing up on youtube videos of radiation in Fukushima. I wouldn't doubt if they are also the number one selling Geiger counter in Japan. Sorry but most of what I read up on them was about a year ago and not fresh in my memory but I would think that they detect more than one type of radiation other than Cesium. As I recall they detected two of the three types of alpha, beta and gamma radiation and many out there only detected one.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by thruthseek3r

Lol....you ordered a Geiger from amazon....lol. Do I really need to say any more?

But yeah, you can order these things through first and second tier distributors and get them in a day or so.

That being said....and this needs to soak into the brains of the conspiracy kids....there is not a huge demand for these things, if ordered from a second or third tier supplier you can expect a delay if there is a run on them.....nothing to do with your ignorant conspiracy fantasy.

I didn't read through the whole thread, I'm hoping someone pointed this out....at the same time to the op....if you can't understand why you are waiting for the measuring device that will "confirm your doom" you won't benefit from getting your radiation measuring device anyway.

The majority of Geiger counters sold to the public are to folks who dont know how to interpret the data anyway..:..so yeah, cry about your back order and scream there is a conspiracy about it. Hell, if you got your counter the ignorance that caused you to post this thread would only result in you crying about your readings you got from your new toy.....and it would be further evidence that you have no idea what your fraying about.

But no worry, as you can see from this thread there are plenty of folks around that will help feed your ignorance.

Prove me wrong. Nevermind....:.i just asked someone who is crying about an amazon back order for Geiger counters......anyone who is doing that probably isn't smart enough to even understand what the device would be telling them anyway.

And to those helping to feed this ignorance, shame on you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Talk about ignorance. Sounds as if you only read the first post! There is nothing wrong with ordering a Geiger counter off Amazon. I buy lots of stuff from there and the quality is good. I ordered mine off Ebay! What's the matter are you afraid I'm going to be getting a knock off Soeks? It's not exactly a hand bag. I think you guys are really afraid that Geiger counters have come down in price to the point that the average person can now afford to buy one and are clouding the thread with disinformation in a pathetic attempt to discourage people from doing so... Yeah. That's what I think!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Geez. You're pretty much saying yous is the only good Geiger counter and all the other ones, even the expensive ones are crap. Honestly I'm not qualified to debate your answer I do know that they are and have been the number one company manufacturing Geiger counters for Chernobyl and that they are probably the best one for the money. I also noticed since I started looking for one that Soeks are one of the most popular ones showing up on youtube videos of radiation in Fukushima. I wouldn't doubt if they are also the number one selling Geiger counter in Japan. Sorry but most of what I read up on them was about a year ago and not fresh in my memory but I would think that they detect more than one type of radiation other than Cesium. As I recall they detected two of the three types of alpha, beta and gamma radiation and many out there only detected one.

I think we both react in the wrong way, sorry for that

I tried to say (I am not native in English) that "Our" Cheapies are only very rough Instruments,
they are not telling us what we are detecting and react only for a small Group of Radiative Products!

The SOEKS, Radex or similar Products are only Instruments for Novices and soon you want
a better one which comes more expensive!

We use our Lundlum Pan-Cake Detector in a Collective, so is not really my own (only 1/20),
but i recommend it for everyone who have a lot of People, share the high Price
and you all will benefit from a better Instrument!

The Majority of the absurd high Readings we can see at Youtube comes from the Cheapies
and i watch them with a big Doubts!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Maybe that's because the majority of Geiger counters out there ARE the cheapies. I would have big doubts even if the results I saw were coming from a pancake detector.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey! I just did a search on Ebay for pancake detector. I was half expecting to find syrup to go along with it but instead I noticed that they are selling on Ebay for around $300.

Check it out and let me know what you think?

There is even a video of a guy messing around with one of the detectors. Check it out!

Is this what you are talking about?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What's the deal? How come no reply?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What's the deal? How come no reply?

Arrrgggh, Sumimasen o Kudasai

I am talking about this Types:

With a bit of Luck you can find a Pancake-Detector for cheap
but it will need mostly a Calibration, can be done on a Technical Surveillance Office,
we paid ca. 150USD for a Calibration of all our Tools but they made it cheap
because we are not People who need this for a Profession!

Here, this is from Today, done with my Cheapie because it is a Lightweight and small!

Kindly Regards

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My SOEKS Geiger counter came yesterday. I been running around testing everything I can find. Seems like the average background radiation is ,12 Micro Seiverts. My car's air filter registers a little over twice background radiation. I expected it to be a lot higher but I did change it about a month ago and I don't do that much driving.

I intend on testing a smoke detector. On one video I saw the guy got 4 micro seiverts. It would be interesting to see if I get the same.

One thing I noticed about my Soeks is that it has two bars instead of one, like I see in all the videos. The manual is very basic. It also seems to be very cheaply made. The batteries it came with were nearly dead. What scared me the most was that it listed the cheap box it came in as one of the accessories, along with the batteries.

I wish it came with some sort of software that would interact with it. I'm thinking about leaving mine permanently hooked up the the USB on my computer when I'm not using it. That way if it ever starts going crazy in the middle of the night, some day (Did that come out right?) I will know that it is time to duck and cover.

Here is a video comparing the Soeks with Radex detector.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I just got through testing a dried up puddle out behind my house and it registered about twice background radiation. Nearly as high as the radiation in my car's air filter. I live near Death Valley, about 100 miles inland from the Southern coast of California. It will be interesting to try wiping off my car with a paper towel next time it rains to test like I have seen in so many other videos. That could be a while though. It almost never rains here. It will also be interesting taking my Geiger counter with me next time I go exploring abandoned mines as well as thrift stores and antique shops.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by surfstev

There is a lot of "Free Software",
have a look:
www.philrutherford.com...

This is not all and there is much more

Regards Geigertard!

PS: Check your Energy Saver Light-bulbs

some are really astronomical high!
edit on 24-3-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
please tell me more items to test!
i have a nice old tester!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow. You weren't kidding about the light bulbs. I happened to have a whole pack of compact fluorescent light bulbs. I got my Geiger counter sitting on them right now and it's not much higher than background radiation. I did this earlier too and thought you were nuts. But then I took my Geiger over too one of the bulbs that was turned on and it went from normal background of 12 micro rads to a whopping 32,000. The guy in the smoke detector video only got 500. This is obviously electromagnetic radiation. Can any of your geigers tell the difference?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok I been messing around and I honestly don't know what to make of the fluorescent light bulbs. I still keep getting the same 32,000 reading when I touch the geiger to the back of the light bulb but when I approach it slowly the counter doesn't rise till I touch it to the bulb. If I move so much as a quarter of an inch away it goes down to 400. I even tried wrapping My Geiger counter in plastic and it does exactly the same thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I guess since nobody has commented than I am correct in assuming my Soeks is also capable of registering magnetic radiation. I should also let everyone know that I reset my instrument to display in micro rems instead of fractional Seiverts. It just seems a lot less confusing to me even though it came the other way on the default settings. I also brightened up my display and turned up the volume. The only thing I didn't understand was the "level in preset units" selection. I tried changing it but it didn't seem to make any difference while testing for background radiation. I emailed the company about it today. Haven't heard back yet from anyone. Maybe I should try changing it back from default to different values on the florescent light bulb and see if it makes any difference.

At first when I got that high reading on the florescent light bulb while it was turned on I was a little upset that I was detecting electromagnetic radiation and not nuclear but I think that's also important. One thing I know is you wont catch me close to any florescent light bulbs while they are turned on anymore. I always heard that they were dangerous to dispose of, but I never knew they were while turned on.

Gosh now that I think of it I wonder how much radiation my cell phone emits while it is turned on... hum. I just tried and it didn't do anything. In fact the radiation next to my cell phone actually made it go down. I wonder why. What's up with the florescent light bulbs? Anybody know why it set off my Soeks at 32,000 micro rems?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just got through testing a smoke detector and I got a reading of 70 mcR. Will make a video of it when I get a chance.

Still not sure what is causing the false reading from CFL bulbs.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You can find a lot of Information and what is possible
and what not here: Click hard

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
You can find a lot of Information and what is possible
and what not here: Click hard

Gov’t sources say No. 4 pool a grave concern ...Tokyo metropolitan area would be forced to evacuate.

www.nuc.berkeley.edu...

seems like any Geiger counter will suffice soon.

btw i ordered one from GC dot com last week for my business and it will be here the 6th. that site says in stock and ready to ship.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

This are old New's and means not much

The Danger is known and i hope/ wish/think that Tepco knows his Responsibility!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join