It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Secretly Authorizes Emergency Order Allowing Large Increase Of Radiation In Food

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

EU Secretly Authorizes Emergency Order Allowing Large Increase Of Radiation In Food

Kopp Online, Xander News and other non-English news agencies are reporting that the EU implemented a secret “emergency” order without informing the public which increases the amount of radiation in food by up to 20 times previous food standards.

According to EU bylaws radiation limits may be raised during a nuclear emergency to prevent food shortages.

But there is anger across Europe because this emergency order was issued while officials say there is no threat to the food.

Foodwatch is quoted “These rules now to bring into force is absurd, because in Europe there are no nuclear emergency, and certainly no shortage of food.”

If true, what a pathetic joke we have all become.

So it seems if we can't meet the standards, then we just change the limits.

It is also interesting to note that they even felt compelled to do this... What does this say about what they really expect?

First Japan....then the US....now the EU...

JAPAN:

Japan raises radiation safety limit from 6,000 CPM to 100,000 CPM!

UNITED STATES:

EPA to Help Mainstream Media Obscure The Truth About Radiation Exposure to Americans

Lovely.

edit on 4-4-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
what else would we expect? governments support the stupid LNT hypothesis, like it’s a law of the universe, carved in stone.

the LTN hypothesis

the so-called ‘precautionary principle’, (which is at the root of LNT) that seeks to reduce exposure to ever lower levels and at any cost, has not proved to be “cautionary” at all. It has led to unacceptable societal penalties.

why are we then surprised when the population goes off the deep end every time they hear the word ‘radiation’, governments are going to face an increasingly hysterical population, driven into a frenzy by ignorant reportage, from an irresponsible press, that tells their readership to jump at each click of a geiger-counter.

we reap what we sow.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b540d56ab14f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wow, as a European citizen I cant believe this and why the media hasn't jumped on it! I assume there was no consultation with European governments as usual.

Is there certain foods that should be avoided now? I know milk is always a concern when it comes to radiation and I have iodine tablets that were issued by the government about a year ago are they still viable?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Because buying radioactively infected food for next to nothing and selling it for a profit is and will always be the best thing for the Economy.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
All these deals done behind closed doors are without doubt, the greatest failure of the EU and the main reason that most right thinking people oppose greater union.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Maybe Japan isn't the cause of this, I just read a thread about a nuclear reactor being bombed in libya by nato!
thread

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

Originally posted by bladdersweat
what else would we expect? governments support the stupid LNT hypothesis, like it’s a law of the universe, carved in stone.

the LTN hypothesis

the so-called ‘precautionary principle’, (which is at the root of LNT) that seeks to reduce exposure to ever lower levels and at any cost, has not proved to be “cautionary” at all. It has led to unacceptable societal penalties.

And here is the counter argument:

Deconstructing Nuclear Experts

Given the stakes, I'd prefer the more cautious approach.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Things like this don't give me much hope for the future of mankind. The corporate cartels/banksters/Bilderbergs/CFR/NWO or whatever you want to call them will literally do anything to preserve their own twisted interests.

Of course, they will make sure the food they and their loved ones consume is not contaminated with radiation.

TPTB are truly evil incarnate.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

And here is the counter argument:

Deconstructing Nuclear Experts

Given the stakes, I'd prefer the more cautious approach.

A must read link!!! Thank You very much Loam

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Originally posted by Thepreye
A must read link!!! Thank You very much Loam

You're welcome.

I find it disturbing the number of people trying to argue that radiation exposure is an over-rated risk or even beneficial in the context of Fukishima.

I entertained the possibility, but concluded such claims are complete bunk given the actual available literature.

But I guess some people need that silver lining...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by roasted aliv3

You would really think they would learn from the Japanese crisis and NOT damage nuclear reactors. I thought our whole "Main Objective" in Libya was to free the citizens from tyranny, oppression, blah blah blah, and not kill them or cause them to become bumbling mutants!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

As an alternative to changing limits, you can also just stop measuring altogether.

CANADA:

Natural Resources Canada Mobile Surveillance Data

Please note that there was no new data collected by NRCan on March 23, 2011, and that until further notice mobile surveys are suspended.

Can you say:

GLOBAL COVER-UP?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks Loam.

haven't seen you about much lately , glad to see you back

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Just wish we were reading something less concerning.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
hmmm fear mongering much ?

If you read the EU directive no levels are being increased

Maximum levels have been established by Council Regulation (Euratom) No 3954/87 of 22 December 1987 laying down maximum permitted levels of radioactive contamination of foodstuffs and of feedingstuffs following a nuclear accident or any other case of radiological emergency [2], Commission Regulation (Euratom) No 944/89 of 12 April 1989 laying down maximum permitted levels of radioactive contamination in minor foodstuffs following a nuclear accident or any other case of radiological emergency [3] and Commission Regulation (Euratom) No 770/90 of 29 March 1990 laying down maximum permitted levels of radioactive contamination of feedingstuffs following a nuclear accident or any other case of radiological emergency

It's basically a directive to ensure monitoring of any imported foods from Japan.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Everybody relax. The food supply is perfectly fine, according to the (newly revised) radiation safety levels.

Sad to see that you guys have your own version of the EPA.

I knew it was going to be a Monday when I woke up this morning, but I didn't know it was going to be a MONDAY.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There is only one way around this and it still isn't any kind of guarantee...

GROW YOUR OWN FOOD!!!!

And get a Geiger counter.

The sad part is that the release of radiation isn't going to stop anytime soon, so this is an issue that people should be talking about more.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Gob smack me with a herring Robin!
Its grown out doors where the air contains radioactives which gather in raindrops and land on your garden which gives the veges that glow in the dark quality.
Growing yer own food is not enough.....You have to grow it safely, wash it toroghly and then maybe youll reduce the radcount in your intake from that anghle.
But you still have to breathe, and bathe, and whatever else besides the contamination in meatstuffs too.
If there is mutiple sources of ionizing radiation in the aair , then we first must find out what they are.
This is important.
I131 has an 8 day half life.....
Others have ones of 30 yrs, and 78000 yrs that i recall.
In between there are many more types of particles and irradiated combos.
This stuff is like SH%$t to an army blanket....
I have heard that baking soda is a good thing to bathe in, and also to wash exposed clothing in.
But to what extent it works i am ignorant.
It is high time we began to share research on the effects and the protections for radiations that well be likely to encounter over the next decade or so.
Perhaps a rubber raincoat, and rain hat would be advisable to wear if your out in a down pour.
The rain is no longer our friend like it once was......
The elevels of radiation cannot help but climb higher still with the further degradation of the plants reactors and storage pools.
Much of the sea water they have pumped by now has leaked back into the sea.
yet they continue to pump. where do you think THAT water will go?
We must try to stop the contamination as soon as possible, yet there apears no viable way of doing so.
From figures givn by one scientist i worked out taht there is a minimum of 13000 tons of fissile materials there iin varying states of storage to meltdown conditions...
If the meltdown material reaches down to the water table, then the whole complex may blow sky highfrom super heated irradiated steam.
There is the potential for these 13000 tons of nuclear material to be spread all over hells half acre, as well as into the nearby ocean.
We have a disaster that is near extinction level on our hands i believe.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

BUMP thread.

new topics

top topics

join