It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Do NOT Buy The Apple iPhone 4!!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

For one, the IPhone is super over rated. Not to mention, totally huge. So it’s unattractive. But the main point here is that it contains a high amount of radiation. All cell phones contain radiation. But this particular one contains a lot. And someone is acting very guilty about it too..
Apple has recently rejected an application that would allow the user to see how much radiation is being emitted as they are searching for service. This is because when you are searching for service, the Iphone4 actually emits even more radiation during that period of time. So it’s pretty much a warning to the user so that they can take precautions.

Below is the email sent to the creator, and his response.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92b494aa558e.jpg[/atsimg]

Don’t find that a bit odd? Not to mention douchey?

quazen.com...

-------

Well this isn't exactally "News" but it's damn funny how someone couldn't take rejection so he had to blog about it. That's my view on it. There is also the view that this was a legitamate email and it sounds like something that would actually lower the $$$ for Apple. Anyways, wanted to share for you all to see

What's funnier is that this had an ad for iPhones xD

edit on 3-4-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am not too familiar with the type of radiation that cell phones emit, can it be picked up by one of those Geiger counters? Perhaps someone with one of those new phones should try measuring it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I doubt it's that bad... but I'd like to see the numbers. Anyways, I rarely hold mine up to my ear since I do feel like I'm talking to a computer but at the same time, I love it... it's a great phone. This won't make me stop using it... not unless you can provide some staggering numbers which I doubt are actually that bad.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If i could i would de-star and de-flag you for this complete waste of time. The title is COMPLETELY misleading.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Don't tell me what to do.

I'm going to get an IPhone 4 because it's the best. I need a tool with gps for my extreme adventures and this baby does it all. It's simply the alpha of it's class... and that's how I roll.

Besides, there is very little time left in this cycle. Suck up the rads while you can, we will all be leaving 3D Earth within 1.6768777 years. (this number is not exact)
edit on 3-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
iphone is stupid and so is texting. i was in an elevator and two people walked in glued to their phones texting. they didn't even look up. it was like they were in some autonomous trance.

they lifted their heads, pressed the buttons to their floor, and then went back to their phones. when their floors came up, they looked up, nodded, put their head back down and walked out still texting on their phones. i thought i was in the twilight zone.

edit on 3-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

I agree, for UE it's the perfect tool; GPS, Light, Compass, Guides, and Music... of course. It's a great accompaniment to the rest of my photography gear. Oh and geocaching, it's actually really fun with an iPhone, hehehe.

Worth the rads.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Android destroys iphone.. Apple will never get another cent from me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

It's not the phones that are the problem; it's the people using them.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Don't tell me what to do.

I'm going to get an IPhone 4 because it's the best. I need a tool with gps for my extreme adventures and this baby does it all. It's simply the alpha of it's class... and that's how I roll.

Besides, there is very little time left in this cycle. Suck up the rads while you can, we will all be leaving 3D Earth within 1.6768777 years. (this number is not exact)
edit on 3-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

Not telling anyone what to do. It was the title in the link. notice the ""
This is a place where we share news. Even if it isn't from a news source. It's something that happened, like a tweet being posted.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
hahaha the iPhone 4 is one great machine. the apps you have access to are quite comprehensive.
smells like a smear campaign. my life has been greatly enhanced in ways that are totally beneficial since switching over to an iPhone.

funny how apple has enough r&d to set the stage and platform. once they released the iPad, look at all the copy companies.!

I was working with Microsoft in 2000 on a "pad" and they couldn't get it right or bring it to market... now look at all the sheep that are flowing apple. hahahaha. pretty funny realy.
listen to the pros. they do it right.

edit: without apple creating the iPhone, non of you would have droids... period.
edit on 4/3/2011 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's like people read the title and didn't bother sniffing at what else i wrote....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
its tooo late Ive already bought one . Should I be worried?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sounds like the makers of "towkon" are butthurt over Jobs' rejection and wanted to conduct some sort of smear campaign against the iphone, lol. This blogger needs to get a life.

According to techrepublic the iphone doesn't even rank in the top 10 of highest radiation level phones:

1. T-Mobile MyTouch 3G (1.55 W/kg)
2. Blackberry Curve 8330 (1.54 W/kg)
3. Palm Treo 600 (1.53 W/kg)
4. T-Mobile Shadow (1.53 W/kg)
5. Palm Treo 650 (1.51 W/kg)
6. Blackberry Curve 8300 (1.51 W/kg)
7. Blackberry Bold 9000 (1.51 W/kg)
8. Sony Ericsson P910a (1.50 W/kg)
9. HTC SMT 5800 (1.49 W/kg)
10. BlackBerry Pearl 8120/8130 (1.48 W/kg)

(source)

The highest rating comes from a phone that runs Google's android.

Most of the time people are using a smart phone for texting or Web related activities, so the phones are not being held against their head to where radiation would be a concern.

Personally I think smart phones are so completely overrated, I use a cheap throw-away pre-paid phone, no contracts, no name associated with it, if I lose it no big deal. People who can't live without their smart phones need to rethink their priorities.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
In the email itself the Sender states that they like the Iphone and it emits a low reading of Radiation.

Had you had info to back up 1 little email that cannot be confirmed...this might be a better thread.

Hell, I thought you were going to warn us the Govn't was listening in on our calls...

edit on 3-4-2011 by tracehd1 because: tech difficulties

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I could possibly find other iPhones if I somehow tracked the radiation? Another thing... Is the radiation dangerous? Plus, does it emit from iPods too? I'm on an iPod right now

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

geocaching, right on.

I like how in the Community of Geocaching they're including children in on the Adventure. =0)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
"Environmental Working Group" maintains a list of all cell phones and their radiation levels, find it here:
www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation

This site has a good paragraph on 'safe practices' regarding radiation and cell phones;
Concerns about cell phone radiation

1. Tilt the phone away from your ear when you are talking and only bring it in close to your ear when you listen
  2. Wait until after your call has been connected to put your cellphone next to your ear
  3. Cellphones emit less radiation when stationary because when you are moving rapidly — say, in a car — it must repeatedly issue little bursts of radiation to make connections with different towers as it moves in and out of range
  4. If your cellphone has a weak signal it has to work harder and thus will emit more radiation
  5. Texting, instead of talking, could be safer
  6. Keep them at a distance by putting them on speaker mode or using a wired headset
  7. The next best option is a wireless Bluetooth headset or earpiece, which emit radiation at lower levels.
  8. Hold your phone away from your ear can make a big difference; the intensity of radiation diminishes quickly with distance.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
iphone is stupid and so is texting. i was in an elevator and two people walked in glued to their phones texting. they didn't even look up. it was like they were in some autonomous trance.

they lifted their heads, pressed the buttons to their floor, and then went back to their phones. when their floors came up, they looked up, nodded, put their head back down and walked out still texting on their phones. i thought i was in the twilight zone.

edit on 3-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

... because there is SO MUCH STUFF to do in an elevator and when you are walking from point A to point B.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thanks for that. I remember reading on my droid manual that they aren't liable for any type of .. medical problems linked or something.

To everyone that posted something negative towards me, keep in mind you are probably one of the 90% that didn't bother read anything past the title.
I really don't feel like babying people on the internet so i didn't explain that my title wasn't my opinion it was the title in the link, if you even bothered to look.
Really there was nothing productive you said to me, and i'm going to flag you guys, as you desirve it. Keep note that i'm only doing this because the response you gave me is from lack of reading any part of what i wrote, or lack of clicking the link to read.

READ WHAT I SAID IN OP, THIS GUY IS MAD, I FOUND IT FUNNY, I WANTED TO SHARE.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join