It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowhunter in Colorado observes Sasquatch woodknocking behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I did a little bit of searching through the Crypto forum and did not find anybody discussing this report. From what I can find this looks to be the first time that someone has observed and reported the woodknocking behavior. I suggest you follow the link and read the report, it gets my heart racing every time.

Bowhunter witnesses woodknocking behavior outside the town of Burns

I take a couple steps to my right while looking through the binoculars and I see a log swing through the air and hit a dead tree, Knock. I quickly try to focus on the spot when it comes into focus in a small sight window through the brush. I can see a large grayish black hairy figure, I see its torso, arm, shoulder, elbow and hand clutching a log about 4” in diameter and smacking it against a dead tree, knock, knock.

What do you think? Yeah, yeah, too bad he couldn't get a photo or video, but it is a well written report coming from an experienced outdoorsman.
edit on 3-4-2011 by A T K because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Maybe that's how he plays with his wood?

Sorry, was bad wasn't it? Okey, serious now. I wish someone could get a real picture of Bigfoot, I mean with all the game cameras that hunters use now days you would think someone see something.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This report sounds plausible. Often the most credible witnesses are those that don't happen to conveniently have a camera on them. Are there any theories as to why the creatures bang bits of wood around? Signal call?

I feel like going on a cryptid hunt. Cheers for sharing this.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The scat would have been a very convincing find
Seriously somebody would be able to analyze the stuff and get a idea what the critter was. But then again who wants to pick up poop?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

I was thinking along the same lines too. It could be a form of communication. Wounder if the hunter noticed a knocking other then that area?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i think it's more of an attempt at protecting territory and scaring unwanted intruders. which it seems the creature accomplished.

the fact he thru a log over 50 yards at the hunter was a farewell send off.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Could this be the origin of the phrase "knock wood" (or knock on wood for some)?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by A T K

That is a very interesting report, and the witness does seem to be a capable outdoorsman, judging by the words and descriptions he uses.

I would tend to lend some credence to this. Thank you for posting.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
By far, this is one of the best reports about anything that I've ever read on ATS since joining in '07. I don't doubt it for a second.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

I have read (can't find the specific source I've been looking for) that many researchers have observed wood knocking, hand clapping and rock clanking (for lack of a better term ) being used as a form of communication amongst great ape species. I suspect, as mentioned above, that these forms of communication may also be used to intimidate "outsiders."

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A hunter, with a bow, doesn't shoot it? why?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
A hunter, with a bow, doesn't shoot it? why?

If I saw a creature large enough to throw a chunk of wood 100 yards, I dont think it would have trouble traversing the terrain and reaching you in a matter of seconds.

I would not fire my bow either unless it was running at me aggressively, i mean if you miss the heart or the head you just pissed something off that is basically a hairy incredible hulk.

Also, descriptions of this creature make it humanistic. I dont think I could willingly shoot something like an ape, let alone one that acts as much like a human as these things seem to.

The wood knocking to me seems like it was saying - this is my line - dont cross it.
edit on 3-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by A T K

Very interesting read. One thing stands out to me though. He never mentions any footprints. That stands out to me in an odd way but don't diminsh the legitimacy of his report. Good find

edit on 4/11/2011 by Humint1 because: Spelling error corrected

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
good read for sure! wood knocking is consistant with some great apes im pretty shure so it makes sense. the report also states that this guy never belived in bigfoot or whatever he saw untill this encounter. did anyone find out if they actually did go explore the are with this person. at the end of the aritcle they said they were planning on it.....even if this is a fake good read

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
yes, let's not anger the creature that's strong enough to throw anything 100 yards.

I can throw a rock about 60 yards. this is why I know how to shoot.

anything that strong, that far away is chancing a bad ending if you shoot from 100 yds +... I don't care who you are, there is a reason why the Army gives special awards for people shooting that far - its not easy and only a few can do it. Not everyone has expert or marksman listed on their rifle qualification.

Most hunters, I wager, can't hit past 60 yards reliably enough to have a kill shot every time.

I could hit with a guaranteed kill to about 80 yards. Past that is asking a LOT. Forty with a bow. Im out of practice, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its the fact it supposedly threw something 100 yards that makes me question this report!
In all the other reports I've read about Bigfoot not once have I read about super human strength... Perhaps this is the robotic Bigfoot that Steve Austin fought in The Six Million Dollar Man!?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA
~snip~

I don't care who you are, there is a reason why the Army gives special awards for people shooting that far - its not easy and only a few can do it. Not everyone has expert or marksman listed on their rifle qualification.

Most hunters, I wager, can't hit past 60 yards reliably enough to have a kill shot every time.

I could hit with a guaranteed kill to about 80 yards. Past that is asking a LOT. Forty with a bow. Im out of practice, though.

Sorry, not to derail the thread or anything, but a 100 yard "kill" shot (with a rifle) is almost a gimmie for most of the hunters and marksmen I know.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RufusDriftwood

I think 100 yards is doable. i think your trying to relate what a human can throw to something that weve never been able to study. which is like studying a goat and then trying to figure out how fast a bull can run.

i have a blown shoulder but i think i could throw a rock atleast 50 yards, once or twice. i dont see why this thing couldnt reach 100 yards. look at baseball players throwing the ball back from the outfield, that is a huge distance yet they manage, just imagine something with 3x their muscle mass.

we learn to throw at a very young age, before we can talk in most cases, i dont see why they would be any different. just because they dont use forks and knives doesnt mean they dont have the same skill set that we do.

shrug

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have heard of the wood knocking and stone throwing from Bigfoot. I have also heard hunters have a hard time shooting at Bigfoot because its so human like. Some of the reports actually have him right on the hunter and he cannot raise his gun because of the fact that its so human like . They seem to freeze up. Yes the wood knocking and stone throwing is a common trait of the Bigfoot.
edit on 16-4-2011 by dntwastetime because: (no reason given)

join