It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince William’s royal wedding a target for IRA dissidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.irishcentral.com...

It is believed that the threat is coming from a group called Oglaigh na hEireann (Soldiers of Ireland). However, multiple dissident units are not believed to be in operation in Britain.

Patrick Mercer, a Tory MP, said that the police and army intelligence groups are now concerned over three splinter groups operating in the country.

He told London's “Sunday Express,” "'The timing of the royal wedding seems curiously close to Easter when Republicans will be looking for an excuse to act or demonstrate."

I found the next sentence rather worrying.

He said, "There are four elements to be worried about: Al-Qaeda, extremist IRA splinter groups, nutters claiming they want to marry William and the left-wing anarchist element. It's a very complex policing situation."

So to reiterate. Muslims plan on either protesting, disrupting or committing a terrorist act, IRA spliter groups have become busier and MI5 are concerned, the police are on standby for Anarchists, protesters and anti-establishment types and the EDL have threatened to fight anyone who tries to disrupt the wedding. On top of that, no doubt the UAF will counter-demonstrate the EDL and then there's the risk of stalkers and nutters who also may target the Royals.

The police really have their hands full.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Can't see it happening to be honest. Dissidents will take easy targets every time, such as young men going to work.

I would bet the only reason they got Intel on that policeman murdered the other day was from word of mouth. Some one's aunty's friend's son. That type of thing. They are not organised to any significant degree.

They are pathetic disgusting cowards, and they will make threats of attacks against the mainland UK to try to legitimize their scrappy war against the 'British government.' But really we can see it is a war against progress in Ireland.

All that being said, the security forces in Northern Ireland need to do more to stop these scumbags. They need to realise these attacks aren't planned via email, phone call, or other traceable methods of communication. They are planned in people's houses over a pint, or a cup of tea. Therefore becoming invested in communities on a personal level is the only way to get affective intelligence, if such a thing is even possible to obtain.

The fact that a Catholic PSNI officer was killed by these bastards yesterday proves they are not interested in any progress in Ireland. The Troubles were born out of a lack of equal civil rights for Catholics and a lack of a representative and fair police force in Northern Ireland. We now have these things. We have young Catholic men and women joining the police force and experiencing equal opportunities for employment in general.

Either Republican dissidents don't know their history, or as I suspect, they do, but they ignore it because it would interfere with their murderous campaign against their own people.

Make no mistake this is not an ideological war on any level, it is an excuse for murder and mayhem, hidden behind banners and flags, very fitting with the concept of terrorism.

They are not freedom fighters, they are cowards.

Rant over.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yes it appears they are up against it!

I wonder how we got in this position where so many organisations are a threat

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have gotten to the point where hearing news report on the royal wedding has become to sicken me...who cares about the damn royals..i dont understand why in america,such a big deal is being made!! they arent anymore special than any other people getting married...i understand it being a big deal over in england but here theres more worriesome things i would like to hear reported on instead...so its their own fault if something were to happen for making such a big deal about nothing at such a bad time in the world...if i have to hear about the nonsense of the royal wedding much longer i may go crazy and become the loan nut who trys something
edit on 3-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Now they are Dissidents and not terrorists lol? This seems highly unsual because anyone who mentions Bush was bad on an airplane is automatically labeled a terrorist, yet the actual terrorists are labeled dissidents. Maybe these were freedom fighters, could be how do I know.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think a quite little wedding down at the courthouse with one wittness maybe be in order .If they had any brains they would cancel .This event is offensive to many because of extravigants at a time when people are hurting .As well as a great event to make a political statement for those effected by British policy wether local or abroad .Very provocative in a provocative time .I mean why now of all times , how long has little willy been stringing this mare along for now anyway .

top topics

join