It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchists threaten to disrupt royal wedding.- CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Anarchists threaten to disrupt royal wedding.- CNN

www.cnn.com

London, England (CNN) -- "God Save the Queen ... the fascist regime," sang The Sex Pistols to mark Queen Elizabeth's Silver Jubilee in 1977. Now, Britain's anarchists are targeting the royals again.

According to one leading anarchist protester, plans are being drawn up for a demonstration using "shock and awe" tactics to disrupt Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton on April 29.

Charlie Veitch, a former City banker who was made redundant during the financial crisis, heads a group of colorful protesters called the "Love Police Academy." He says that anarchists will put on a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well folks, I will be honest, this never came to my mind, and usually something like this would.
And once again, Charlie from the love police is back in the scene (I swear he said he was done with the love police), and is spilling the bean on what he thinks is going to be one hell of a party.

The angle that gets me the most is usually these wedding draw huge crowds, how will MET manage these two groups of people?

Personally I could care less about the wedding, (I am Canadian, who wants to see the queen off our currency,) however this tickles my fancy...
So what is your thoughts ATS?

How do you feel about this situation and do you approve of a protest consisting of fireworks, paint bombs and really really loud music as Charlie put it?

I know I will be watching the protests not the wedding, what about you?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Anarchy has finally gotten its priorities in order.

Tax payers are paying for this wedding without having a choice in the matter.

"Hey! Let's spend millions of dollars on our wedding and use the money we took from those poor people that can't afford to eat or even heat their homes!"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think that is what is really fueling the flames...
The financial issue, we all know that was peoples money not their own money.
Is it really justified? Especially in this economy.
No need to rub it in our faces... none of us will ever have such a glamorous (not that I would want one) wedding.
I haven't been more excited for this wedding. Wonder what the arrest record will hit this time. Lets see if they can beat us with Toronto G20 (roughly 2000 arrests in 48 hours)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Haha I think its pretty funny. If the so called "royalty" actually treated everyone like human beings and less like "peasants" it would'nt be much of a big deal but right now its like a giant kick in the jewels

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smokeythabear

LOL no pun intended?
Maybe the royal jewels?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

She's on our coins just like the Eye of Lucifer is on the American dollar.

I could personally care less about their wedding or how it turns out. I won't be watching it. If things start to happen, then just like you, I'll give it some attention.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I say we put this guy on our coin...
Tommy Douglas, a man who did more for this country ever than the queen did.
But I'm getting off topic.

I think this could really turn the tides in the on going protests, you guys?
I think if the protesters push the limit, there will be either a strict enforcement against protests or a huge movement.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.dailyexpress.co.uk...

FORMER soldiers have joined forces with anarchists planning to wreak havoc on the day of the Royal Wedding.

Anti-establishment demonstrators have also warned that as many as 40,000 could turn out in protest, after hailing last Saturday’s events a success.
The sit-in at Royal grocer Fortnum and Mason and trouble in Oxford Street were said to be “phase one” of the plot, with the Royal Wedding dubbed “phase two” and May Day, “phase three”.
One member explained how anarchists were working to an “army plan” and were well equipped. The 39-year-old father of two, from Edinburgh, added: “A catapult will put a window in with a ball bearing

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Anarchy has finally gotten its priorities in order.

Tax payers are paying for this wedding without having a choice in the matter.

"Hey! Let's spend millions of dollars on our wedding and use the money we took from those poor people that can't afford to eat or even heat their homes!"

Wasn't there something a while back about the Queen trying to use taxpayer money or something to heat the palace?

They declined the request because "If this got out..."

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well would you look at that,
Another interesting angle, ex soldiers.
I think they deserve to be on those streets more than anyone...
They deserve more than the royal family (even though Henry I think it was, served), they deserve the right to say no!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.dailyexpress.co.uk...

FORMER soldiers have joined forces with anarchists planning to wreak havoc on the day of the Royal Wedding.

Anti-establishment demonstrators have also warned that as many as 40,000 could turn out in protest, after hailing last Saturday’s events a success.
The sit-in at Royal grocer Fortnum and Mason and trouble in Oxford Street were said to be “phase one” of the plot, with the Royal Wedding dubbed “phase two” and May Day, “phase three”.
One member explained how anarchists were working to an “army plan” and were well equipped. The 39-year-old father of two, from Edinburgh, added: “A catapult will put a window in with a ball bearing
Ouch... this is going to get ugly. Maybe it's for the better though.

I don't like violence however... but it seems unavoidable.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Agreed...
They claim it will be peaceful, but you can't put two different types of shark in the same tank with only one pray and hope they wont kill each other...

As we have seen in the middle east, blood is the ultimate sacrifice, and too some a little blood shed now is a lot better than a lifetime of shedding tears and struggling to survive in the face of complete non-sense and oppression.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am against violence of any kind. I like the idea of anarchy, but believe that modern human beings have been conditioned to require strict social control, and that it would take decades of re-education to change the direction of this particular trend.

That said -- I abhor the very concept of royalty, and believe that these schmucks should be forced to earn their keep, just like everyone else. How they should be compelled to do so is open for debate, but I am open to dunk tanks, embarrassing dances and other forms of mockery and public humiliation. Royals are free to "opt-out" by denouncing their ridiculous claim to titles, land, or treasure.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm concerned that the anarchists might gangra*e kate middleton. Very concerned indeed. This could end badly.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
www.indymedia.org.uk...]

EDL threaten to attack anarchists at royal wedding protest

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Militant Muslim warns Royal wedding terror attack is 'highly likely'

Not a pretty combination

Yikes...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

"Royals are free to "opt-out" by denouncing their ridiculous claim to titles, land, or treasure."
Which raises the question... Why haven't they done so, already?

Cause clearly they like seeing their people suffer and can live with the deeds of evil that their bloodline is guilty of...

I remember going to see the queen in grade 7 in Hamilton... Didn't get the big deal...
we sat for 4 hours waiting for her to arrive in the stadium...
Didn't help she was 1.5 hours late and didn't even apologize, I think that says something about character... I don't care who you are... don't draw thousands of people to a place to see you and show up an hour and half late with out apologizing, hell a soldier passed out while standing in the center waiting for her...

Why don't they make a new name for them selves...?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I don't think the protesters will come even close to the couple, I do however think they could cause a hell of a ruckus that could shut the wedding short or something...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yikes is right...
I don't think the EDL would be successful...
Because the protesters will be ready to split and hell if all the power is focused on one spot... god knows what havoc they could cause on the other parts of town... hell they could start taking people hostage and start making demands...
What will the EDL do then?
What will the MET do then... when all their mans are in one spot?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yikes is right...
I don't think the EDL would be successful...
Because the protesters will be ready to split and hell if all the power is focused on one spot... god knows what havoc they could cause on the other parts of town... hell they could start taking people hostage and start making demands...
What will the EDL do then?
What will the MET do then... when all their mans are in one spot?

<<   2 >>

join