It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a Phobia? Share it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jokerzwild

I have this as well, I remember as a kid they'd try to hold me down for shots, I hated shots but I usually would thrash and flip out because I was being held down. It makes me feel like I'm being suffocated or something similar.

Just the other day when I was watching POTC, there was a scene when Jack was handcuffed to a chair...it drove me nuts. lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Soooooo...

Here goes...

Slimy logs. Not spiders, snakes, the dark, heights or anything else. Slimy logs. I think it may have something to do with the color and look/texture of said logs under the water. I am terrified to the point of screaming and crying. I refuse to make friendly with the slimy logs.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir

I have this as well, I remember as a kid they'd try to hold me down for shots, I hated shots but I usually would thrash and flip out because I was being held down. It makes me feel like I'm being suffocated or something similar.

Just the other day when I was watching POTC, there was a scene when Jack was handcuffed to a chair...it drove me nuts. lol

POTC? What's that? ^^

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalbeck

Originally posted by Avyuir

POTC? What's that? ^^

Now I'm curious as well.

POTC?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Pirates of the Caribbean?

Much rather be held down than chased. Nightmares from a child of a lion chasing me up the stairs. Fear surfaced much later after watching the movie Jumangi. I hate that movie! It even had lions in it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheeplemama_awakening
Pirates of the Caribbean?

Much rather be held down than chased. Nightmares from a child of a lion chasing me up the stairs. Fear surfaced much later after watching the movie Jumangi. I hate that movie! It even had lions in it.

Thank you for the POTC clarification.

And thanks for the Phobia sharing!

I love this thread!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i have a fear of COTTONWOOL ..

i hate the stuff... i cant look at it.. i definitly cant touch it.. i prefer it not to be in my house... and im getting goosebumps just writing this and thinking about the horrid stuff.

i dont know why.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vamp333

i hate the stuff... i cant look at it.. i definitly cant touch it.. i prefer it not to be in my house... and im getting goosebumps just writing this and thinking about the horrid stuff.

i dont know why.

Ok,

What is CottonWool?

What is it used for and what is it made from?

Thanx

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Text Blue
I have three fears myself. One, snakes. I don't care if they are poisonous or not. I hate them. This I got from living in the mountains as a child. Rattlesnakes were big and plentiful there. Second, sharks. Hate them as well. When I lived in Florida I witnessed another child get ripped in half by a great white that happened to follow the ships into the harbor. Third, heights. My step father held over the side of a beach house by my ankles when I was very young, Scared the piss out of me.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm the OP and I just want to state again that I appreciate the honesty and openness from the posters here.

It has been fascinating, amusing and a learning experience with this thread.

Thanx all and please keep the phobias coming! I truly believe it is not only informative but therapeutic as well.

BTW, spiders....still hate the little buggers!

Jude11

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have a fear of falling, not of heights though. I can go up in high buildings and do fly, but put me in a situation where I can fall and I freak.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
I have a fear of falling, not of heights though. I can go up in high buildings and do fly, but put me in a situation where I can fall and I freak.

For me, heights no problem if I'm in the wild. if it's on a building, rubber legs happen.

Weird.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have several phobia's....one of mine is: I think that most cab drivers in the city I live in (big city) are either terrorists infiltrating the United States or uncaught serial killers.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i have Angoraphobia,,,

i'm afraid of people in fuzzy sweaters..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
i have Angoraphobia,,,

That must be a real problem at Christmas!

I might have thought it was a little weird but if you read thru the thread, there are a lot of crazy, unique and wonderful phobias out there.

I love this thread!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by darrman
i have Angoraphobia,,,

That must be a real problem at Christmas!

I might have thought it was a little weird but if you read thru the thread, there are a lot of crazy, unique and wonderful phobias out there.

I love this thread!

it is a reality lol my mom had a Knit-Shop...

and all the ladys would make ME try on sweaters....
i would wake-up suffocating on fuzzy yarns in my dreams LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Vamp333

i dont know why.

Ok,

What is CottonWool?

What is it used for and what is it made from?

Thanx

ummm... cotton wool... I dont know if or what it would be called outside Australia...

its those white fluffy balls of stuff that females use to remove nail polish...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333

Yep, cotton balls.
And now I thought I was the only one in the world that hated the stuff.
It sends chills down my spine and makes me weak in the knees.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Acrophobia.
And it only gets worse if the object on which I am standing is touching or appears to touch ground.
Which is to say, I can be carted around in a plane to my hearts content, but if I am in a tall building, a tower, or on a large bridge - even going up ladders, no more than 5 good rungs - I become nervous.
I have no idea why, and this upsets me to great ends, for I have trouble taking care of things that are in excess of twice my own height from the ground.

ETA: I've noted that it may be that falling from these heights seems to be most unpleasant and most likely accounts for this fear.

edit on 6-6-2011 by AnimusInvictus because: edit to add and correct

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimusInvictus
Acrophobia.
And it only gets worse if the object on which I am standing is touching or appears to touch ground.
Which is to say, I can be carted around in a plane to my hearts content, but if I am in a tall building, a tower, or on a large bridge - even going up ladders, no more than 5 good rungs - I become nervous.
I have no idea why, and this upsets me to great ends, for I have trouble taking care of things that are in excess of twice my own height from the ground.

It's the same with me!

Planes, no problem. Buildings no problem but I can't get close to the edge. Knees buckle and won't work. Ladders ok tho.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join