It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Lights and Smells Live Update Map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Greetings:

We originally began this idea a couple of weeks ago, focusing on earthquake lights solely - without much participation. Let's see if adding the smells data to this project will attract more participants this time, as we feel that this project may prove to valuable as a prediction tool with additional data.

This thread will map earthquake lights and smells of all types by date, time, location and include a brief description of the event. We will color-code the events so as to be able to readily discern the latest phenomena worldwide. For now, we will leave the sounds to others (many threads on ATS), including radio anomalies.

All responses will be mapped real-time as you are the reporters and publishers of the information and we shall see if any type of pattern presents itself. We can cross-link to similar maps that other members are doing such as (sounds) "Rumbling noise being heard around the world..." " Mass Animal Die-offs...", etc. and others that you, the interested members, bring to the table.

The original OP (Earthquake Lights Live Update Map) has the background information on "earthquake lights":

Earthquake Lights Live Update Map
NOTE: Please do not post data to this map - use the new one with smells added, please.

For decades, researchers have detected strange phenomena in the form of odd radio noise and eerie lights in the sky in the weeks, hours, and days preceding earthquakes. But only recently have experts started systematically monitoring those phenomena and correlating them to earthquakes.

A light or glow in the sky sometimes heralds a big earthquake. On 17 January 1995, for example, there were 23 reported sightings in Kobe, Japan, of a white, blue, or orange light extending some 200 meters in the air and spreading 1 to 8 kilometers across the ground. Hours later a 6.9-magnitude earthquake killed more than 5,500 people. Sky watchers and geologists have documented similar lights before earthquakes elsewhere in Japan since the 1960s and in Canada in 1988.

Earthquake Lights & Smells Live Update Map

From what we know at this time, it appears that many of the earthquake lights appear about 30 minutes before a major earthquake. With enough data, it might be possible to postulate the birth of some sort of "early warning system," based on real-time data from enough respondents over a broad area - or pinpointed in places like Yellowstone, New Madrid, SoCal, Alaska, etc.

As a first responder and having lived in SoCal for 40 years, I can tell you that a 30-minute lead time on a quake could save thousands of lives.

How about assisting in this project which will correlate earthquake lights and smells - before, during, after - and earthquakes. The information collected could possibly lead to some sort of earthquake prediction system here within ATS if the data can be analyzed for some sort of predictive pattern. The idea is to collect the correct data from the start - and as soon as possible IMHO.

I, personally, would welcome any advice/help/suggestions/interested parties to make this idea better and a reality sooner.

It might be interesting to see if any of these lights and smells happen with regularity before/during/after an earthquake. Or were there smells and lights and the EQ hasn't happened as yet - perhaps weeks/months later and we really do not have enough data to make an informed decision as to the amount of time between events...?

Please help to spread the word to as many people as possible to quickly build the database as this information and map may prove to be quite timely - especially to people in the Yellowstone/New Madrid/West Coast/Alaska areas.

Earthquake Lights Map Live Update

Thank you for your time and consideration.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

tfw

Dodged a Solar Bullet

Global Emergency & Disaster Info

Cometgate! Elenin + 2005 YU55 + Nibiru

Surviving the American Food Crisis of 2011

Earthquake Lights & Smells Live Update Map

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

edit on 2/4/2011 by thorfourwinds because: wanker alert

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Great idea

There were earthquake lights seen before the Chile earthquake last year - hope that'll be of help for your map

Flashes and lights (possibly caused by transformers) in this video:

Interviewee describes lights before the earthquake:

And lights seen from 0:20 in this one...

edit on 2/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

on google maps,, it gave me directions to your house....!!??!!

do you want people coming over for coffee???

LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

on google maps,, it gave me directions to your house....!!??!!
do you want people coming over for coffee???
LOL

Greetings:

Thank you for the thought, but, actually, the spot on the map is where we keep our fireboat.

Come on up for coffee - meetings are on Monday evening.

We're always looking for more volunteers at the Fire Department.

In Peace & Light
tfw

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Greetings:

Here's the video that corresponds to the Quebec, Canada 29-3-11 report and video of sulphur smells and the subsequent 3.5 M EQ the same day.

These things seem to be on the increase, so let's all keep our eyes open for ANYTHING out of the ordinary. I took notice of the many videos on youtube about animal behavior before the quake... another map, or an addition to this one? Probably not enough data as yet, but that's what we're changing...right?

Earthquake prediction is not something that I do not take lightly - I'm certainly no expert on anything - but it is curious to note that these disparate events all seem to be connected. With enough data and some expert assistance, we just might be able to do something constructive.

Now, to be able to feed all this into a Cray and be able to get an advance warning...

Thank you for your time and consideration.

These challenges to life and sanity on this planet must be met with clear minds and sound hearts, so may your 2011 see you embracing its highest potential and onward through the fog!

In Peace & Light

tfw

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I posted on the old thread soo here it is again:

We just observed earthquake lights for about 10-20 minutes to the southwest of our location in Kentucky. The general direction of New Madrid! I've never seen these weird lights before! A relatively small bright spot in the sky with pink to the right and blue-green colors to the left of it. In the middle it was yellowish-white. It came for a few minutes and went away then returned for a few minutes in the same place in the sky.

Also a sulfur smell in our water which has never been there before until a few weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I saw this movie the other day called Aftershock. Just before the quake they show the same strange lights and never explain what they are..

Here is the scene

top topics

join