It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible extraterrestrial/cryptid/demonic creature, need help identifying.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by Wonderer77

While the story is nicely crafted, to me it doesn't make sense in the finally analysis.

Assuming this is just a story, which, in my opinion, is a valid assumption, I disagree with the above - I find the story to be neither well-crafted nor particularly creative. There were just too many questions and arguments not anticipated by the 'writer.'

Besides, aren't 'nicely crafted' and 'make sense in the final analysis' sort of mutually inclusive?

So, you're reduced to shooting the messenger?

The story "works" if you accept it as a throwaway story. Factually, if picked apart, it does not. The author (you?) wasn't shooting for a Pulitizer.however, and it was evident.

I'd like you to tell me what's wrong with my original post, Captain One-trick. Sure, it may sound unrealistic, and sure, I played it up a bit, but there is nothing in there that is just so impossible that it makes the retelling a lie.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterCrix

If you're coming here for help, then you should not be 'playing it up'. Stick to the facts as they occurred.

If you're here to tell a story to entertain, then play it up all you want, but don't get butt-hurt when people pick it apart.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Take a look at this - sighting in Elk County.

Scroll to the bottom for snaps - mangey, sick, skinny bear.

Elk County skinny bear

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You seem very insistent so I did a little digging.

Came across this report from pennsylvania

SEPTEMBER 18, 2004 DARLINGTON TWP., BEAVER CO. PA

A witness had let her dog out when she heard heavy footsteps approaching. The dog sniffed the air then went about his business. The witness from the light of her dusk-to-dawn light observed a creature wuth red eyes. She claimed that the creature’s face looked like a perinese (sic) dog. The creature was covered in white fur. The creature observed the witness for several minutes and slipped silently into the forest. After receiving the report my wife and I investigated the area on 10/9/2004. We measured the limb where the witness stated the creature was standing. At eye level it was 6’10”. We also investigated the surrounding area but found no physical evidence.

Source: centerforunexplainedevents.com...

Could the creature you saw have been some kind of monkey or ape (perhaps a new species). Did it resemble these images of baboons in any way (the large teeth made me think of a baboon like creature) www.google.co.uk...< br />

Some other links from google

www.youtube.com...

www.rense.com...

hubpages.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here's more info for you

Pennsylvania Sightings

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't know you, and I have no reason to believe you're lying. Therefore, I'm going to take your account at face value, accept that you saw exactly what you say you saw, and you're scared and confused, and reply on that basis.Note, dear skeptics, that I'm not saying I absolutely believe the OP, but I do think he's entitled to a serious and hopefully helpful reply, just in case.

I, myself, have been witness to a strange creature which appeared in my kitchen some years ago, which no one except my ex-husband (who also saw it) believes. That was a one-time deal and I never saw it again, but it did cause me to be less skeptical about others' stories of bizarre things they've seen.

Your account reminds me somewhat of events reported at Skinwalker Ranch, particularly the account regarding

large animals with piercing yellow eyes that they say were not injured when struck by bullets
and many reports of balls of light and other UFOs.As best I remember from reading the book a while back, the animal encountered at Skinwalker Ranch early on appeared as a very large wolf and was seen on several occasions.

Your description also brings to mind the Dover Demon, which although hairless was also reported to be white and had large orange eyes as well as long, spindly limbs and the ability to climb.

I suggest to you that it's possible you have a portal in the vicinity of your home. Granted, portals rank slightly above leprechauns as regards them being taken seriously, but my own personal theory of how the world works happens to include them as being the mostly likely and simplest explanation for many things.This creature may be coming through from another place unintentionally, or it may have come through a temporary portal that is now gone and has left it trapped in our world. In either case, it's likely to be similar to a "normal" wild animal. It is possibly just as scared and confused as you are, and may not mean you any harm. Consider the possibility that instead of it being "after you," it's simply in your area, doesn't have anywhere else to go, and doesn't know what to make of you any more than you know what to make of it.

I also know from personal experience that getting pictures of things that take you by surprise isn't very easy, even when it's something as "mundane" as a bobcat that appears right outside one's home, but I do suggest that you invest in a cheap digital camera. If you do have a portal in your area, you may have the opportunity to capture the beast, or something else equally strange, in the future. If you can't get to a Wal-Mart, you can buy one online and have it shipped to you.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer77

While the story is nicely crafted, to me it doesn't make sense in the finally analysis.

Assuming this is just a story, which, in my opinion, is a valid assumption, I disagree with the above - I find the story to be neither well-crafted nor particularly creative. There were just too many questions and arguments not anticipated by the 'writer.'

Besides, aren't 'nicely crafted' and 'make sense in the final analysis' sort of mutually inclusive?

So, you're reduced to shooting the messenger?

The story "works" if you accept it as a throwaway story. Factually, if picked apart, it does not. The author (you?) wasn't shooting for a Pulitizer.however, and it was evident.

You are a bit sensitive, aren't you? Is this your response to anyone who may disagree with a statement you've made? I'm certainly not understanding the basis for your accusation that my reply somehow makes me a suspect of writing this stuff, but please allow me to apologize for any 'attack' you may have imagined.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Any chance you could give us the story again without the 'spicing up'?

Ive suggested a mangy bear already but I'm willing to suggest it again as you ignored my initial post....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
@Hhott, the dover demon again has some similarities, but this creature climbed with hooked claws, a cross between paws and sloth-like claws, and the back legs were like a canines. This was not a bipedal creature, and I think I can safely rule out a bear. It had distinctly canine features, and was a quadraped. I have read into portals, and while not the most credible thing.. I don't think I can rule them out right now though. The skinwalker ranch seems similar to what I saw, but there is nothing about them being able to climb, and those sound much larger than the creature I saw Thanks, though!

@UKTruth, I doubt its a bear, very highly.

@Marsattax, it had climbing skills similar to some small primates, but it was certainly not one, no way. I wish I had some sort of artists rendition so everyone else gets an idea of what it looks like

@Wonderer and Alienus, take your fight elsewhere.

EDIT** @Versa, sure I Can, when Im a bit less busy. The only thing I added was a little bit more detail in some things, its not like it was 50% real 50% a lie, it was just adding a bit to make it a little more exciting and, well, storylike. It just comes with being a writer, and now that I look back on it, it seems less believeable. And last time I check, bears cant move that fast, nor climb things with such ease and grace.
edit on 2-4-2011 by MasterCrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterCrix
@Hhott, the dover demon again has some similarities, but this creature climbed with hooked claws, a cross between paws and sloth-like claws, and the back legs were like a canines. This was not a bipedal creature, and I think I can safely rule out a bear. It had distinctly canine features, and was a quadraped.
\

My guess is a rather ill fox, coyote or raccoon.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by MasterCrix
@Hhott, the dover demon again has some similarities, but this creature climbed with hooked claws, a cross between paws and sloth-like claws, and the back legs were like a canines. This was not a bipedal creature, and I think I can safely rule out a bear. It had distinctly canine features, and was a quadraped.
\

My guess is a rather ill fox, coyote or raccoon.

Again, none of those things can even begin to match the speed that this animal had, or the climbing prowess. I can see a raccoon being a rather good climber, but I have never seen a raccoon that looked even remotely like this. When it jumped onto my shed, it leapt with a powerful pounce, going higher than my head, catching onto the wall of the shed, and repeated the process, then it was on top. It isn't like it scurried up, it LEAPT up.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Double post, sorry
edit on 2-4-2011 by MasterCrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So, to recap, this creature was:

Pure white fur on its back, legs and bottom hairless

Sunken, black rimmed eyes, two blood red glowing eyes

Visible ribs

A snarling, otherworldy howl/bark/growl

Hooked, sharp claws that it uses to scale buildings/trees

An apparent affinity for fish, as it loved dining in the creek, and eating my fish compost.

about 3 feet in size

Long, gangly legs, disproportionate to its body

Not to worry, it's only Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

So, to recap, this creature was:

Pure white fur on its back, legs and bottom hairless

Sunken, black rimmed eyes, two blood red glowing eyes

Visible ribs

A snarling, otherworldy howl/bark/growl

Hooked, sharp claws that it uses to scale buildings/trees

An apparent affinity for fish, as it loved dining in the creek, and eating my fish compost.

about 3 feet in size

Long, gangly legs, disproportionate to its body

Not to worry, it's only Nancy Pelosi.

Wow, this place is possessed then. I'm burning it down and then burning the ashes. Satan in my backyard

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure what it is. . .but I'll type some random stuff anyway. This post is totally off topic isn't it?? Or is the fact that I mentioned, barely, the subject of the topic the defining factor that makes my post totally relevant?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As others have said, sounds like a diseased coyotes. They are always around tucson, in my neighborhood, and it kinda describes one with some sort of disease. But then again, the whole story itself seems a tad unbelievable to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
AN ALBINO CHUPACABRA????????

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
MasterCrix, i believe yous saw something that you find hard to describe without embellishing. And its rather insulting isn't it when many on the forum assume that you are not telling the truth or hysterically misidentifying and animal just because the description is something beyond there personal experience. Don't take it to hard. there are many people who see things like you have on a daily basis and it never even reaches forums or the news. The world is a strange place and there are more beneath this sky than we can possibly imagine.Actually, i feel sorry for those who cant imagine, even for an instant, that there might be something out there that is not within the realms of mainstream science. I give you kudos for having the guts to come forward and state your encounter.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Come on this 2011 u have an internet connection and a pc but no cell phone with a cam or any sort of Imagery equipment i find that hard to believe

And People from now on no more stories about encounters with things and no take a pic of it bcz it sucks reading a whole post and not see the thing u saw anyone agrees

PS : Can u put some meat outside again in an attempt to bring the thing back and MAYBE take a photo or did it just STOP coming back ??

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by B4Truth
Come on this 2011 u have an internet connection and a pc but no cell phone with a cam or any sort of Imagery equipment i find that hard to believe

And People from now on no more stories about encounters with things and no take a pic of it bcz it sucks reading a whole post and not see the thing u saw anyone agrees

PS : Can u put some meat outside again in an attempt to bring the thing back and MAYBE take a photo or did it just STOP coming back ??

Ok, I'd like to see you go and find Bigfoot or a Lizardman and run straight up to him with a camera that has flash on and see what happens. It isn't going to end well, and low quality pictures won't do much of anything for my case besides make it less believable.

And I have tried placing fish compost in my garden, to no avail. It is no longer in the area, if this world at all.

@Mari, thank you, that's what I've been trying to get across. This creature was not something that I misidentified, it's behaviors and climbing skills were not any of the animals that have been suggested so far, and I can seem to think of anything that can come close. I don't think I will ever know exactly what it was. Hoping that perhaps someone else had seen something like this, but it appears that no one else did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join