It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality at soccer game caught on camera.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This cop went WAY out of line. I can't believe he slammed his head like that...no excuse.
I love cops. Some seem to be at the right place at the right time. They can be a little grumpy, but that's expected with such a job and in such a society. But not this. This is ridiculous.

mediaoftheday.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Looked more like someone resisting arrest and there's not much else the cop could do.

Brutality?

Man I'm the first to call them on it, but this isn't it...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Did you see him slam his head? Choke him out? Not typical police procedure.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

To be honest it was a Choke Hold to restrict his bodilly movement, in all fairness the guy shouldnt have resisted arrest

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This cop is obviously a wannabe MMA fighter who wanted to try out some of him amature Brazilian Jujitsu on this poor guy. We he got bored of trying to put him to sleep with that rear naked choke he slams his head into the ground. It looked very dangerous from start to finish.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by badw0lf

I did. The cop was trying to outdo the persons resistance, and it looked to me as if the guy let his head go, which resulted in the cop applying more force than he needed, but still, this guy was completely resisting even while his mates were telling him to just stop.

I can't see how this could have been handled any difference.

It's not brutality.... Rodney King's beating is brutality....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
That clearly is police brutality. I have no idea why the people above say he's resisting arrest! He's clearly no resisting arrest but more reaction to the situation of being stranguled by the officer which ANYONE would do in that situation. Then the head slam is clearly an act of violence and way over the top.

Its police brutality, he should be suspended and up on assult changes in court.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

He not resisting arrest! as ive stated he's clearly resisting to being stranguled which u also would do. I cant believe u really think that was acceptable and think he's resisting. His friends where clearly referring to the over the top act of the police. Am am work and dont have sound, is there sound here? What is being said?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by badw0lf

I did. The cop was trying to outdo the persons resistance, and it looked to me as if the guy let his head go, which resulted in the cop applying more force than he needed, but still, this guy was completely resisting even while his mates were telling him to just stop.

I can't see how this could have been handled any difference.

It's not brutality.... Rodney King's beating is brutality....

Oh come on. No one would be able to do anything other than resist arrest if some home taught jujitsu amature was on their back trying to cut the blood and oxygen to their head. Which is exactly what he was doing by the way and it is extremely dangerous.

I know that I wouldn't be able to lay there and let someone practically strangle me to the point of passing out. This is definetely a case of police brutrality before you even factor in the face smash at the end.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
He was resisting arrest so the guy in green was in the wrong there but the copper slamming his head down like that.............yeah the copper was in the wrong and that is not how Police are trained to take someone down and keep them down.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drustew
I have no idea why the people above say he's resisting arrest!

Because it is very obvious that he IS resisting arrest.... if you do not want the police to use force against you then do not resist arrest!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

It's not obvious to me. He's resisting being choked. Big difference.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by dereks

Correct!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drustew

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by dereks

Correct!

Without the rest of the video you're basically assuming that the cop threw the "chokehold" on him for no reason.

We come into the video conveniently at the halfway point where whatever the "victim" may have done is absent and only the officer is applying force.

I'll wait until I have the full scene before I make a pronouncement of brutality or not but from what I see and what I know; all this is, is a man who was resisting being restrained and finally giving in. Without the rest of the video it would be irresponsible to begin casting blame.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
To be honest, we don't have the full story here.

The two guys could have been minding their own business for all we know and got jumped on by the Cops.

They may be being arrested for a minor offence.

They may be being arrested for a major offence.

Or they could already be wanted criminals for something major.

If we knew these things, we can then decide whether the use of such force was necessary.

Although, that head slam was pretty callous by any means. By the sound of it that guys head hit the floor pretty hard, which could actually kill someone.

I'm wondering if he did actually knock the guy out? He seems to go all floppy after his head hits the floor.
edit on 2-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Although, that head slam was pretty callous by any means. By the sound of it that guys head hit the floor pretty hard, which could actually kill someone.

I'm wondering if he did actually knock the guy out? He seems to go all floppy after his head hits the floor.

I'm not so sure, watch it again, the sound is more of a "slap" which could just as easily come from the mans open hand hitting the pavement.

He also moved after having his head hit the ground, he's probably stunned at that point which causes him to essentially freeze (why the officer has to tell him once again to put his hand behind his back).

It appears he might be out of it after that at the very end of the video. Still need more to judge it properly.
edit on 4/2/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just as the guy trying to resist being CHOKED puts his hands up to show he is submitting the turdburgling pussycopper slams his face into the ground whilst he can't defend himself against the impact of a over juiced copper slamming is head into the concrete floor...

... anyone saying this is not brutality is a complete whopper who obviously has never been choked by someone - last person to choke me (pub fight) got an uppercut to the bollox off me after I caught my breath.

I would not resist arrest but you bet your hairy arse I would resist and retaliate to being choked- regardless of who it was!

EDIT TO ADD - It is completely irelevant what happened before the arrest! - The issue is the copper slamming the guys head into the ground AFTER he has submitted - as in there was NO reason or need to do it! FACT
edit on 2/4/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

I'm not so sure, watch it again, the sound is more of a "slap" which could just as easily come from the mans open hand hitting the pavement.

He also moved after having his head hit the ground, he's probably stunned at that point which causes him to essentially freeze (why the officer has to tell him once again to put his hand behind his back).

It appears he might be out of it after that at the very end of the video. Still need more to judge it properly.
edit on 4/2/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

I didn't notice the hand slapping on the floor first time round, so that could account for the noise. But he still slams his head into the floor which I think is unnecessary.

Regardless, just a little more force and that could have turned out very very bad for both the Guy being arrested and the Officer.

It may already turn out bad for the Officer.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Problem is: when someone submits to the officer

1) If officer stops applying force said person can regain upper hand and injure the officer. Anyone who has already been fighting with an officer and resisting arrest can be assumed they will continue.

If a submissive pose was met with an ease of force by the officer the person could use it as an opportunity to renew his fight from a better position, escape entirely or injure the officer.

2) I don't know anyone who can switch adrenaline on/off easily and quickly. If you get into a fight with a police officer (people who are trained to deal with everything from housewives to homicidal maniacs) you are going to get hurt and it's not always going to be police brutality.

We need the rest of this encounter but frankly, slamming his head down is not brutality. It's a proper application of force to prompt compliance from someone who has been resisting.

If it had been done onto a pillow rather than a concrete slab there would no doubt be people claiming the cop was trying to suffocate the man.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It seemed as if he was resisting prior to getting his head slammed to the concrete floor but at that point he seemed to be relatively compliant except for the fact that he didnt have his second hand behind his back. The police should be responsible for any medical bills and there should be an incident report. The policeman lost his temper as evidenced by the swearing also. Unfortunately for the person on the ground the cop was flushed with adrenaline from the fight and it manifested (via frustration) by slamming the guy's head down. All he had to do was repeat the command (hands behind your back) and then just grap his hand and do it for him. I think the guy was confused more than noncompliant at that point (possibly drugs and alcohol).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join