It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality at soccer game caught on camera.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

But what if the Man had ended up in hospital with severe head injuries or had died from a hemorrhage caused by his head being slammed into the floor?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
But what if the Man had ended up in hospital with severe head injuries or had died from a hemorrhage caused by his head being slammed into the floor?

Then he would have learnt his lesson, do not resist arrest!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wow.

I have just wrote a thread about people ignoring the rights of police then I find this.

This is not police brutality, this is two police officers who have came across two law breakers who have then resisted arrested. It’s at Football game so there is probably a crowd of people just of shot egging the two criminals along, in fact you can see one of them in the video. So the police are outnumbered, and have to wrestle with two violent criminals. This is not police brutality its upholding the law, its why I hate videos like this they are always out of contest. How do you for example those two officers haven’t just broken up a gang rape of a kid.

Let’s face it, some people just hate the police.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Wow.

I have just wrote a thread about people ignoring the rights of police then I find this.

This is not police brutality, this is two police officers who have came across two law breakers who have then resisted arrested. It’s at Football game so there is probably a crowd of people just of shot egging the two criminals along, in fact you can see one of them in the video. So the police are outnumbered, and have to wrestle with two violent criminals. This is not police brutality its upholding the law, its why I hate videos like this they are always out of contest. How do you for example those two officers haven’t just broken up a gang rape of a kid.

Let’s face it, some people just hate the police.

You seem awfully sure that these two are violent criminals, care to enlighten us how you seem to know this? Because they are Soccer fans?

Resisting and violence are not the same thing. The only violence I see in this video is from the Police Officer.

I personally am not Anti-Police, and I even stated that we can't form any conclusive opinions because we don't know the full story in an earlier post. But I do feel the head slam was unnecessary.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

They are resisting arrest, it’s logical to assume that they were violent. Let’s face it you’ve got what 49 seconds of footage to go by so you can’t really argue that I am wrong as it is logical that by looking at those 49 seconds that they are violent in some way.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by gandhi

To be honest it was a Choke Hold to restrict his bodilly movement, in all fairness the guy shouldnt have resisted arrest

When one is being choked, especially with the ferocity that cop put forth, it is a natural, instinctive reaction for a human being to "resist" in order to free oneself from potential bodily danger. If someone had his or her arm wrapped around my neck and had me in a python-like grip, i would struggle too--both intentionally and instinctively.

Pretty simply.

That cop was way outta line.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by skitzspiricy

They are resisting arrest, it’s logical to assume that they were violent. Let’s face it you’ve got what 49 seconds of footage to go by so you can’t really argue that I am wrong as it is logical that by looking at those 49 seconds that they are violent in some way.

How do you know the Guy wasn't resisting because the Police had no right or reason to arrest them with force? Based on the 49 seconds of footage, you can't really argue I'm wrong either.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drustew
reply to post by badw0lf

He not resisting arrest! as ive stated he's clearly resisting to being stranguled which u also would do. I cant believe u really think that was acceptable and think he's resisting. His friends where clearly referring to the over the top act of the police. Am am work and dont have sound, is there sound here? What is being said?

One has to wonder how you end up in that position, while the guy next to him on the ground in cuffs is not also being strangled, and his mates are telling him to stop resisting.

I guess, he's just really really unlucky!

No, his friends were clearly talking to him.... get some speakers..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

ugh, what is a cop supposed to do, tickle him into submission? Let the person get up and run away while being put under arrest?

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!

I tell you what, you go and put yourself in the same position - get arrested.

Then enact one of 2 outcomes.

1: Let the officer arrest you as you have committed an offense, and dictate to us how that works out.
2: Resist with every bone in your body..... and do the same.

Tell us which one causes you more harm. And which one causes the cop to use more force.

This was NOT brutality... You damn whimps wouldnt know brutality if it waved a purple banner in your face and called you darling.....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

A police arrest inside Qualcomm Stadium in San Dieog during Tuesday's Mexico-Venezuela soccer game got out of hand. It was all caught on tape...
...He admits he was drunk, and didn't want to leave the stadium after being ejected. A soccer fan with a cell phone video camera, caught a police arrest out of control. You see 26-year old David Rangel of Southcrest struggling with a San Diego police officer. The officer puts Rangel in a choke hold. Then seconds later - - Rangel's head is slammed to the ground. The rowdy Mexican fan ended up with a bloody face along with three stitches to the eye. Minutes before, security kicked out Rangel and his friend for being too rowdy....
...Kanaski said, "It's called a carotid restraint, and we are taught if you could put it on. You can do it. Once it doesn't work you try to figure another way to get things done." San Diego police are doing an internal review of the arrest...
...Rangel goes on to say he doesn't even remember getting roughed up by police. Rangel now faces resisting arrest, public intoxication, and battery on an officer charges. As for the police officer's involved they continue their usual patrol work.

Source

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If you re-view that video, the man with the hat that comes into view about half-way announces "that is my son"! I doubt he was a criminal.

However, that being said, I don't know what is going on here. We are viewing half of the story.

Though, I'm not sure what to make of the head slamming. It seemed a bit too much.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I don't know the whole story, but I do have to say that the cop was not very well trained in how to subdue the man. There were a few key chances for him to take the upper hand without slamming the man to the concrete via his face. Strangulation is a defensive move/option.

A decent high school wrestler could have whooped that cop in a heartbeat. I think this is a training issue more than anything.

Edit to add: It's clear to me that he was resisting arrest.
edit on 2-4-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join