It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, can anyone PLEASE get some independent info/pics of COMET ELENIN and put the matter to rest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Loads of debate whether this Comet Elenin is "influencing" Earthly disasters.
Some say that its even a brown dwarf or the mysterious Nibiru!

So far I haven't found any credible pictures on the internet on Comet Elenin and I'm betting my socks some sceptics don't even believe the astronomers who track Comet Elenin.

So heres a little task I hope people are willing to participate to hopefully prove/disprove that this Comet Elenin is the bad guy:

1) Either take pictures/gather info on Comet Elenin all by yourself
2) Ask the local astronomer to do it for you, and be around while he/she does it.

Due to the highly elliptical orbit of Comet Elenin I expect it'll takethousands of years before it passes earth again so even if it turns out not to be some sinister Earth destroyer - you can atleast take some neat pictures of it for the hell of it!

Right now, Elenin is pretty far away from the Earth and the closest its gonna be near Earth is on the 17th of October 2011 - ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

But bare in mind that this close encounter is also supposed to cause something "bad" to the earth as predicted by Doomsayers, so if possible, try and get all the info and pics before this date please!

I'll also be participating in this due to the fact I have some contacts with astronomers/scientists - but I don't know when they'll be willing to allow me investigate - I'll still keep ya'll updated though.

Happy Hunting!

Closest Encounter - Oct 17,2011:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34e1a5dbda16.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 2-4-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Read this then see if you really care anymore about that silly comet

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Just posted this in another thread, should help out I hope.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Taken on March 13 at a mag of 17.2

details are on the picture.

Pics were found here.
edit on 2-4-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

mmm shiny

Looks pretty big in the redden image.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
People say 4km wide where is the info to say that as NASA doesn't have that listed

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It's hard to tell really, the same guy has made a video of it wich shows it's movement.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I only had 30 minutes to observe the comet, but here's my first image of Elenin taken tonight:
i319.photobucket.com...
It's incredibly faint, about as dim as a magnitude 17 galaxy also present in the image (though Elenin itself may have a true apparent magnitude slightly brighter than that as the luminosity in the image is also determined by the amount of area the light is spread over), but it's definitely there (this is a stack of about 6 frames, there are many more but most were disrupted by high winds) and it's right where its orbit says it should be according to astrometric analysis. Please excuse the image quality; this camera emphasizes speed at all costs, which is why it's well suited to live viewing, but the trade-off is a much higher noise level in the image. In any case, this camera is infrared sensitive, and there's no way a brown dwarf that close to earth would be that dim. It's just a comet, and at the moment it's a very faint comet. You can't even see it by eye through modestly sized telescopes yet.
edit on 3-5-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join