It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat show gone wrong - just had to post this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Are there any cat or dog moments - especially shows - gone wrong that anybody would like to share?
I think we share so many precious moments with our animal companions that they are just priceless.
I found this Cat show gone wrong video very amusing, mainly because the lady clearly says "don't grab", and what does this guy do?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
cats should not be in shows, they stress way easier than dog's, stupid wenches.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
thanks for the laugh.. i agree cats should not be put in these kind of shows. CAT was pissed

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NRGFreq

Our cat shows are a bit different, and we'll just have judges walking from pen to pen in a school or church hall.
We didn't want it for our kitty, but I could swear a few of those cats actually loved it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NRGFreq
cats should not be in shows, they stress way easier than dog's, stupid wenches.

Well, this will teach you not to call cats "stupid wenches"...I bet these guys can play better drums than you! [[and obviously the problem was with the stupid humans all grabbing at the cat, you would run away too.]]

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

I think he was referring to the old bats weird old women. To me, they were the stupid wenches lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Most of these cats have been in shows since they were kittens. They are used to the constant grooming and attention. And they are extremely loved and cared for.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Some cats are cool, my girlfriend as a cat that's part bobcat and I love stuffing him underneath my shirt for laughs, but in all seriousness he'd probably do the same things that one cat did at the show.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
........................................this dog has had nightmares ever since........................................

edit on 2-4-2011 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Cats are not toys, or dolls. I hate to see that these people need to parade their animals around in order to show how much they "care". Do you think that a cat, if it could speak would tell people, how happy and even amused they were to be dresses up, while people lifted them in the air in awe? NO!

You want to love your cat fine, you care for your cat, then fine, but come on. There's a limit.

As a matter of fact I just asked my cat, if he would be happy with this, and we watched the vid together, and he personally told me that if I EVER did something like that he would be pissed

That's how I feel when someone tells me that the cats are cool with it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
For this cat show I agree, and I've never seen anything like it.
It's more like a circus in many ways.
Many people think that some Americans have a strange taste for garish pageants.
A bit like many still find it strange that girls who are still toddlers are paraded about like models (although that has spread here, but not to a large extent).

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I mostly agree with you about parading animals around for the amusement of humans...for example, I am very much against zoos and circuses. However, I don't think all organizations that show animals are necessarily bad, for example, the video that I posted of the cat circus, this woman runs a cat sanctuary / adoption center, where she takes cats from other shelters that would have otherwise been put to sleep and tries to adopt them out...this is where the show comes in because she incorporates these cats into the show and demonstrates how the cats can be trained fairly quickly...and seeing how smart and wonderful the animals are raises awareness, and gets people interested and motivated to adopt them. So, if a cat show/sanctuary/adoption agency like the one this woman is running is leading to homeless animals finding permanent happy homes, than I think it's a good thing...however if it's an organization that is simply looking to make a profit off the exploitation of animals than I think that's a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I had many misconceptions about cats.
Such as: they have an aversion to water; or they don't enjoy being trained.
However watching programs like Cats 101 has challenged those ideas.
Some cats love to swim, and some love performing tricks.
Indeed, I think cats have personalities, and some are natural performers!
Just the first clip (my own) is in a space where cats are almost forced to perform before a crowd.
Our cat shows are less glitzy, and more like this show from Australia:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Cats are not toys, or dolls. I hate to see that these people need to parade their animals around in order to show how much they "care". Do you think that a cat, if it could speak would tell people, how happy and even amused they were to be dresses up, while people lifted them in the air in awe? NO!

You want to love your cat fine, you care for your cat, then fine, but come on. There's a limit.

As a matter of fact I just asked my cat, if he would be happy with this, and we watched the vid together, and he personally told me that if I EVER did something like that he would be pissed

That's how I feel when someone tells me that the cats are cool with it.

Peace, NRE.

Most cat owners are aware o what their cat will and will not tolerate. It is up to the person who is showing their cat to have the responsibility to know better.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I agree. I am also sure that if you asked that lady 30 seconds before this happened if her cat was happy, and would not throw a fit, she would have bet her life on it. People that truly understand cats are fully aware that they are very independent, and sorta loony (in a good way), I am a cat person, and I am aware that I love cats more then dogs, because they dont mess around.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, that poor cat shouldn't have been there.
This audience needs counseling!

new topics

top topics

join