It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenpeace enters "Safe Zones" and exposes dangeous levels of Radiation proof of cover-up!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I felt this is some damning evidence that the Japanse goverment is sacrificing it's own people in the "safe zones" near the reactor. People are getting very high levels of radiation and we know that we are being lied too. Japanese people are clearly being exposed to deadly levels of radiation and should be evacuated when they are not.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, there you have it.

Evac the people now?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have done a lot of reading today and this is one of my main
concerns. What's the problem with at least telling them to
evaucate as precautionary if nothing else, just get them
somwhere safe. I know they are not telling the truth
regarding the radioactive contamination, we know it and
they must know that we know it. Who or what could over
step this situation before the people die from radiation.

I support Greenpeace - maybe they can come up with a way
to get word to the people.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And the snow makes it worse as it melts. It will drain into the ground water,rivers, and sea.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh my...

At the end of the video that counter is over the limit. Bloody scary

Those poor people.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If just one passer by citizen ask Greenpeace what
they were doing and were given the high count
perhaps that is what could create an uprising
for people to evaucate. Anyone know where
they could safely evacuate to (where might a
safer area be). I read just one village that needs
to be evacuated has at least 7,000 people. .

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I have done a lot of reading today and this is one of my main
concerns. What's the problem with at least telling them to
evaucate as precautionary if nothing else, just get them
somwhere safe. I know they are not telling the truth
regarding the radioactive contamination, we know it and
they must know that we know it. Who or what could over
step this situation before the people die from radiation.

I support Greenpeace - maybe they can come up with a way
to get word to the people.

This is really horrible for the Japanese people who are being lied to by their Government in denial. However, these kind of disasters remind me how the Government likes to protect it's own assets. Katrina, BP and the list goes on that people do come last.

It's sad really.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
Oh my...

At the end of the video that counter is over the limit. Bloody scary

Those poor people.

I can't imagine being the people from Greenpeace in this hot-spot taking those kind of readings. Myself, I would be quite scared of the risk to my health. I'd be getting the hell out of there at the first 1900CPM reading let alone getting to the 9999CPM max that the counter can go to,

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Bump for truth and exposing corrupt cover-ups.

May this video save lives!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Fukushima Nuke Workers Expect To Die

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I so agree with your comments. Many of the Japanese people are still in a state of shock. As such, they tend to not think clearly, and tend to do as they are told. Also, many are still in a condition of grief and bereavement from lost loved ones, and loss of their homes and lives, and that can really take the wind out of your sails, and cause you to not care. Also a sort of denial kicks in.

It's going too far. They are letting it go too far. Someone needs to step in and take charge. But who? I honestly believe in situations such as this, there should be a global authority who can take jurisdiction, and make and enforce decisions on what is best for the troubled country as well as for our planet.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Fukushima Nuke Workers Expect To Die

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If you are hard up for money, they are highering people at $5,000.00 an hour to be jumpers.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

If your life isn`t worth $5,000.00 an hour I don`t know what is.

edit on 1-4-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I was listening to the news yesterday, they had a psychologist on that was attending to a few
people. He stated because of the amount of time it has been now the people are entering a
different type of depression. I won't go further with this as I don't have a source but I would assume
its most likely very deep depression that gets in the way of functioning as a person. This is so very sad, I
don't want them to give up hope.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

From you link - so this is what is going on.

Some workers have said they feel they are being pressured to take the high-risk jobs at the plant.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I know they won't but man that island needs to be abandoned. It's sad because there is so much culture, tradition, and history there but it's going to end a generation of people the only ones that will be left will be the ones that weren't there. I hope this draws enough attention to the problem with nuclear power to shut down all reactors and explore more stable safe green tech cause it's there to be used. I have a feeling as the years go on it will be realized just look at what was found out about chernobyl years later and that was one reactor and less dangerous fuel.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Greenpeace? What agenda are they pushing here? Complete and utter dismantling of the nuclear power industry? A disaster of epic proportions practically destroys half of Northern Japan, and throws the reactors into free-fall. Then, we have Greenpeace with their radiation suits and geiger counters canvassing the country side looking for anything and everything that will make an already serious matter into a hysterical crisis. On another note, what is the deal with that shot of a dog being tied up outside that building? Are they going to leave it there for a few days to see if it dies from radiation sickness? Then they could videotape the dog and tell everyone, "See I told you so."

Perhaps, they would be happy if the Japanese people who teeter on the edge of normal civil conduct would take matters into their own hands and lynch a few government officials and Tepco employees, burn down some buildings, loot businesses and homes, and other hysterical actions because the radiation levels may or may not have read accurately in the "Safe Zones?" They are haphazardly playing around with a people who have been shaken to the core by the recent chain of events.

There have been earthquakes and tsunamis before, and the reactors have been able to withstand the onslaught. This situation was a disaster that was essentially unheard of in recent memory, and happened so quickly. We are talking about a 9.0 earthquake, and a wall of water that some say was 10 meters high. The disaster is unprecedented in scope, and all that can be done in the future is to make preparations for a disaster of this magnitude or worse. Making the preparations won't happen over night.

The preparations may not be enough, and when the Earth lets out a belch people are going to experience it in some way, shape, or form. There is no such thing as a fail-safe mode when it comes to disaster preparedness. To Greenpeace, stop with the grandstanding and help the people if you can. This is not a time for politics, or pushing agendas. There will be plenty of time to point the finger at those guilty of negligence, or criminal conduct. People are facing the affects of a nuclear meltdown, mourning the recovered dead and missing, facing food shortages, catastrophic homelessness, and other after affects from an epic disaster.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is what is needed to rouse the people out of their funk.
It is obvious that the people have be traumatised by all this, and they seem to be in a state of shock still.
But thete are those whose job it is to keep them safe.These are the traitors to the Japanese nation.
The fact that they have lied about contamination, and have been loath to come out with the true prognosis publicly.
The radiation leaks must be very serious to allow the fallout to spread so far.
Even now we are being spoon fed info, and kept in the dark as to the real seriousness of the problems they face in dealing with this fiasco.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
IF Tepco and the Jap gov had been transparent and open, Greenpeace activists would not had been needed to risk their lives being there.

Yes. Greenpeace had an agenda being there, and that is to tell the world the truth of what is happening. While Tepco and the Jap gov can hide whatever that is behind the close walls of the reactors, it cannot hide what is in the air. The jap gov equally has an agenda, and that is to continually decieve and lie to the world, buy time to make a quick exist while more and more precious human lives would later be discovered to have radiation sickness.

Earthquake and Tsunamis of every kind of magnitude come and go on planet Earth as for centuries. Today, we pride ourselves being an educated and civilise world, and yet, with our scientific advances, we stupidly build nuke reactors along the Ring of Fire and on quake zones, that our fail safe measures are perfect.

Fukishima had proven that the IAEA had been less than perfect, engineering feats and the intelligentsia found wanting. Why is that so? Had they been in collusion, accepting bribes from corporations to look the other way when they could have sounded the alarm long ago, as some intellectuals with integrity had done so in the past but brutally put down as cokies and conspiracy theorists?

One should be thanking that on our planet, there are still activists such as Greenpeace whom will take the risks to go into danger zones to let the world know the truth, while the guilty and passive jap gov and greedy corporations tried to cover up, exposing more of our Japanese brothers and sisters to harm.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I would think at this point getting them out wouldn't save many lives. They have already been exposed to enormous amounts of radiation. I would think that that kind of exposure would mean certain death. Also, they would have to all be treated in some way before moving them to a "safe zone". These people are radioactive! Besides, I am sure most of these people wouldnt have the funds to just uproot.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Greenpeace had an agenda being there, and that is to tell the world the truth of what is happening.

Why should Greenpeace be believed? Greenpeace have been caught out lying before, who says that they are telling the truth now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join