It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS censors Yellowstone earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Not sure what to make of this yet but I stumbled upon these reports researching earthquake activity in Yellowstone. What, other then the obvious, motives would they have for suppressing data?
I am no expert in plate tectonics or seismic analysis but I read there was a 4.1 earthquake recently in Yellowstone and the mantle has risen by 10 inches. Some call this a 'breath' which is normal but like I said earlier I am no expert.

There are a lot of links to this, I listed 2, credibility unknown. I'm now wondering what other things this agency has suppressed and more so why.

AAA

Setyoufree news

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Very interesting. All the movies have been removed. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is weird these seem to get taken down as fast as they go up, here is 3 more and they worked right now.

NSN Blog

WNN

WordPress

edit on 4/1/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I spoke to a friend yesterday who IS an expert in geology about the situation in Japan...

According to him the Earth is an stress release phase right now. We can expect much more activity worldwide but the two areas to watch are Yellowstone and California.

Although he gave some guesses as to what the underlying cause might be, he was very clear that this is only the beginning.

Mom's waking up from a long nap, she needs to stretch a bit.

ETA...

The thing that caught his attention the most are the earthquakes in Quebec, given the geology of that part of Canada he finds them 'odd'.

edit on 1-4-2011 by [davinci] because: Form & Content

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The members TrueAmerican and westcoast are very good at monitoring earthquakes and Yellowstone. There are several threads on the monitoring of Yellowstone.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Not sure what to make of this yet but I stumbled upon these reports researching earthquake activity in Yellowstone. What, other then the obvious, motives would they have for suppressing data?
I am no expert in plate tectonics or seismic analysis but I read there was a 4.1 earthquake recently in Yellowstone and the mantle has risen by 10 inches. Some call this a 'breath' which is normal but like I said earlier I am no expert.

There are a lot of links to this, I listed 2, credibility unknown. I'm now wondering what other things this agency has suppressed and more so why.

AAA

Setyoufree news

This one shows the quake earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
this was discussed in the Yellowstone thread in some detail... I still dont know what explanation they came up with though.

its been eerily quiet around Yellowstone and the San Andreas fault lately
edit on 4/1/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This one still lists the 4.1 near yellowstone.

edit on 1-4-2011 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What, other then the obvious, motives would they have for suppressing data?

They DON'T suppress the data, simply because they can't. There's too many scientists, not to mention people watching it. And if you think they do, then why not contact the YVO or other scientists. They are always friendly and very responsive, assuming you ask some pertinent questions. And btw, your first video was removed. I didn't bother with the second link, because honestly I can tell you after watching Yellowstone for years, and being in direct contact with the YVO and others, it is just not true. But believe what you will.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What's not true? Supressing data or the 10 in 'breath"?
And a 4.1, isn't that pretty big for Yellowstone?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Well after looking at the map location, technically I don't believe that is in Yellowstone. And to support that statement, usually when there is one in the confines of Yellowstone, it is listed by the USGS as such. It will say "Yellowstone National Park, WY." That quake is south of the park, but in that area anything that happens usually relates to the park in some way. Or at least that is the opinion of some scientists.

As to that being big for the area it occurred in, according to the historical seismicity, no it is not. It is about average for the area:
neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Was just wondering, I honestly could care less if the super volcano erupted. It would just mean time to move somewhere else, preferably better then where I am now. And yes, I am far away just the collateral damage would still effect me months after.

Just thought it was suspicious seeing that when I started my brief research on this I found that most sites were pointed in the USGS suppressing info of eruptions, specifically swarm eruptions from months earlier. I searched ats with no avail, but was later told this was previously spoken about with no ultimate conclusion. I realize how difficult it would be to hide information like this, but suppression is not hiding.

So to the question again, does anybody have any proof of USGS 'suppressing' info from the media or being suppressed? I found it kinda funny that the initial websites all have there info taken down but subsequent blogs are still showing the material in question.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Well actually, I believe your research was a bit too brief, and not focused in the right places. Just being honest and that's not a cut.

Some time ago, before the YVO started keeping us updated on swarm activity monthly in their reports, I started a thread here about tracking Yellowstone earthquake swarms. This was because the YVO themselves lists earthquake swarms as one precursor to an impending eruption. Through emails with them, I believe they reconsidered this and have since been updating us on swarm activity every month- for which I am grateful.

Here is the thread, and one I need to update one of these days:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really urge anyone with questions to contact them. They are not some "unseen" evil government organization. They are scientists and people, who are mostly quite friendly. Promise! Try it!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Looking at these answers as well!

EDIT: Oh well...
edit on 1-4-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is the only thing left from a link on my blog:

There was also a video from youtube showing the earthquakes on USGS before removal, I didn't save it.... of course it's gone now (stupid me).
I've noticed that it's impossible to contact a youtube user to verify if he removed the video himself because it doesn't show the user anymore when they pull it, it's all well thought out.

Greetings

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You are misinterpreting the question I raised, but it would be too brief to form and honest opinion of you and not focused in the right place, such as this forum.

Just being honest and that's not a cut.

So again is there any evidence that anyone knows of that 'something, some agency' is suppressing the information that the USGS is 'willfully' handing out or that there is some type of media blackout on information presented.
Not to be confused with the USGS (or any of its affiliates) suppressing its own information, unless it is being done in some clandestine way by private individuals or factions (which can never be verified - at least here).

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

What, other then the obvious, motives would they have for suppressing data?

They DON'T suppress the data, simply because they can't. There's too many scientists, not to mention people watching it. And if you think they do, then why not contact the YVO or other scientists. They are always friendly and very responsive, assuming you ask some pertinent questions. And btw, your first video was removed. I didn't bother with the second link, because honestly I can tell you after watching Yellowstone for years, and being in direct contact with the YVO and others, it is just not true. But believe what you will.

They've already reached their goal. Look outside, do you see those people, walking hand in hand, that old lady with her little dog... Those guys playing football over there, those people before the traffic light. etc...
They've probably never seen those lists from USGS and wouldn't even know what they're looking at in the first place... Those people represent the biggest piece of the total cake. You can fool 'them' again and again... the same goes for anomalies in space seen by a few in relation to humanity as a whole and people 'suspecting' harm from haarp facilities or the LHC collider, even when they could proof it, it doesn't matter because the biggest part of humanity have never seen a graph called magnetometer with By, Bz or Bx for example, it would be overkill to confront them with proof for a theory about a machine that even most people haven't seen in their lives. Because of this lack of knowledge, they trust on the people who are "experts" in the field.

So who do they trust ? the "experts" or the people on blogs and forums trying to convince them ?
If people would know about cyclical changes with a bigger lifespan than 'some generations'(as example, not as fact), they would stop working maybe and spent time with their families.... or travel a lot because now they can see the places they haven't visited yet, before it's too late. that's not what tptb want, the machine must go on till the last minute.
After a while, it would be obvious for everyone, but than it's too late for preparations and last wishes.

to make a long story short, suppressing data does work in my opinion. I wish it didn't, but that's another story, I have seen suppressed data enough, but the tracks are always cleaned afterwards

top topics

join