It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy minded urban homestead, glad to be here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Been lurking for a while, and decided it was about time to hop on the bandwagon. Been doing my best to create an urban homestead, with focus on family & community. Trying my best to wake up as many people as possible. Anyways, first post, so go easy!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good Luck my friend...Your 1 in 1,000.....Enjoy your stay and welcome....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1FullHouse
Been lurking for a while, and decided it was about time to hop on the bandwagon. Been doing my best to create an urban homestead, with focus on family & community. Trying my best to wake up as many people as possible. Anyways, first post, so go easy!

Pretty cool, same here, and welcome! : )

Im looking forward to talking with you on the urban homesteading and other "urban" stuff
I have learned that living as I try to do : a radical homemaker... that its darned expensive to get off the ground in an urban setting!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1FullHouse

1FullHouse, welcome to ATS friend, enjoy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks! It is so much trial and error, but 4 years in now and loving it! One of these days I'll have a bonafide homestead, but I do what I can, with what I have!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i will be following this, intend to contact urban gardeners soon, heh!
thank you for setting the trend!!! we need more people who make this work.

one idea i tried to push at PP that was largely ignored was greenhouses, greenhouses, greenhouses.
hermetically sealed ones to protect against monsanto if you have the cash, lol.

i wanna have a couple and then do some traditional crops too like squashes/beans etc.

heeeeelp @.@

what is best seattle urban gardener?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nuclearnuttery

i've also promoted such things as well especially the part of hermetically sealing them to prevent contamination,

some big nasty dogs as well, Monsteranto has been known to hire people to contaminate farmers crops.

heres a video i like posting on this subject:

1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost

welcome to ATS 1fullhouse, you might want to check the survival forum for useful info

a mod will be along shortly to provide useful links and welcome you as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nuclearnuttery

I have thought about greenhouses, but in my area (hot hot desert), I think I might just end up cooking the plants.

What I have found is to do research on the native cultures in any given area you plan on homesteading/gardening in. They were here thousands of years before us, and know what plants grow best. If it is native flora & fauna, it doesn't take any extra care, nature does it for you!
edit on 1-4-2011 by 1FullHouse because: spelling

top topics

join