It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your SS# Match Your State of Birth?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Weird, apparently my number matches up to Indiana??!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I checked this with my families and they are all correct. interesting link!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Any connections to Indiana?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

All that I can think of is that my grandmother lived there for a while, but long after I was born. So, I don't know...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I got my social security card in 1985, when I was 15 (for my first job). I was not living in the state in which I was born so no, my SSN does not match my birth state.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Textreply to post by sheepslayer247

Your SS# is based upon the current state that your mother lives in, if her info has not been kept current, then the

last place she was suppose to live will be the state in which the baby's ss# will be issued reguardless of what

is filled out, why they do this is unknown but that is how it is done and if the mother was adopted even if

she never knew otherwise the records will show somehow.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by memphis007

That only applies if your mother applies for your SS# at birth.
The SS# is issued to you based on where the person applying for the # is at the time they apply.

I didn't get my SS# until I was 4 or 5, since I was in the same city/state it didn't matter.
If for some weird reason I didn't get one until I was an adult it would be based on where I was when I applied for it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Originally posted by Analyze76
If you were born "on base" you will not match the state.
If you are an alien you will not match the state.

Mine is correct.

It's out of date then. Im not an alien, no one in my family is an alien, mine is there but my brothers isnt, we were born in the same state, same city, and about 6 blocks apart in different hospitals. My sisters isn't there either.
None of us were born on base, although our mother and father both served in the military.

Some bases have offices where you can turn in your application and the base sends it off, maybe to a specific place and it's in another state.

My daughter was born in Germany but she has a new york state SSN. My zip code was also a new york state zip code so I don't know if they used new york because that's where I'm from or because of my zip code

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

mines 227.. born in va.. matches

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My husband and I are from Pennsylvania....our numbers fall within the group for Pa.....my daughters were born in California....their's match too......but this is interesting.....let's keep going.....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Does it make sense that mine is from NM, but I have never lived there nor have my parents?

In some instances, such as when one Soc.Sec office is overwhelmed with new applications, sacks of the paperwork are shipped out to other Soc.Sec. offices for processing. In such a situation, a person might be assigned an SSN with a prefix indicating issuance in a State in which he has never resided nor even visited.

However, YOUR experience should serve to quiet some quibbling over Obama's purported SSN. It should, but I'd bet it won't.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join